Team Fortress 2 = Free

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Re: Team Fortress 2 = Free

Post by Grev »

Nihillo wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:Heavy beat you to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbNwvQXkYrY
That was amazing.

I'm up for playing in a GT server, I'll probably have massive lag issues, but whatever, let's do it.
I've seen this. Valve and the entire TF2 community have done a fantastic job marketing this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH4D7Uod4Cg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apf1Ki49SNk
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Ah, bummer, I didn't realize just how low on disk space I was (I run all my games on a partition on my Macbook). I'll have to uninstall a few other games if I ever want to install TF2.
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

Ohh, I thought this was just a free weekend, that's why I wasn't getting it. But it's actually free to play. Okay cool, I'll get it.
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Conveniently, I was just about to buy Team Fortress 2. Oh, how I love free games. I got Portal when it was free, too.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

I tried it. Kinda interesting.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

kinetosimpetus wrote:I tried it. Kinda interesting.
Clearly, you have not discovered the whole new world which awaits you that is hats.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

GangsterJawa wrote:
Clearly, you have not discovered the whole new world which awaits you that is hats.

If SWBF2 had hats just like in TF2, I would like it less. I dont play team shooters for apparel.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
GangsterJawa wrote:

If SWBF2 had hats just like in TF2, I would like it less. I dont play team shooters for apparel.
It was a zhoooooooooooooke.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

GangsterJawa wrote:
THEWULFMAN wrote:
GangsterJawa wrote:

It was a zhoooooooooooooke.

I figured as much, I saw your comments about hats. I just wanted to get my 1.5 cents in. Why 1.5 and not 2 you ask? Well, American money is worth less in this economy...
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
GangsterJawa wrote:

IMO, hats are just something to do when you want to get rid of your excess weapons. Rather than just throwing them all away, make it fun. Give the community something to do. Because once you've crafted all the weapons (or bought. Yay for supporting Valve), there's nothing else you can really do with your 12 Scottish Resistances.

Also,
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="THEWULFMAN"]Why 1.5 and not 2 you ask? Well, American money is worth less in this economy...[/quote]
Lame joke was lame =p
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Ah, the smell of hat science. I love doing hat science. Random hat science to be exact. Normally I give the hat to a friend, or rescience with it. But the thrill of saving up for it and getting something random and hoping for a good cool hat is pretty fun experience.

Any able to guess what my first hat was?
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith

Post by GangsterJawa »

Moving_Target wrote:Ah, the smell of hat science. I love doing hat science. Random hat science to be exact. Normally I give the hat to a friend, or rescience with it. But the thrill of saving up for it and getting something random and hoping for a good cool hat is pretty fun experience.

A crossover item from another game? I know that was mine. In fact that's all of mine, except for the Proof of Purchase. My favorite is the Sorceror's Cowl for the Demoman. Mainly that's because Magicka is one of my favorite games right now.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

I caved and bought a Familiar Fez when it was on sale because I love the way you Eternal Reward Spy plays. So that was my first non-free hat (my very first would have been the alien swarm bugger thingy, followed closely by the Ghastly Gibus), but the first one I crafted was the Noble Amassment of Hats. I was kinda proud of that.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

GangsterJawa wrote:
Moving_Target wrote:Ah, the smell of hat science. I love doing hat science. Random hat science to be exact. Normally I give the hat to a friend, or rescience with it. But the thrill of saving up for it and getting something random and hoping for a good cool hat is pretty fun experience.

A crossover item from another game? I know that was mine. In fact that's all of mine, except for the Proof of Purchase. My favorite is the Sorceror's Cowl for the Demoman. Mainly that's because Magicka is one of my favorite games right now.
Nope. Mine was a crafted class one. Ended up with Hatless Scoot. God I was so pissed. All my friends were around me when I was loading up the 4 refined and the class token. All chanting Hatless Scoot. Hatless Scoot. Then he face appeared.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith

Post by GangsterJawa »

Me and Twilight just had fun screwing around and losing (At least I was) before I lost the connection. I also crafted my first weapon; and I gave up the Huntsman for it so it better be good.

It was the Sydney Sleeper. the whole Jarate on hit thing is cool. I just have to un-learn aiming above peoples heads for hits.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

The Sydney Sleeper is good if you really suck at properly aiming at people in this game, which would be the case for me, so yeah, it's the Sniper Rifle I use the most. :P

Oh, and word of advice: only use spare weapons in crafting, you'll find out that it may be difficult to acquire another one. Sometimes you'll get lucky (unlucky?) and find three of the same weapons in a row, sometimes it may take months; it took me around 5 months to find a second Eyelander, and I still need a third one to craft my Half-Zatoichi.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Crafting karma screws you over like none other. Just the other day, I crafted the Conniver's Kunai using my hard-earned scrap metal and a spare eternal reward. My very next drop? The Conniver's Kunai. Allofmyrage....
AND THEN, I got like 4 Bushwackas in a row (which is the one sniper polycount item that I needed... about 3 months ago when I traded SOOOO much for one). It was ridiculous.

Anyway, yeah, always craft with spare items. You never know when you're going to get that item back.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Haha funny how it works. The only advantage now, is that your name is on the weapon.

I have one friend whose laptop died and hasn't been on steam since last summer, so I've been idling his account and shipping over this items. Don't know how you guys feel about idling.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith

Post by GangsterJawa »

I love hopping on the idle/achievement servers.

The most points I have in one life is as an Engy with 83. Idle camping ftw. I just recently got the Wrangler and Frontier Justice too, so being an Engy just got a lot more fun.

And haha about the crafting: yeah I figured thats the way it was, but as much fun as the Huntsman is, it's not too useful against decent players because they'll just move out of the way before it hits them.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

The huntsman is more the up-close-and-personal sniper weapon. The distance where they CAN'T get out of the way in time. Because if you charge in with your sniper rifle, unstopped you're only doing about 50 damage. The huntsman can pull off around 100