Battlefront Zero; Finished map's trailers

Discuss the new Battlefront Zer0 mod.

Moderator: Moderators

modman222
Private Third Class

Re: Battlefront Zero; Finished map's trailers

Post by modman222 »

Maybe you should make a F.A.Q. thread and stick it or at least a unit list/whose going on what plant thread and stick it
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by MandeRek »

Every single unit is listed, all sorted on legion, and the cis, heroes and vehicles.

In those you can get more details on the units/vehcs, but in the trailer of the map you can see which legion and CIS units play there. In TMG Trailer you can immedialely see it's the 187th, and in the end, i slowly scroll through the CIS units..

Info enough i think :)
ARC_Trooper_phi658
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by ARC_Trooper_phi658 »

MandeRek, I have a question. In the Mos Gamos trailer, Sev'rance Tann speaks. Is this actually in the game? If so, did you use a voice actress?
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Good question. Sev'rance Tann and Echuu Shen Jon (the Rep hero on TMG) have both new sounds. Sev'rance for spawning, killingspree and dying, and Echuu Shen Jon for spawning and some forceiswithmespeech for both dying and killingspree.

I found these sounds on an official website, where they were free to download, and no single copyright was noted with it.

I thought I would be allowed to use them :) I now also have a voice-actor, I'll keep him secret, but he'll be doing loads of new sounds for most (male) heroes, and I'll ask my girlfriend if she wants to contribute with her voice too :P
(RAPTOR)BENSTWO{SGT}
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by (RAPTOR)BENSTWO{SGT} »

Nice video. :thumbs: Love the electric droid. :faint:
ARC_Trooper_phi658
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by ARC_Trooper_phi658 »

wow, MandeRek, I knew this mod was going to be cool, but voice acting is completely unexpected!

You guys just thought of everything!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Why try to indeed.. We're definitely not the best ones here, but we just work hard and see where we can improve our things.. Then you come at a stage where you say, this is fine.. At that stage, you don't care about the community having suggestions, since you worked on it very hard.. I have that too when someone comments on a model of mine.. A legion, okay.. But my models :P

Thanks for all kind comments, i've been working on the Crab Droid and Dwarfey last 2 weeks now, hope to have at least the animated part done today (haven't even started yet with moddeling ^^)
modman222
Private Third Class

Post by modman222 »

cool, how's everything else?
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

I finished some kotor work.. I'm now gonna envelope the Dwarf Spider to my new skel and make the Crab, but before the crab I'll finish Durge and Muun buildings. This will cost me a week, after that i'll start on my new vehicles, especially walkers, and i hope to make a map after that. The new heroes like Plo and Bulq need to wait for now, I've got more important things. The VO will be added when i receive the files.

Small negative point: A5-R Juggernaut is scrapped, look at TMG trailer, his texture won't show up and i don't have the sources because the crash.. Meaning i'm kinda screwed. So no A5-R, but he will be replaced with something else, I'm sure off.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Okay, sorry for double post..

Updated first post with old trailer of MHA, won't make a new one though.. Check it out
NullCommando
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: NullCommando

Post by NullCommando »

I'm in love with Mygeeto! lol Amazing work guys, can't wait to see more!
modman222
Private Third Class

Post by modman222 »

I thought you said you were making a new one(the mygeeto trailer)
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Yeah i know, but since the Tri Droid bug hasn't been fixed yet because of alack of time, i just decided to upload this one and make the Jabiim trailer, which needs loads of work..
MasterSkywalker
Major
Major

Post by MasterSkywalker »

Mygeeto looks good, but Mos Gamos is just plain ugly. I can understand you lost the source files, but c'mon! Why release an unfinished map? :S

It hasn't got any lightning, bad ground texturing, WAY too many open spaces (assuming what I've seen from the trailer) and it's just unappealing to look at. Better restart the map all over again..?
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

MasterSkywalker wrote:Mygeeto looks good, but Mos Gamos is just plain ugly. I can understand you lost the source files, but c'mon! Why release an unfinished map? :S

It hasn't got any lightning, bad ground texturing, WAY too many open spaces (assuming what I've seen from the trailer) and it's just unappealing to look at. Better restart the map all over again..?
:eek:

O..kay.. Everyone can have it's opinion i guess :)

Lightning is indeed a problem, I'm doing everything in my might to add it.. Then, there's the open spaces. Before you think, it's NOT a city. Also, is Geonosis filled with props? This really adds to the gameplay it has now, plus it has loads of turrets, and not speaking of the sides and vehicles. Those things might not be seen in the trailer, but they're there..

It's okay to show your opinion, i appreciate it, but I won't remove it.. Just don't play it when downloading this I guess ;)
MasterSkywalker
Major
Major

Post by MasterSkywalker »

MandeRek wrote:
MasterSkywalker wrote:Mygeeto looks good, but Mos Gamos is just plain ugly. I can understand you lost the source files, but c'mon! Why release an unfinished map? :S

Lightning is indeed a problem, I'm doing everything in my might to add it.. Then, there's the open spaces. Before you think, it's NOT a city. Also, is Geonosis filled with props? This really adds to the gameplay it has now, plus it has loads of turrets, and not speaking of the sides and vehicles. Those things might not be seen in the trailer, but they're there..

It's okay to show your opinion, i appreciate it, but I won't remove it.. Just don't play it when downloading this I guess ;)
Well, I don't want to offend you, but that was ment to help you. It's called constructive critisism (although I admit that post wasn't too constructive).

Now, I don't really think that saying: "If you don't like it, then don't play it" is really gonna help your quality standard. It's your decision, but this is ment to help you, not to work against you.
tylerman29
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: LoL SWBFII

Post by tylerman29 »

I will definently be playing it.... nice work :thumbs:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

MasterSkywalker wrote:
MandeRek wrote:

Well, I don't want to offend you, but that was ment to help you. It's called constructive critisism (although I admit that post wasn't too constructive).

Now, I don't really think that saying: "If you don't like it, then don't play it" is really gonna help your quality standard. It's your decision, but this is ment to help you, not to work against you.
I know I know xP

I didn't mean it that way, I meant some like maps more than others, and some like certain maps more than other maps. So the point.. We have still got the other maps :)

Also, I think Rep found a way to add another layer to a map, from outside. This means light. I can't do anything about the objects, but it think they are great as they are :]
Thanks for your critism, just didnt see that coming since most like this at least a bit xD
wazmol
High General
High General
Projects :: Thinking...
Games I'm Playing :: Black Ops

Post by wazmol »

MasterSkywalker wrote:
MandeRek wrote:

Actually u did sound horrible. Dont do that again.
Jediguy
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by Jediguy »

I think both these maps look great. The highlight of Mos Gamos has to be the characters, especially Sev'Rance Tann :) You even included her voice from SWGB (in the trailer at least). The other characters, like the Grapple Droid and 187th Legion :clone: , look great too. My only question is Echuu in the map too? I certainly hope so. While I did notice that the ground looked a bit.. off, there were plenty of objects as far as I could tell, and te map looked good overall. Can't wait for the release! (And it's good to know I'm not the only guy who plays SWGB on this site.) :P