Crysis Star Wars mod: Do you want GCW or CW? (poll)

Discuss all things Crysis, including the new "Day In The Life" Star Wars mod

Moderator: Moderators

Clone Wars or Galactic Civil War?

Gimme Clones!
84%
Gimme Rebels!
16%

Total votes: 37
Lord-Bandu

Crysis Star Wars mod: Do you want GCW or CW? (poll)

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Hey all.

Well with FirstStrike nearing its open beta stage and having spent the last 18monthes on it I am in provisional discussions with the Crysis devs about all the info i need to confirm that it has everything needed to make an awesome ultra realistic , simulation-like , Star Wars mod.

Now if indeed the Crysis engine does have the modding features to support an awesome SW mod(so far it has everything needed) i'll be starting one up but what id like to know is...

Would you guys prefer a Clone Wars era mod or another Galactic Civil War era mod? (GC and soon to be released FirstStrike and HL2 GCW mod )

Please vote and then explain your decision below. Feel free to go into detail . I know that the Clone Wars opens up alot of possiblities such as ARC etc.

Also please take Jedi out of the equation for the moment. They may be included but im yet to find out how well they could be implemented. If you must mention Jedi .. just put a sentence at the bottom of your post sayin whether youd like jedi or not

eg. Jedi = yes or Jedi = no

If all goes well Il certainly be putting up a thread and contacting some of you individually to see if youd be interested (iv got ALOT of mods to look at , thats for sure) . Heck , feel free to mention if youd be interested in helping out ,and how .

Thanks guys and HELLO again :D .

Oh and im deadly serious about this. Iv spent 18 monthes working on 1 mod so if/when i start it up ..it will be followed thro with ,and be nice and organised :)
phazon_elite
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: I'm sorry Link, I can't give the location. Come back when you're a little...mmmh...RICHER!

RE: Crysis Star Wars mod: Do you want GCW or CW? (poll)

Post by phazon_elite »

If I would say anything, I'd go for the Clone Wars.

Off Topic: Is Crysis moddable to the extreme or something?

- EP-782
Lord-Bandu

RE: Crysis Star Wars mod: Do you want GCW or CW? (poll)

Post by Lord-Bandu »

I cant divulge any info they have told me , since i signed an NDA agreement with them but if you search in youtube for "crysis map editor" you'll see its got some pretty nice features ;)
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

I'm willing to help with a Star Wars mod for Crysis

Post by AceMastermind »

A Star Wars mod for Crysis was the direction that I was planning to go in, considering how much upgrading I will need to get it to run on my PC. The Clone War era is what I was going to focus on, i'd be willing to help since you're going to start a Star Wars mod for Crysis.
I have to say 'no' to Jedi because I feel the grunt battle is more interesting to me personally.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Not knowing what the Crysis engine is going to support, you may be biting off more than you care to chew with Jedi, and Jedi are kind've what sell CW, in my opinion. ARCs are fun and all, but nothing says "Star Wars" like stormtroopers. I think you'll appeal to the masses more with a GCW-era mod.
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

Hey Bandu, u should check out my mod teams forums, they're not quite done, but we have quite an interesting mod (not star wars im afraid): http://semfort.lohikaarme.org/index.php
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Clone Wars.

No Jedi. Waay too overrated.
Murdocr

Post by Murdocr »

I too am in the process of upgrading my pc, and will definately be getting this game. IMO i would like a clone wars as well. I just think that the CW has cool vehicles etc. And as you said, GCW is being used in quite a few mods lately. But having said that, wouldn't it be easier for you to make GCW, seeing as you have all the models already from FirstStrike. Any ways, my vote goes for CW.

Jedi = no

EDIT: Oh, and if you are going to have room on this mod for a modeller with just over 1 year of experience, then i would be happy to help. :)
Bac-Talan
Captain
Captain

Post by Bac-Talan »

Whoa! FirstStrikes due for a release soon? That's awesome!

But anyways, on topic.
I would personally prefer clones, but the engine is probably better suited for the guerrilla warfare type fighting, as seen in the GCW.
Maybe you could be unique, and have the post order 66 combat, with guerrilla bands of rebels and jedi (if included) vs. clonetroopers

I dunno, if I get Crysis I might be able to help
EGG_GUTS
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by EGG_GUTS »

Jedi = No

Droids = Oh yes :D
swbf_lase
Major General
Major General

Post by swbf_lase »

Bandu, do I have your Xfire? Get on sometime...
ARC_Commander
High General
High General

Post by ARC_Commander »

CW, definitely. And no Jedi, Crysis engine would be better for ranged weapons. Check out the Clone Wars 3D Series trailer. Something like that would be nice. Hmm... a set of commando missions, possibly? ARCs and RCs all the way. They engaged in more guerrilla-type warfare. We could even make up a storyline, it would be quite cool. My computer is too weak to take Crysis, though (laptop :( ) but if I got the mod tools I could do ODF-type work. And if we made a storyline, I could be a writer.
MasterSaitek009
Black Sun Slicer

Post by MasterSaitek009 »

Maveritchell wrote:Not knowing what the Crysis engine is going to support, you may be biting off more than you care to chew with Jedi, and Jedi are kind've what sell CW, in my opinion. ARCs are fun and all, but nothing says "Star Wars" like stormtroopers. I think you'll appeal to the masses more with a GCW-era mod.
My thoughts exactly. Stormies rock! :troop: :troop:
Karnage
Commander Randomtoast
Games I'm Playing :: Overwatch

Post by Karnage »

I think you should go with CW. We'll have GCW in FirstStrike, so why not a different era in a different game. But no Jedi of course.
wazmol
High General
High General
Projects :: Thinking...
Games I'm Playing :: Black Ops

Post by wazmol »

CWs all the way but please no jedis lol
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Crysis Star Wars mod: Do you want GCW or CW? (poll)

Post by squipple »

My post isn't about the poll, but it is indeed relevant. I didn't see any other posts about it, but holy buckets, lOOk at the Crysis editor! Unbelievable tool.

Part 1 http://www.gametrailers.com/player/17757.html
Part 2 http://www.gametrailers.com/player/17762.html
DooFi

Post by DooFi »

Why don't you go with UnrealTournamentIII? I'd probably be in then xD
Oh and btw, why not try something rather new. Like Mandalorian Wars or something (BBY of course, no Yuzzhan Blah stuff...)
lol

nice new forums here...
Taivyx
2008 Best Games Related Avatar
Projects :: Terra Strife - discontinued
Games I'm Playing :: none

Post by Taivyx »

Offtopic, I know, but......
DooFi!!
You're still here??
MasterSaitek009
Black Sun Slicer

Post by MasterSaitek009 »

Mandalorian Wars might be interesting but I don't think that it would generate enough interest.
A lot of people don't even know that the Mandalorian Wars existed.
When people hear "Star Wars" they usually think "Stormtroopers" or "Darth Vader"
That's the era I think we should go with.
:duel:
t551
General
General

Post by t551 »

I don't really have a preference either way, but if you have room on the project for an XSI modeler, I would absolutely LOVE to be part of the team.

Additionally, if you plan on doing C++ recompilations or crygame.dll like you could in CryEngine 1, I could help out with that.