Mount & Blade: Warband

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by RevanSithLord »

Sometime this next weekend, a friend of mine is getting me plus him M&B: Warband (hopefully if things go according to plan). Since he told me that a couple days ago, I have since been watching more M&B: Warband related videos on YouTube and the multiplayer just absolutely looks awesome. While it's not the prettiest game in the universe, it sure is entertaining, but since when is graphics suppose to be the only thing that matters, eh? I mean, I still play the original Operation Flashpoint (renamed to ArmA: Cold War Assault. Yes, I know mentioning games completely unrelated to the topic) game/simulator and that was from 2001! Heck I even have games from the early 90's! .....anyways, I have the original M&B, so I know how roughly the series is played, so it should feel very familiar. I was just sad I didn't have M&B Warband because M&B (original) didn't have multiplayer and you know how fun it is to play with friends.

I have to ask: who here plays M&B Warband? Also, those here who do not have me on Steam, I could post my community page link perhaps sometime tomorrow.

I'm fairly decent with M&B singleplayer in general, but multiplayer, as always when it comes to games, is usually another ballpark all together. Hopefully I can become a veteran on MP in no time! To me, fun with friends (and the community as a whole) is the key, not necessarily 'pwnage'. :)

Oh, did I mention apparently the M&B series is extremely moddable?

Here's a Wikipedia article about the series: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

A group of my friends used to play the Star Wars mod for M&B:W, but I, myself, never got into the game.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Huh. Thought they only did it for the original M&B (the latest version for it which I have), unless they got a Warband version from their forums. Ah, man, that would be fun. All the blaster fire flying everywhere, actual hordes of men charging at each other with vibroswords...that's just awesome to imagine for MP.

By the way: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DarthAvarus/home

Edit - I got my copy of Warband in. If anyone here still plays Warband, let me know. I kind of....suck, but then again it's pretty awkward to get use to.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

RevanSithLord wrote:Huh. Thought they only did it for the original M&B (the latest version for it which I have), unless they got a Warband version from their forums. Ah, man, that would be fun. All the blaster fire flying everywhere, actual hordes of men charging at each other with vibroswords...that's just awesome to imagine for MP.

Edit - I got my copy of Warband in. If anyone here still plays Warband, let me know. I kind of....suck, but then again it's pretty awkward to get use to.
Don't fear, you are not alone in your suckage, and I've had it for about a year. Multiplayer is fun but everyone is better than me. :(
KeivanMereel
Private Recruit

Post by KeivanMereel »

I've played M&B since the alpha, modded quite a bit too, but have only done the online once or twice. Downloading custom mods for singleplayer is where that game excels.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

GangsterJawa wrote:
RevanSithLord wrote:Huh. Thought they only did it for the original M&B (the latest version for it which I have), unless they got a Warband version from their forums. Ah, man, that would be fun. All the blaster fire flying everywhere, actual hordes of men charging at each other with vibroswords...that's just awesome to imagine for MP.

Don't fear, you are not alone in your suckage, and I've had it for about a year. Multiplayer is fun but everyone is better than me. :(
I finally managed to get better, well, okay I got a lucky day a few days ago, but yeah. Got a few funny kills. I'm so glad my friend gifted me this game.
KeivanMereel wrote:I've played M&B since the alpha, modded quite a bit too, but have only done the online once or twice. Downloading custom mods for singleplayer is where that game excels.
Indeed. I agree. Though if you find the right kind of servers, multiplayer can be quite awesome. Shield battles are fun.