Editing class names for Team Fortress 2!

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

Zero-berg
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Editing class names for Team Fortress 2!

Post by Zero-berg »

Hi guys, I know this might not be new to some of you but just for those who don't want to use GCFscape to get the text file,I'll upload it here.
Once you have this text file, You can actually rename all you want.But be warned! When Team Fortress 2 gets patched,the file will be deleted,so make a backup of the edited txt file.Also, I am not responsible for any damage done to your Team Fortress 2 installation.
Okay,now down to the editing part, open up the text file, When you see this part:
Hidden/Spoiler:
// Classes
"TF_Scout" "SCOUT"
"TF_Sniper" "SNIPER"
"TF_Soldier" "SOLDIER"
"TF_Demoman" "DEMOMAN"
"TF_Medic" "MEDIC"
"TF_HWGuy" "HEAVY"
"TF_Pyro" "PYRO"
"TF_Spy" "SPY"
"TF_Engineer" "ENGINEER"

"TF_Class_Name_Undefined" " "
"TF_Class_Name_Scout" "Scout"
"TF_Class_Name_Sniper" "Sniper"
"TF_Class_Name_Soldier" "Soldier"
"TF_Class_Name_Demoman" "Demoman"
"TF_Class_Name_Medic" "Medic"
"TF_Class_Name_HWGuy" "Heavy"
"TF_Class_Name_Pyro" "Pyro"
"TF_Class_Name_Spy" "Spy"
"TF_Class_Name_Engineer" "Engineer"
This is the part where you can edit the character names, please name the classes in both List with "TF_Class_Name_Undefined" and the list with "TF_Scout"...This is because,if one of them is not edited,the edited name will only show up on either the scoreboard or just the loadout stuff..Next,after you are happy with the names, place the edited text file into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\your username\team fortress 2\tf\resource
I'll post another time if anyone wants to change other text like the team names or Dominating or the sentry's name
So, Enjoy!