Modmaps on CoD4 Steamversion?

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Something cool...
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CoDBO BFBC2
xbox live or psn: Has no xbox....Yup

Modmaps on CoD4 Steamversion?

Post by Darth_Spiderpig »

Firstly, I am not sure if this is in the right place, so Mods 'n admins, feel free to move this topic.

Well, I've purchased Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare offa Steam because of The STar Wars Mod called Star Wars: Galactic Warfare.

After downlaoding and folowing install instructions, the mod shows up under Multiplayer, but I can't play on the mp map mp_tatooine.
What I want to say is, after launching the mod, everything works, except finding any server playing mp_tatooine (the map) nor can I create a server...

So I clicked on map tap in the server browser to *SWM*blabla, I thought this means serevrs with this mod, but none of them has a server with mp_tatooine running...so, just bad luck for me finding one, wrong install or can't the Steam version play custom maps?
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Re: Modmaps on CoD4 Steamversion?

Post by ANDEWEGET »

On the blackmonkeys(right?) homepage you can find IPs of a few servers running the SW mod. Never searched for one in the server list though.
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Space - Boarding Action
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Modmaps on CoD4 Steamversion?

Post by MercuryNoodles »

There are two or three servers that I know of running the mod. Check your server filters to be sure you enabled it to search for servers running mods. Starting the game with the mod doesn't have any bearing on finding a MP game with the mod. I can't speak for the server creation being a problem, though.