"Give and Get" (Black Friday) Sale

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

"Give and Get" (Black Friday) Sale

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

I guess their Black Friday sale started right now. Goes from today til the 29th.
Every day they're going to have new deals for both purchasing for yourself and for others. For example one of the giving deals today is you can buy 10 copies of Half Life 2 for $20. But you have to give them as gifts. Quite honestly, it's a neat idea, but I doubt many people are going to take advantage of it. I'm just looking forward to the daily deals. Debating getting Prototype and/or Counterstrike: Source today.

Also, make sure your wishlist has at least 5 games in it. While it's unlikely it'll be you, every day they're picking 30 people to win the top 5 games in their respective wishlists.
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Re: "Give and Get" (Black Friday) Sale

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Do you have to give them all as gifts or can you take one for your own? I couldnt find any info on this...
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

I read it as "if you buy the pack they all go into your 'Gifts and Guest Passes' pool." Which makes more sense, because you can buy Deus Ex GotY 8-pack for $12 or the Deus Ex GotY is on sale individually for $2.50. If you could keep one for yourself, no one would buy the single pack for $2.50.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

... I need more friends.

I don't even have anyone to give gifts to.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Oh, and if anyone just gives to the people on the GT list, don't bother giving anything to me, I don't use steam anymore.
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

I'd like to mention that you need 10 games on your wishlist, and the top 5 would be chosen.

Also, I'm really considering buying the HL2 pack, just for the lulz.
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:I read it as "if you buy the pack they all go into your 'Gifts and Guest Passes' pool." Which makes more sense, because you can buy Deus Ex GotY 8-pack for $12 or the Deus Ex GotY is on sale individually for $2.50. If you could keep one for yourself, no one would buy the single pack for $2.50.
Isnt that what they want? If there are 5 people downloading a paid game or some source mods is the same to them, so it actually is better for them if you could keep one for yourself and then buy the more expensive version...

I was thinking of buying one pack too but none of the current packs did interest me...