Clone Wars Mod Project [working title]

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

Gen.Kenobi
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Clone Wars Mod Project [working title]

Post by Gen.Kenobi »

Since the new episodes of Star Wars The Clone Wars is becomming a sucess, i'd like to create a Source mod for it. With all of the good that Source Engine can handle to the High quality models from the Clone Wars Series (beign remodeled by us: current team, me and another guy on Moddb know as gpm)

He also made already 2 expetional guns:
DC-17 Commando Pistol

DC-17 Hand Blaster:

But we need: mappers, source codders (experienced), another modelers, and voice actors since we're aiming to recerate the entire Star Wars world on a new imersive gameplay, merging RPG and FPS and a little of Star Wars Battlefront.

To apply. please PM me, Gen.Kenobi, with this form:

Full Name:
Nick Name:
Skill(what you want to do):
Country(for timezones purpose):
Picture of your work (you do not have to have one if you are a coder):

Thanks,

-Gen.Kenobi
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Clone Wars Mod Project [working title]

Post by Maveritchell »

Aren't you also trying to "lead" another project? Neither of these has more than just scratched the surface; you're in over your head.
Gen.Kenobi
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Gen.Kenobi »

Is there a probleman with it?
I did not know that this site limits numbers of "scratched the surface" project....sorry.

If you do not want to help, why try to stop it?

[Please stay on topic]
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Gen.Kenobi wrote:If you do not want to help, why try to stop it?
It's not about me, it's about you. I sincerely doubt you'll ever finish either one of your projects you're trying to set up - they are too ambitious, you're not contributing a lot personally; you're just basically biding your time hoping someone with a little more gumption joins on. Stop thinking so big - you're welcome to, of course. However, if you don't concentrate on something a little more within your reach, you're just going to frustrate yourself and never get anything done. Try a map, or concentrate on your modeling so that you're producing more than a single model every once in a while without a texture.

You never get really big projects done without commitment, and you won't get commitment from someone else without showing it (and not just talking about it) yourself.
Gen.Kenobi
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Gen.Kenobi »

Okay, thx for the tip. But i'll keep goign with both.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Since you're obviously not going to listen to just one admin...

Here's the thing: We want mods to be successful, but we also know what that takes. A few renders of an untextured mediocre gun model is like drawing a picture of Wolverine and then saying "Okay, let's make this a movie. I'll need actors, camera men, a director, a producer, CGI guys, set designers, costume crew, gaffers, stuntmen and a sound designer... Oh, and a personal assistant to get me donuts while I watch you all do this for me." What incentive does someone with any talent have to work with you? What are YOU doing to show them this mod is worth joining??? Big mods get big because a few guys/gals show off real progress, not just a few measly gun models that aren't even textured and have waaaay to many polys. The admins have well over 15+ years combined experience in modding. We're not trying to break your spirit. We're trying to be realistic.

If you still want to continue your mod I suggest posting it on some Source forums. You're definitely not going to find the 10+ people with the talent and time (probably 2-3 years worth of work) to help you here.

Sorry, our decision is final.
*LOCKED*