Treasure Hunt on Steam/TF2 Beta

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Treasure Hunt on Steam/TF2 Beta

Post by ANDEWEGET »

From Dec 6th - Dec 19th its Treasure Hunt time on Steam. Every 48 hours Steam will give away 5 games to 20 players. Those 20 players are selected from a pot you get into(up to 4 times) by completing achievements(which to 75% consist of ingame achievements). One of the achievements seems to always be something about your steam account(6-7: set up an avatar;8-9: have 10 or more steam friends). You get discounts on games which you "need" for the achievements. If youve completed 10 or more achievements and logged on into your steam account on Dec 20th you will be put into the pot for the Grand Price(100 Games each for 3 players).

And all who have TF 2 can now download the TF2 Beta. Valve will make different major changes to gameplay and test it in the Beta(like doubling player health etc; right now there are just a few different versions of Natasha and some map changes I think). Item drops are disabled but you can still gain weapons by completing achievements(you have to begin from scratch) and you get some predefined weapons on the first startup. Crafting is enabled, dunno about trading. Its really refreshing that all those binded trading messages are gone now. The game feels much cleaner somehow...
I suppose there will be some sort of beta tester badge when the beta ends/after some time.
Lozza
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Games I'm Playing :: STALKER - TDU2

Re: Treasure Hunt on Steam/TF2 Beta

Post by Lozza »

Theres no way I'll be able to achieve some of their challenges.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Re: Treasure Hunt on Steam/TF2 Beta

Post by GangsterJawa »

Yeah; you'd practically have to be loaded (which I'm not by any means) to be able to complete them, regardless of sales.