TF2 update....

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

Ping
Sith
Sith

TF2 update....

Post by Ping »

So, has anyone noticed the new TF2 update they just implemented? I kind of like the fact you can now have 4 different item loadouts, as I was just thinking how convenient it would be if we could have multiple loadout options, and not have to change weapons almost every time. :wink:
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: TF2 update....

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

They also made the bots (especially spy bots) a lot smarter, it looks like.

I'm also a fan of the "try-before-you-buy" deal. I will admit, I've purchased TF2 weapons in the past, even though all of them are available for free. But with so many new weapons, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that I'm going to be able to get them all, or at least the ones I want to play with, in a decent amount of time.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:They also made the bots (especially spy bots) a lot smarter, it looks like.

I'm also a fan of the "try-before-you-buy" deal. I will admit, I've purchased TF2 weapons in the past, even though all of them are available for free. But with so many new weapons, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in Diet Dr. Pepper that I'm going to be able to get them all, or at least the ones I want to play with, in a decent amount of time.
Meh, just play the game for at least an hour every day, and the items you get that you don't need use in crafting. Hats, however, are a different story. Out of all the hats in the game, I've only got one that wasn't from some event or gift.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Ping wrote:Meh, just play the game for at least an hour every day, and the items you get that you don't need use in crafting.
I've only got about an hour of gaming time a day (on average), so if TF2 was the ONLY game I ever wanted to play, ever, then sure.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Post by yuke5 »

TF2 is a great game if you just don't get too into it. I play, and I don't craft whatsoever. However, sometime I magically pick up items and get crafted items for free. Yipee! Seriously though, it's a pretty fun game, especially since it's free.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

More importantly now is the 3rd annual confirmed Halloween update. I really do hope it's like scary. Rumor mill is that it's about pyro, pyro devil, etc and being a build up for Meet the Pyro. And yes, pyro can still be a girl. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Moving_Target wrote:Diet Dr. Pepper has no fury like a woman scorched.
Fixed
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

You can see the Pyro emblem on its sleeve, and besides it does kinda look like the Pyro. It may be just a new hat+misc item for him/her/it though.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

I do agree it looks like pyro and he could have some changes to him since he's demonic. Guess in like 2ish days we'll find out.

Started playing Mann Manor again. I love fighting HHH, but boy does it annoy me that I'm always like 2nd to last to hit him and kill him and not get that usual metal.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Sometimes it just takes a while for the unusual metal to appear, I remember that it only showed up in my backpack after I disconnected from the server and was about to leave. Dunno why that happens, just... keep trying, you will get it... eventually. :P
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Finally killed him. Got a picture for proof.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DashCarCra ... tab=public

Now to wait for my metal.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

I lol'd at the username before yours. "The entire nation of Kenya has slain the HHH"
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Haha that was a good one. Some people are pretty creative.

Also found out it needs to be a melee hit. That I did not do.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Killed the HHH and got his head. Couldn't quite get a melee hit on him, mostly because I was surrounded by people on the opposing team. :P
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Hint: when the HHH is weakened, he staggers for a second and starts holding his axe with only his right hand, it's probably a good idea to shoot him with ranged weapons until he assumes this stance, then enter melee range and hope for the best.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

I've come so close so many times today. Erks me. Just got to keep trying.

People are talking more and more Raid mode will be in this update.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Waitwaitwait... it's the same stuff from last year? Because I already have my HHHH axe... In fact, the only thing I don't have from Halloween stuff is an achievement (kill someone who was scared by a ghost on Harvest or something)
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Sort of, the Halloween content from previous years is now enabled, meaning that this is your chance to get anything that you missed before. However, new content will be coming up this week, probably on thursday, Valve always makes their big, game-changing updates on thursdays.
Moving_Target wrote:People are talking more and more Raid mode will be in this update.
Really? I'm pretty sure Robin said something about a new mode back in 2010. Well, whatever it is, I'll be glad if it actually happens, I've been dying to play a new game-mode.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

How do you find the HHH?
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

@kinetosimpetus: Horseless Headless guy is found only on Mann Manor.

@Nihilio: Wow back in 2010? Well it's about time.

@Twillight: Right now, like Nihilio said, it's just last years and this week will be new stuff.