Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

General and modding discussion for Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy

Moderator: Moderators

How interested in a Gametoast JK:JA clan would you be?

Dude, I'm there!!!
62%
Hmmm, Sounds Interesting....
8%
Um, Maybe, If enough others will do it.
8%
I don't think anyone plays that game anymore.
8%
Jedi Academy SUX!!! This is a Battlefront site!!!!
8%
What's a Jedi? Where am I? This website is so confusing!!!
8%

Total votes: 13
Joe-B-Wan

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Post by Joe-B-Wan »

OK guys, I've been away for a long time, and I've really missed the GT community. I work two jobs and my time has been quite limited. :cry: I haven't even been playing Battlefront much at all :cry: :cry: and I don't even HAVE BF2 yet!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

But enough Skywalker-ish whining! I've come here with a proposal for all who are interested. (I know that there are a few of you)

I'd like to propose that we here at Gametoast form an alliance for playing Jedi Academy. I know it's an old game, but there's still a hardy core of people still playing and modding for it. (If you're interested and don't have the game, you can get it from WalMart for $10)

I'm especially interested in the possibility of getting a group together to play in MB2 mod matches against other groups.

I would appriciate it if this post were stickied for a while so I could see what we could do to arrange things!

Thanks
Joe-B-Wan
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

I'd like to join! I have the game and the mod!
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

I have the game, though unistalled at the moment. If there's enough interest, I'm there.
WHITE_RAVEN

Post by WHITE_RAVEN »

Heck yea! sign me up! SWBF and Academy are almost all I play anymore. It would be awesome because it seems like Academy clans are thinning out.
Delta_57_Dash
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Delta_57_Dash »

ya man sign me up too!! I am just aching for a chance to get out of RA.... Turns out wasn't as hot a clan as I looked like from outside.
Trans

Post by Trans »

if there are enough people that are going to do it I might even end up buying the game
Joe-B-Wan

Post by Joe-B-Wan »

Wow! This is pretty encouraging. I'm glad you guys are interested. JK:JA and Rep Commando are two games I'm very intersted in, and it soumds like a bunch of people here are too. (Yeah, OK! Of course I'm drooling over BF2 also!)

I wonder how open Guru would be to allowing some of these games to be at home here at Gametoast too?

Anyway, Thanks again guys! And let's keep expressing interest here and don't forget to take the poll!!!

EDIT:

OK, I just registered as a member at MovieBattles.com as Joe-B-Wan.
I've seen Delta57Dash is there too.
If anybody else is there, let us know your handle. (hopefully the same as here at GT)
WHITE_RAVEN

Post by WHITE_RAVEN »

Just registered as WHITE_RAVEN at MBII

Hey Joe and Dash, when do ya'll normally play on MBII?
Delta_57_Dash
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Delta_57_Dash »

Idk, but on exiles server most of the time.
Joe-B-Wan

Post by Joe-B-Wan »

WHITE_RAVEN wrote:Just registered as WHITE_RAVEN at MBII

Hey Joe and Dash, when do ya'll normally play on MBII?
I actually don't have the mod yet. I'm on dial-up and I've got a buddy who's going to DL it for me. 195mb would take me 8-10 hrs and I've tried to get it at night but I can't keep my connection live long enough.

I will be getting it soon though, probably this weekend.
I'll look forward to finding you guys when I do get all set up. I'm hoping to get broadband after Christmas, so things will go smoother then. I hope we can get several people from here into it. That would be so 8) 8) 8) .
Joe-B-Wan

Post by Joe-B-Wan »

Teancum from XWingAlliance thread:
Ya, it's like playing Jedi Knight. You'd need to hook up with guys from xwaupgrade.com and put them in your messenger.

BTW, if you want to play Jedi Knight online (since I'm thinking about it), hook up with folks from http://www.massassi.net
Just in case anyone want's to check it out!
WHITE_RAVEN

Post by WHITE_RAVEN »

Oops... well, thanks for pointing the site and mod out for us. I already downloaded it this afternon and was playing it just an hour or two ago. And its pretty sweet. Too many people trying to use the same servers though; I was spectating a game for 20 minutes before it finally allowed me to play, then died 5 seconds later when lag hit me and I got hit by like one blaster shot... annoying but still cool. I recommend anyone who loves academy to doenload it. Plus, it does not overwrite the regular mp or sp directory, so you can still play the sp(single player game), though affter a couple times it gets repetative.
Joe-B-Wan

Post by Joe-B-Wan »

Glad to hear you like it, WHITE_RAVEN. I had my buddy download it for me and I hope to try it out myself soon.

As for the overly full servers, if we can get a few people interested we could host our own game and have it passworded so it's by invite only. We could also work together in organized matches against other groups. We'll have to see how things work out, I guess.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm looking too get broadband in the next few weeks, so I'll keep track of everybody who expresses interest on this thread.
darthtyren
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: RotS [Media section for details]
Games I'm Playing :: Lego Harry Potter

Re: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Post by darthtyren »

I would love to join as soon as I get Jedi Academy, but there is something else I was going to do first, which was make a Clone Wars mod for Jedi Academy. If you want to join that, go to the appropriate thread.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Re: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Post by Teancum »

Holy cow. What's with users bumping four-year-old threads lately???

*LOCKED*