New Guy to TF2 Universe

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

New Guy to TF2 Universe

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

So I just bought TF2 today (thank you for the topic on Orange Box, Ping, it convinced me, lol) and I've been playing around in single player a bit before I had to go to work. I'm gonna go try out multiplayer right now, but do you guys have any pointers for the newbies? I feel like I'm late to a party and I don't want to just sit in the corner and attempt to enjoy myself.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Re: New Guy to TF2 Universe

Post by Moving_Target »

Singleplayer? What? You mean the tutorials?

Umm...learn engie spots and lay outs of the maps.

Be prepared to die alot and most by wtf bs ways. Spies will be a pain.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Moving_Target wrote:Singleplayer? What? You mean the tutorials?
He is probably talking about the new Offline Practice mode.

As for pointers... just keep playing and you will get better at it.

Oh, and don't forget to spy-check, i.e. shoot all of your team-mates a lot, this is the only way to know that they aren't enemy spies in disguise, just waiting to backstab you when you aren't paying attention; the spawn room is safe from spies, though, so you don't have to shoot people inside it.

As an Engineer, try to keep a close look at your buildings all the time, specially your sentry; a friendly Pyro is your best friend, he can use his Homewrecker (the big hammer) to help you remove sappers from your buildings and do the spy-checking for you.

As a medic, do not deploy an Ubercharge until it is absolutely necessary, save it for the last second; the Heavy weapons guy is slow, has the largest ammount of HP in the game, and is easy to keep track of, try to stay with him.
myers73
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by myers73 »

snipers do best if you make sure the other team has bigger problems to worry about, follow some heavies at a safe distance. Also, the longer you scope the more damage you do, at a full charge you will one-shot most enemies w/out a head shot, although if you can aim fast head shots are easy in TF2
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

There are various sites and tutorial-videos about TF2 on the web:
Mostly Spy Videos(3 Tutos somewhere)
How To Play TF2
TF2-Wiki

Just google or ask specific questions here(weve got a few experienced players here).