Bird-Kid's "Aero Glass Start-up Screens" - Finally

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

Bird-Kid
2007 Christmas Avatar of the Year 3rd Runner-up
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: Austria, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Observable Universe

Bird-Kid's "Aero Glass Start-up Screens" - Finally

Post by Bird-Kid »

Hi @ all!

Foreword:
Well, maybe someone can remember my old topic [ New start-up screens for Battlefront 2! ]...

And for about a week I found my old topic again, so I decided to upload my 4. launcher. *Finally*... :P

The old topic can be found [ here ]...

For now I only uploaded my last - and already old - version, v4.
If anyone wanna get a previous version, just post here and I'll look what I can do...

Note:
If you have the CD version, you have to download the full or lite ZIP file and the "Update to CD" version!

--------------------

Description:
I wrote:This is a new launcher for SW BF2. It changes the startup-screen to this new version by Bird-Kid...
It contains many modifications: new optic, sounds, cursors, etc. Totally NEW: a page called "My favorites" where you can save your BF2 videos, PofD's, beauty pics etc. Really interesting! :P

More in the Readme file.

- Bird-Kid
--------------------

Note:
Please make sure you have read the ReadMe file!

--------------------

Download Links:
Version 4.03:

Download: [ bird-kid's_swbf2-startup-screen_v4.03.zip ].

--------

Version 4.03 (lite):

Download: [ bird-kid's_swbf2-startup-screen_v4.03_lite.zip ].
Note:
This one is the lite version, it doesn't include files in the "My favorites" folder ( only subfolders )!

--------

Version 4.03 (Up-date to CD version):

Download: [ bird-kid's_swbf2-startup-screen_v4.03_CD-version.zip ].
Note:
You have to download one of the previous versions for the DVD version!
Because this one includes only a few 'updated' files to launch my start-up screen!
Btw, thanks to Darth_Z13 for helping me with this!

--------------------

Previews:

Note:
This kinda borders are naturally only added in the previews!

--------------------

Rant:
Hope you enjoy my old start-up screen! :wink:

For any question etc., Thanks,
- [7|SS]Bird-Kid
Last edited by Bird-Kid on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council
xbox live or psn: Xanthius Wylon

RE: Bird-Kid

Post by Darth_Z13 »

Wow looks amazing! I've got the CD version and I'll try it out.

EDIT: It works well and is very cool! I only had to make a few changes to a few files to get them to work. You can download the CD version here. Copy the files to your install folder as Bird-Kid said. Make sure to backup!

EDIT: ALERT! Do not use CD users! When going to play the game I get an error that says please insert DVD 1. I'm gonna try and fix it.

EDIT: Alright I uploaded the corrected files. You can get the working CD version here. Make sure you copy over his cursor file! (as I forgot to include it in the .rar file :roll: )
Darth_Killius

RE: Bird-Kid

Post by Darth_Killius »

can you please explain step by step how to install it?
Bird-Kid
Location: Austria, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Observable Universe

Re: RE: Bird-Kid

Post by Bird-Kid »

Darth_Z13 wrote:Wow looks amazing! I've got the CD version and I'll try it out.

EDIT: It works well and is very cool! I only had to make a few changes to a few files to get them to work. You can download the CD version here. Copy the files to your install folder as Bird-Kid said. Make sure to backup!

EDIT: ALERT! Do not use CD users! When going to play the game I get an error that says please insert DVD 1. I'm gonna try and fix it.

EDIT: Alright I uploaded the corrected files. You can get the working CD version here. Make sure you copy over his cursor file! (as I forgot to include it in the .rar file :roll: )
:) Wow! Thanks for your time, Darth_Z13! :D
Darth_Killius wrote:can you please explain step by step how to install it?
:arrow: In the 'readme.txt' you can find ( hopefully all needed ) informations how to 'install' my launcher(s). :wink:
Darth_Killius

RE: Re: RE: Bird-Kid

Post by Darth_Killius »

i did it like it was in you readme but i had to make my own Install file and i putted the maps there but my menu was the same... and what can i do with Darths update?
Bird-Kid

Re: RE: Re: RE: Bird-Kid

Post by Bird-Kid »

Darth_Killius wrote:i did it like it was in you readme but i had to make my own Install file and i putted the maps there but my menu was the same... and what can i do with Darths update?
:? Hmm... Do you have the CD version of "SWBF2"? If yes, try the following:
  1. -> Re-place my files with ALL your old file of you 'Install' folder.
    -> Re-download and/or re-install my launcher: simply copy all file of the 'Install Files' folder of the ZIP file into your 'Install' folder.
    -> Download the 'Up-date to CD version' ZIP file and re-place one file and folder with the ones of the my 3rd ZIP file ( the 'CD update' one ).
Hope this will work now to you! :P :wink:

Otherwise pls go to MSN or xfire! :wink:

- [7|SS]Bird-Kid
Darth_Killius

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Bird-Kid

Post by Darth_Killius »

ok im installing good so long but why do you say put the folder my favorites in the gamedata folder? i dont have the folder my favorites only my POtDs etc...
EDIT: didnt work... i did almost everything like you said , almost because the fonts file is there but the file cant fin the path...
Bird-Kid

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Bird-Kid

Post by Bird-Kid »

Darth_Killius wrote:why do you say put the folder my favorites in the gamedata folder? i dont have the folder my favorites only my POtDs etc...
:shock: Crap!! These four folders should be in another folder called "My favorites" ( ...\GameData\My favorites )... :x

Anyway... have to think what the problem could be...
Darth_Killius

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Bird-Kid

Post by Darth_Killius »

thanx that youre thinking about my problem but can it be that its my windows vista?
Bird-Kid

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Bird-Kid

Post by Bird-Kid »

Darth_Killius wrote:thanx that youre thinking about my problem but can it be that its my windows vista?
:? Nope, don't think so, 'cause it doesn't really depend on the used operating system... :)
Darth_Killius

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Bird-Kid

Post by Darth_Killius »

i have 1 more question: is that font file important cuz i cant extract it to c\windows\fonts
it says that that path doesnt exists but the map exists lol

P.S. i saw this screens in the wip section long time ago and really wanted to have them when they would be out and now i cant install them :cry: :(
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Bird-Kid

Post by Darth_Z13 »

No Bird-Kid! I had to rename a few files in the pages folder! If you removed them from the .zip it won't work. Just use the link I posted! The only files it's missing is the font, cursor and the my favourites folder.

I'm gonna upload a full CD version right now. Don't modify it's contents!

@Killius, I had trouble installing the font file on Vista so that could be your problem.

EDIT: Sorry for my rudeness. You can download the working CD version files here. Every file (including the readme's) have been added. There is no 'My Favorites' folder though so if you really want it you'll need to download it. This was in the interest of keeping file size down.

@Bird-Kid, if you modify those files it will cause the load screen not to work. You can add but don't take away. Sorry for being rude about it.
Bird-Kid

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Bird-Kid

Post by Bird-Kid »

Darth_Z13 wrote:No Bird-Kid! I had to rename a few files in the pages folder! If you removed them from the .zip it won't work. Just use the link I posted! The only files it's missing is the font, cursor and the my favourites folder.

I'm gonna upload a full CD version right now. Don't modify it's contents!

EDIT: Sorry for my rudeness. You can download the working CD version files here. Every file (including the readme's) have been added. There is no 'My Favorites' folder though so if you really want it you'll need to download it. This was in the interest of keeping file size down.

@Bird-Kid, if you modify those files it will cause the load screen not to work. You can add but don't take away. Sorry for being rude about it.
:shock: Oh... didn't c that u renamed some files too... :oops:

:o And THANKS again for all your help! :D

:) Hmm... I think I have to upload a new ZIP file with the 'My favorites' folder... :?
DS_jawathehutt
Private Second Class

Post by DS_jawathehutt »

The font and the background are a little dark, I would lighten one of them.
phazon_elite
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Location: I'm sorry Link, I can't give the location. Come back when you're a little...mmmh...RICHER!

Post by phazon_elite »

This thing screwed up my game a little:

- It no longer brought up American servers without me using the all regions button

- Some of my own mod maps (and the Capital Down series, weird...) didn't have anything when there should have been a name

- The font for the game was weird and different

I like it a lot, but I had to switch back. Sorry...

- EP-000782
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council

Post by Darth_Z13 »

Ya for some reason it turns the game European...
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

Good good. I think you'll need to make a version for each game localization(or something) American, english, european, etc. Something in the file is different for each one so it changes the game.

Thats how I used to play 1.1 with the Domestic patch untill the international one was released.

PS: when you upload the next ones include a readme. ((or atleast the one Darth uploaded for you diddn't include it))
Bird-Kid

Post by Bird-Kid »

:arrow: Okay, v3.04 files are updated! :wink:
Penguin wrote:I think you'll need to make a version for each game localization(or something) American, english, european, etc. Something in the file is different for each one so it changes the game.

Thats how I used to play 1.1 with the Domestic patch untill the international one was released.
:? Weird... it should only change the launcher, not more... :shock:
Penguin wrote:PS: when you upload the next ones include a readme. ((or atleast the one Darth uploaded for you diddn't include it))
:o LoL - I thought I had added some ReadMes into the old ZIP files... :oops: :P

:wink:
- [7|SS]Bird-Kid
Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

I wish someone would make a new load screen*, something blue-ish. I'm so tired of the red and silver Mustafar. Its depressing.

*[RDH]Zerted made one ages ago, but it was only a proof of concept that said "Death Match Demo" on it in green. :P