TF2 Halloween Update

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

TF2 Halloween Update

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Put this in a new topic just because every major tf2 update got a new one.

http://www.teamfortress.com/screamfortress/

Quite awsome, played ca 2-3 hours on the new manor map which especially looks awsome(gameplay would not be special fun without the Horseless Headless Horsemann :D). If you hit him once with a melee attack and then survive until hes dead you get a achievement, a new pumpkin hat and unusual scrap metal(you can use it to craft his axe by combining it with a scullcutter and 2 refined).

Another nice addition is the random drop of gifts on the map, every gift contains a class mask(a bag for each class) and a corresponding class item(found the med bag and a kritzkrieg, can anyone confirm this?). If you have all nine bags and craft them you get a Saxton Hale bag/mask which will boost your damage to infinity..and beyond! ...(holidays are near)

There are a couple of new hats in the mann co store, too, including a frankenstein hat for the heavy, a scull hat, and a knife-in-your-head-hat.

I shouldnt have waisted all these words on this post I still got to write an essay for tomorrow...

Sooo, flame wars anyone?
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Re: TF2 Halloween Update

Post by RED51 »

Dang, I Really need to finish installing TF2...
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

I thought the Unusual Scrap Metal was a rare drop. Rumors say that to earn it, you must kill the Horseless Headless Horsemann with a melee weapon when he's in a weak state (some say he shivers when he is weak).

His axe is pretty sweet, I really want one of those; maybe if get lucky I will be able to kill him with my mighty mackerel. :P Either that or I will get completely owned.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

OUt of curiousity (and concern for the amount of free time I'll actually have to accomplish these achievements), is it possible to do this by yourself? As in, start up your own passworded server and hack at the headless horsemann until he dies?
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:OUt of curiousity (and concern for the amount of free time I'll actually have to accomplish these achievements), is it possible to do this by yourself? As in, start up your own passworded server and hack at the headless horsemann until he dies?
[color=#4080FF][u]TF2 Wiki[/u][/color] wrote:The Horseless Headless Horsemann has a base health of 3000, increasing by 200 per player in the server, making his maximum possible health a massive 7800 (24-player server) or an even higher 9400 (32-player server). The horseman spawns every 8 minutes (plus or minus 1 minute). He will not spawn if there are under 10 players in the server (meaning the minimum health would be 5000).
I guess not, even if you did manage to get 10 people to join, it would be hard... dude's so tough that you've got to backstab him at least FIVE times.
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Nihillo wrote:I thought the Unusual Scrap Metal was a rare drop. Rumors say that to earn it, you must kill the Horseless Headless Horsemann with a melee weapon when he's in a weak state (some say he shivers when he is weak).
You dont actually have to kill him using a melee weapon, you just have to hit him once(with a melee weapon) and then survive until he dies. The unusual metal drops when you get the achievement.

Maybe you can do this by adding 10 bots to your server, but i dunno if they count as players.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

ANDEWEGET wrote:You dont actually have to kill him using a melee weapon, you just have to hit him once(with a melee weapon) and then survive until he dies. The unusual metal drops when you get the achievement.
Well I just got the metal a couple hours ago, I beat the living crap out of HHH with my Eyelander while a Scout marked as "IT" ran away. It isn't necessary to kill HHH with a melee weapon, yes that's true, but it's kinda hard to know what you're doing amidst his rampage, so I find it easier to just keep hitting him with the largest melee weapon available until he drops dead... uh... again.

As for the halloween gifts, here's a tip: look for them in high, out of the way places, they normally spawn on the second floor of most structures scattered across the map, sometimes they will spawn in the ground level, but most of the time you will have to go up higher.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Well, Vavle re-updated, and now you cant get the metal unless you kill the Horseless Headless Horsemann with a melee, you won't get the achievement. That's right. No more hit him once, then survive...

Crap...

So now idk how to get it besides being lucky...
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Meh, I only play TF2 when I'm bored. I'll probably end up just letting this go by.
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Post by Delta 47 »

I love the new update, pretty fun. But, I haven't been able to play it much cause my graphics keep getting messed up though... :( Oh well, it lasts til November 8th and by that time hopefully, I can get things working right again.