Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast

General and modding discussion for Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy

Moderator: Moderators

Whitch one should I buy?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:38 pm

Jedi Outcast
No votes
Jedi Academy
100%

Total votes: 3
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast

Post by EraOfDesann »

Teancum wrote:
delta 47 wrote:Not to mention the literally thousands of files (around 5,000 to be exact) just on Jedi Knight Files.
While that's true, my personal opinion is that 50% or more of that are crappy reskins and stuff like that.

Yeah, you have to wade through a fair amount of crap to get to the good stuff. Fortunately the good stuff is really good.
SFILancaster
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: somewhere in a house on Boras watching the deadly stunt course races

Post by SFILancaster »

Even though i dont have the money for JK3 but i do have JK2 i ghave seen the mods like the above posts there's alot of krap(usualy skins) but there is loads of good stuff
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Post by Delta 47 »

Even though i dont have the money for JK3 but i do have JK2 i ghave seen the mods like the above posts there's alot of krap(usualy skins) but there is loads of good stuff
Yeah, there is a lot of good stuff and a good deal of junk too. I mostly go for the "good" Star Wars skins, models, and maps by use of search and get the top downloaded files or when I find a really good mod I look at the authors files, so basically I skip through all of the junk that way.
SFILancaster
Private

Post by SFILancaster »

or just take the time to read the review works so u dont miss out on good stuff
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

Teancum wrote:
delta 47 wrote:Not to mention the literally thousands of files (around 5,000 to be exact) just on Jedi Knight Files.
While that's true, my personal opinion is that 50% or more of that are crappy reskins and stuff like that. Though SWBFfiles doesn't put out as many files daily, it's generally higher quality stuff.
Hey, you know what I'd like to see? I wish someone would reskin the sith cultist. Maybe make a black sith cultist :lol:
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Post by Delta 47 »

The_Emperor wrote:
Teancum wrote:
While that's true, my personal opinion is that 50% or more of that are crappy reskins and stuff like that. Though SWBFfiles doesn't put out as many files daily, it's generally higher quality stuff.
Hey, you know what I'd like to see? I wish someone would reskin the sith cultist. Maybe make a black sith cultist :lol:
:funny2: Thats about the only one they haven't made, by now they basically skipped the "Star Wars" related projects and started making Celebrities models. Since when were they in Star Wars :runaway:
SFILancaster
Private

Post by SFILancaster »

same reason for why Dann has people from real life in his maps (albeit on LSD and steroids). It's because it gives you more freedom to play as who you want instead of just Starwars (kind of redundant though) personaly i like this Iron Man skin for JK2
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

started playing the demo for Ja, very fun, too bad its just those 2 short maps in the trial. I like using the cheats to spawn piles of stuff and looking at getting this game, it would be fun to make a dedicated server that gt runs and just put our own creations on it like we used to do with swbf1/2. Seems like modding is the easiest ever for all the JK Ja typegames, easy compression and such. Im gonna try to unpack the demo files and repack them with new things. hehe.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

guru wrote:started playing the demo for Ja, very fun, too bad its just those 2 short maps in the trial. I like using the cheats to spawn piles of stuff and looking at getting this game, it would be fun to make a dedicated server that gt runs and just put our own creations on it like we used to do with swbf1/2. Seems like modding is the easiest ever for all the JK Ja typegames, easy compression and such. Im gonna try to unpack the demo files and repack them with new things. hehe.

The cheats can be very fun. I love spawning mutant rancors and watching them take out the baddies for me.
SFILancaster
Private

Post by SFILancaster »

:cry: i wish i had enough money for JKA
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler