Jedi Knight Modding

General and modding discussion for Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy

Moderator: Moderators

JAWSFreelao
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Band
Games I'm Playing :: Halo
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Jedi Knight Modding

Post by JAWSFreelao »

What's up guys. Just got out Jedi Knight Jedi Academy, and I was wondering if anybody was up to starting a project? Since the source code was released, I was thinking new models, new missions, etc. Butanyway, I was wondering if anybody wanted to just start with making a few skins? (Captain Rex Phase 2, Cad Bane)
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Jedi Knight Modding

Post by minilogoguy18 »

I'm a long time and currently active JA modder, I lurk here and was once a SWBF2 modder but you won't find anyone active here really in terms of JA modding.

http://jkhub.org/index

There is the motherload of JA modding and knowledge. I also have tutorials there as well and can pretty much tell you anything you need to know about getting models and animations into the game as well as some general knowledge in other areas like technical things about the game.

Currently though a new render engine is being implemented into OpenJK (OpenJK is the new engine) so visuals are being enhanced greatly. Since you also mentioned, the source is released and before you ask yes, anything is possible, it's a great time for the Jedi Knight series.