TF2 turns 15 today!

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

TF2 turns 15 today!

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=6128
This morning Robin Walker threw a birthday party and nobody came. Before you start feeling sorry for him, though, keep in mind he didn't actually invite anybody. He just keeps emailing the TF team pictures of himself in his backyard - jumping around in an inflatable jungle gym he rented, forcing a hired clown to make him balloon animals, and unwrapping gifts he bought himself.

Robin's increasingly sad collection of birthday pictures reminded us that Team Fortress turns fifteen today. To celebrate, we've decided to throw a party ourselves. And unlike Robin, we're inviting everybody. For the next 24 hours, anybody who plays TF2 is going to get:

A free party hat!
A free noisemaker that will have unlimited uses on Team Fortress's birthday and can only be used each year on that day!
Free cake and gifts (in the form of remodeled health kits and ammo packs)!
You'll also see the return of the best stuff from previous TF birthday celebrations, including:

The Team Fortress Birthday Beach Ball!
The Celebration Gib, which causes gibbed players to explode in a shower of balloons and confetti!
We've got the balloons, we've got the presents, we've got the birthday cake. All we're missing is you. (And Robin. Judging from these pictures he's not coming back to work any time soon. The last one had him watching a magic show while riding a donkey wearing a little sombrero. No idea who's taking all these pictures. Possibly the clown.)
So go play.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Re: TF2 turns 15 today!

Post by Grev »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=6128
This morning Robin Walker threw a birthday party and nobody came. Before you start feeling sorry for him, though, keep in mind he didn't actually invite anybody. He just keeps emailing the TF team pictures of himself in his backyard - jumping around in an inflatable jungle gym he rented, forcing a hired clown to make him balloon animals, and unwrapping gifts he bought himself.

Robin's increasingly sad collection of birthday pictures reminded us that Team Fortress turns fifteen today. To celebrate, we've decided to throw a party ourselves. And unlike Robin, we're inviting everybody. For the next 24 hours, anybody who plays TF2 is going to get:

A free party hat!
A free noisemaker that will have unlimited uses on Team Fortress's birthday and can only be used each year on that day!
Free cake and gifts (in the form of remodeled health kits and ammo packs)!
You'll also see the return of the best stuff from previous TF birthday celebrations, including:

The Team Fortress Birthday Beach Ball!
The Celebration Gib, which causes gibbed players to explode in a shower of balloons and confetti!
We've got the balloons, we've got the presents, we've got the birthday cake. All we're missing is you. (And Robin. Judging from these pictures he's not coming back to work any time soon. The last one had him watching a magic show while riding a donkey wearing a little sombrero. No idea who's taking all these pictures. Possibly the clown.)
So go play.
I got that all yesterday at night. I thought it was because valve knew my birthday was in August. :(
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Oh ya, TF2 is 15. Haha. Ya, logged in and got my stuff. Fun fun fun.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Team Fortress 2 is 15 years old? That would mean it was released in 1996...yeah, it looks way too good for that to be even remotely possible. The first Team Fortress may have been released that year, but no way was its successor.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

I'm guessing you don't know the development history of the game.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Team Fortress 1 came out in 1996, Team Fortress 2 came out in 2007.

Fun Fact, Team Fortress 1 was a mod of the game Quake.

Another fun fact, Quake sounds like Cake. :runaway:
Last edited by THEWULFMAN on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Aaaaaand I missed it.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Moving_Target wrote:I'm guessing you don't know the development history of the game.
I'm guessing the thread's title is incorrect. And no, I obviously do not.
Last edited by Marth8880 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Marth8880 wrote:
Moving_Target wrote:I'm guessing you don't know the development history of the game.
I'm guessing the thread's title is incorrect.
Wow. Way to be anal about it.

I COULD go into a lengthy argument about how we might consider each preceding year to be part of the development of TF2, but really everyone else here got the message, so why bother?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Marth8880 wrote:
Allow me to make this nice and crystal clear: When people blatantly and especially publicly point out erroneous values or statements of mine when I do not ask for correction or opinion, I get very annoyed; it is, by far, my largest pet peeve.
Twilight_Warrior wrote:I COULD go into a lengthy argument about how we might consider each preceding year to be part of the development of TF2, but really everyone else here got the message, so why bother?
And by tossing this in you make me look like a complete fool for not thoroughly understanding the history of the game's development through and through.

Seriously? Is it that difficult to kindly correct my knowledge of a video game?

Thank you for making me look like an idiot.
Last edited by Marth8880 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Marth8880 wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Marth8880 wrote:
Allow me to make this nice and crystal clear: When people blatantly and especially publicly point out erroneous values or statements of mine when I do not ask for correction or opinion, I get very enraged; it is, by far, my largest pet peeve.
Twilight_Warrior wrote:I COULD go into a lengthy argument about how we might consider each preceding year to be part of the development of TF2, but really everyone else here got the message, so why bother?
And by tossing this in you make me look like a complete fool for not thoroughly understanding the history of the game's development through and through.

Seriously? Is it that difficult to kindly correct my knowledge of a video game?

Thank you for making me look like an idiot.
Dear Marth. I would like to kindly, yet unfortunately publicly, point out how right you are. Those fiends, those ruffians! They'd like nothing more than to make you look like a grade-A buffoon! Where are their manners?

I jest, of course, but the meaning stays the same. Nobody had the intention to make you look like a fool. And besides, Wulfman already pointed out the developmental timeline of the team fortress franchise, so you already know what's up. No reason for anyone, and I don't just mean you, to get fussy over an error here or a misunderstanding there.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Grev wrote:Dear Marth. I would like to kindly, yet unfortunately publicly, point out how right you are. Those fiends, those ruffians! They'd like nothing more than to make you look like a grade-A buffoon! Where are their manners?
I enjoy you. :funny2:
Grev wrote:I jest, of course, but the meaning stays the same. Nobody had the intention to make you look like a fool.
Which is exactly why people need to watch what they say.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Marth8880 wrote:
Grev wrote:Dear Marth. I would like to kindly, yet unfortunately publicly, point out how right you are. Those fiends, those ruffians! They'd like nothing more than to make you look like a grade-A buffoon! Where are their manners?
I enjoy you. :funny2:
Grev wrote:I jest, of course, but the meaning stays the same. Nobody had the intention to make you look like a fool.
Which is exactly why people need to watch what they say.
As a member of the third party, what I'm trying to say is that they neither intended for you to look like a buffoon, nor would they have succeeded had their intentions been less than noble. Intonation is hard to express via text- nobody meant harm, not is any perceived harm actually legit.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Grev wrote:As a member of the third party, what I'm trying to say is that they neither intended for you to look like a buffoon, nor would they have succeeded had their intentions been less than noble. Intonation is hard to express via text- nobody meant harm, not is any perceived harm actually legit.
Probably.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Grev wrote:Intonation is hard to express via text- nobody meant harm, not is any perceived harm actually legit.
All I can say is this and that. My query wasn't to insult your intelligence.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Moving_Target wrote:My query wasn't to insult your intelligence.
Probably. All is good then. 8)