Battlefront Zero's Status (Main info topic!!)

Discuss the new Battlefront Zer0 mod.

Moderator: Moderators

B.I.G_Cookie
High General
High General
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 4

Re: Battlefront Zero's Status (Main info topic!!)

Post by B.I.G_Cookie »

MandeRek wrote: We'll release an upcoming version, just everything, not a patch, with most bugs fixed and some added content. Then we'll work for a long time again, and release v2.0, then we release a fixed version sometime after that. Then, we might do a 3.0, then 3.2 etc.

The assets will be released when i think i'll stop BF0, so after a ?.2 release at least. As for now, we're going for 1.2, 2.0 and 2.2 at least.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by MandeRek »

Dear friends,

It's been a while since I posted anything related to Battlefront Zero, and that's because I was busy. Although I made updates, I didn't feel the urge of really updating this forum-branche and I'm really sad about it being almost dead. Till now, it still seems I stay the only one working on this actively most of the time, a lot of members have joined, left, or became inactive. There will be another BF0 release, but I really need to be realistic after that, and check if I can do another release.

There have been several great things going on, here on GT. A whole new generation of skinners with Clone templates and whatever make the most awesome skins, all dirty, and very realistic. Before anyone starts asking, my skins stay clean, since one of my main goals was always to keep the BF2 feeling --in some sort of way-- and changing all the skins I've made so far would be a lot of work, and as said, I just lack the time for it.

Then there's been some sort of revolution by DEV, kin and D.U.C.K. concerning Clone models. You can't think of all possibilities they've given us modders, with scopes, without scopes, with kama, with scopes and kama, without scopes, with kama, and added backpack :runaway: Great work guys! :thumbs: I do want to say about those models, concerning BF0, that most won't be used, as I'm trying to keep this simple. I'm almost using all stock models for the Republic, only some are changed. The Republic is also done, so till I add another legion (and Special class) I won't need any special modifications --before anyone asks again why I don't use those models.

Then there's the main status, I've updated the first post of this topic. AQT finished my map, it turned out wonderfull, kudos to him :bowdown: I've also done a lot of bugfixing, on advice of Mav', just playing every single mode in every single era, and fix al small bugs. I'm almost done with that. Some bugs I fixed are for example:

-Fix muzzles
-Fix the Ventress model (she's not fat anymore)
-Fix a lot of localisations
-Make all Force Powers, also from stock heroes, mine
-Create a new map (Dantooine) completely myself, Campaign only
-Fix icons and first person views
-Fix different team setups on different worlds
-Improve and 'specialize' different weapons, like Durge's blaster, the DC-15 Carbine etc.
-Added new semi-hero on Kashyyyk (Karniss)
-Give the Special Droid classes an advanced Rifle

Anyhow, in the future, I'll keep continuing this till 3.0 is fully done. Then I'ld love to see more positive replies than when the last release was there, and I'll decide for myself if I keep continuing this, or maybe something else, or nothing at all!

Thanks for your attention!

-BF0 Team, aka MandeRek
Blade117
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by Blade117 »

Any 3.0 ETA?
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

Oh noes, did I really come over like I was inactive?

Sorry Manderek, for me not sending you the update logs I said I would. I'm indeed still working on this, it's just that I can find very little time (at home, at my own computer, not school computers on which I can only practise skinning) to mod. I'd just like to let you know that I'm indeed still working on Tatooine, though I don't think I have enough progres to show. Saleucami is turning out to be a very big pain (with all those symmetrically placed palmtrees and such) and making barriers around those. I do try to work it every now and then, but it's just, once again, that I have very little time to work on it consecutively for more than half an hour. There's also that may/may not map I talked to you about, though I also think I didn't make considerable progress on that as well.

Just to let you know, I'm still very much concerned about BF0. When I sent you that large PM with what I had planned, I didn't think in advance far enough (I thought I would have the time to properly work on the idea more) but it turned out differently. I also noticed that I had talked ahead of myself and I'm sorry about that as well.
I hope (and almost certainly know) that I will have more time when christmas vacation comes 'round and I hope to book considerable progress in that period for you.
If you have any more maps that you want more barrier detail on, please let me know so that I can set up a proper "to do" list.
Hidden/Spoiler:
En is het goed gelukt met je eigen nieuwe map? Ik typ nu Nederlands omdat ik weet dat er niet veel zijn die dit kunnen lezen :P
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

Glad to know you're alive :P For now Saleucami is highest barrier-priority, I hope Skyhammer finishes the Mygeeto map he was working on, and yes, my map turned out quite great! Not one of the best maps, but the atmosphere is OK and the script will give you 10/15 minutes of fun :P

Speak to you soon, I guess we can really use christmas holidays!
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Blade117 wrote:Any 3.0 ETA?
Estimated time of release? When it's done.

Glad to see some progress being made.
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by RogueKnight »

MandeRek wrote:Dear friends,

It's been a while since I posted anything related to Battlefront Zero, and that's because I was busy. Although I made updates, I didn't feel the urge of really updating this forum-branche and I'm really sad about it being almost dead. Till now, it still seems I stay the only one working on this actively most of the time, a lot of members have joined, left, or became inactive. There will be another BF0 release, but I really need to be realistic after that, and check if I can do another release.
If you need some replacement team members, I'll gladly volunteer my time, it would be a honour to work on a project as amazing as this.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="MandeRek"]There have been several great things going on, here on GT. A whole new generation of skinners with Clone templates and whatever make the most awesome skins, all dirty, and very realistic. Before anyone starts asking, my skins stay clean, since one of my main goals was always to keep the BF2 feeling --in some sort of way-- and changing all the skins I've made so far would be a lot of work, and as said, I just lack the time for it.

Then there's been some sort of revolution by DEV, kin and D.U.C.K. concerning Clone models. You can't think of all possibilities they've given us modders, with scopes, without scopes, with kama, with scopes and kama, without scopes, with kama, and added backpack :runaway: Great work guys! :thumbs: I do want to say about those models, concerning BF0, that most won't be used, as I'm trying to keep this simple. I'm almost using all stock models for the Republic, only some are changed. The Republic is also done, so till I add another legion (and Special class) I won't need any special modifications --before anyone asks again why I don't use those models.[/color][/quote]
You shouldn't be worried about keeping "up to date" with Clone skins and models, your creations are detailed and very well done in their own right, you have more than proven it yourself that you are doing your best to keep a high standard of quality for your mod; so keep it BFII-ish, do your thing, we are very thankful for your efforts, I for one wouldn't like Battlefront Zero in any other way.

Thank you for not giving up on the mod.
Blade117 wrote:Any 3.0 ETA?
I would like to politely suggest that you stop asking that question, many of the modders around the internet are displeased to hear it time and time again, some don't mind, but many do.
I understand that you mean no offense -afterall, you are just asking- but it's not very respectful with the modder; it's like as if you were cooking a meal with great care and attention, and someone kept asking "is it done yet?" every five minutes or so.

Edit: I gotta stop comparing stuff to food. :P
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

DarthRogueKnight wrote:
MandeRek wrote:Dear friends,

If you need some replacement team members, I'll gladly volunteer my time, it would be a honour to work on a project as amazing as this.
Ditto