Backing Up.

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

Lozza
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Games I'm Playing :: STALKER - TDU2

Backing Up.

Post by Lozza »

I got a steam question... (can't be bothered using the steam forums no body replies).

What happens if you backup a downloaded steam game? Doesn't it ask you for your key code when you run the backup? When you buy something you don't get a code...
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Re: Backing Up.

Post by Fingerfood »

I've personally never used backups, but from what I can tell, it simply compresses all of the specific games files so as to be easier to transfer or store, and then I assume it asks for what file to uncompress when trying to restore a backed up game.

In my opinion the whole feature isn't really needed that much, as unless you're impatient or transferring a game to a location either with very slow internet or none at all you can easily redownload the game.

Also, the Steam forums are way more lively than here, at least if you're posting in the right spot. If you're posting off in the Battlefront forum for instance you'd be better off posting here.
(And yes, it is merely coincidence and luck that I'm replying so quickly.)
Lozza
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Games I'm Playing :: STALKER - TDU2

Re: Backing Up.

Post by Lozza »

Alright, the only reason why I want to back up is because I wasted my internet balance on downloading left 4 dead 2. Its better if I make an image file instead.