Crysis Star Wars mod: Do you want GCW or CW? (poll)

Discuss all things Crysis, including the new "Day In The Life" Star Wars mod

Moderator: Moderators

Clone Wars or Galactic Civil War?

Gimme Clones!
84%
Gimme Rebels!
16%

Total votes: 37
Taivyx
2008 Best Games Related Avatar
Projects :: Terra Strife - discontinued
Games I'm Playing :: none
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Crysis Star Wars mod: Do you want GCW or CW? (poll)

Post by Taivyx »

I thought it was illegal to edit .dll's.......?
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Hey all. It looks as tho Ill be starting up a Clone Wars era mod ... tentatively called "Tales of the Republic" , barring any problems.

Itll start out as a space mod only. Having spent time on FirstStrike (demo out tomorrow) space maps were far easier and faster to setup. If all things go well an infantry element will be added.

In the near future I'll be getting a website up and running for it and begin to look for people to join up.

I'll be looking at starting the mod on the Battle of Coruscant and moving on to the Battle of Muunilist (as seen in the clone wars cartoon) and then on to others.

If/when an infantry element is added to this mod id be very interested in people either joining up or submitted storyline/mission ideas

On another note, I was tempted to go for a kotor era/mandalorian wars era mod but as was already mentioned there isnt many people out there that even know about it.
I dont have Xfire anymore . Il dl it again sometime tho, im sure.
t551
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by t551 »

Taivyx wrote:I thought it was illegal to edit .dll's.......?
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Not for CryEngine, at least not for CryEngine 1. Crytek released the source for CryGame.dll, and the game itself had the ability to dynamically load new versions of the .dll, so code-mods didn't have to be manually installed and uninstalled.

People did some pretty crazy things with it... there's currently a Command and Conquer strategy mod being released...