Steam's Refund Policy

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Steam's Refund Policy

Post by Nova Hawk »

I just recently bought the entire Jedi Knight Collection off Steam and I'm not really liking any of the games so I was wondering what Steam's return policy was and if I could send it back to them. I heard you would have to contact the publisher of the game (in this case, LucasArts) and settle the issue with them but then I heard another person saying that you can't return a game after you bought it, period. So is there a way I can get a refund on it or not?
Ping
Sith
Sith

Re: Steam's Refund Policy

Post by Ping »

I doubt you can get a refund on it, as I've never heard of anyone ever returning games on Steam, though I'm not 100% sure.

Off-topic:

You have to be the only person I know of who doesn't like the Jedi Knight series. Why don't you like it?
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Eh, I just prefer the Force Unleashed over Jedi Knight...
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

steam doesnt give refunds for anything.

jk series = watch stories make slight suggestions on story that plays out, not for the a.d.d

fu series = mash buttons and pray, made for a.d.d.

I prefer massive online star wars but yea , no refunds.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

I think they do no refunds because you can't send a game back, and you could simply back up the files onto another hard drive and then return the game for a refund and still have it.
DarthHamster
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DarthHamster »

[color=#FFBF00]STEAM™ SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT[/color] wrote:ALL STEAM FEES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Well, I guess that clears things up pretty nicely. Now it looks like I'll have to live the game though... thanks anyways guys.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Nova Hawk wrote:Eh, I just prefer the Force Unleashed over Jedi Knight...
Try playing Jedi Knight with more the mindset of playing a Legend of Zelda game. Think more strategically than "OMG MASH WOMBO COMBO FTW."
It requires more using observations and the environment to advance to the next task rather than using observations and the environment to kill everything standing in your way. Definately Star Wars Legend of Zelda.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Nova Hawk wrote:Eh, I just prefer the Force Unleashed over Jedi Knight...
Try playing Jedi Knight with more the mindset of playing a Legend of Zelda game. Think more strategically than "OMG MASH WOMBO COMBO FTW."
It requires more using observations and the environment to advance to the next task rather than using observations and the environment to kill everything standing in your way. Definately Star Wars Legend of Zelda.
QFT. What I don't like about most games made in this day and age is that most of them don't require, oh, I don't know, THINKING. Nobody these days seems to think figuring out things makes games fun. One of the reasons why I've bought the Sherlock Holmes games - it makes you really use your brain.

Edit: I also forgot to mention, if Dark Forces is in that package, you'll feel really great when you kill a giant lizard with your bare hands. :P