Anyone good at bothpathing?

General and modding discussion for Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Anyone good at bothpathing?

Post by Teancum »

Waaaaaay back in the day before SWBF1 was out I worked as a contributor on the Open Jedi Project. As a side project that was never released I was working on a JO-->JA conversion. I'd like to start that up again someday, but I wouldn't be able to do so without someone who could fix the AI paths so they work correctly in JA (they updated the code for JA).

Anyways, here's what I had done, and what I can do again easily:

-All JO menus --> JA
-Kyle Customizer: Choose shirt (torso), pants, and boots
-Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Mysteries of the Sith, Bantha Herder (JO/JA) and other outfits to mix & match from
-The ability to change your clothes after each mission (Remember I said mission, not level. So you wouldn't be able to change you clothes between levels 1-2, but could between 2-3)
-Saber customization menu akin to JA's. Choose the color, hilt, etc. Learn new styles like two sabers or staff as the game goes on.

Now, let me be very clear about this. I'm not jumping into this project unless I know someone's gonna be able to fix those paths and has proof to back it up. I can fix animations, scripts, menus, customization, etc but I would need someone GOOD at pathing. So if you're gonna say "I could try to botpath for you" then don't bother.