Moderator: Moderators

Challenger33
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront Zero -Glamour Shots

Post by Challenger33 »

Yeah, a Senate Guard and a "Red Guard". And then the capeless ones.
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Space - Boarding Action

Post by MercuryNoodles »

If I'm reading that right, you're not making more than one Blue Guard? Having two types of Blue Guard is where it would make sense, as the Blue Guard have a different helm with it's own variations.
Challenger33
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Challenger33 »

Here are some of the guards I will be making:

Red Royal Guard, or "Red Guard" (as in my avatar)
Capeless "Red Guard"
Blue Royal Guard, or "Senate Guard"
Capeless "Senate Guard"

So I'll need the standard mask from the Red Guard and use an addon mesh for the headpiece on the top of the mask of the Senate Guard.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

Challenger33 wrote:Here are some of the guards I will be making:

Red Royal Guard, or "Red Guard" (as in my avatar)
Capeless "Red Guard"
Blue Royal Guard, or "Senate Guard"
Capeless "Senate Guard"

So I'll need the standard mask from the Red Guard and use an addon mesh for the headpiece on the top of the mask of the Senate Guard.
Actually i don't agree: you could better make an addon helmet for the senate, since the helmet was different anyway!
breakdown
Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by breakdown »

Ummm well...good effort on the maps I must say that, some models look nice, but those maps look really bland..just flat plains with chunky objects placed randomly everywhere..the heroes look OK

Just my two cents..though I don't play SWBF2, just number one
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

breakdown wrote:Ummm well...good effort on the maps I must say that, some models look nice, but those maps look really bland..just flat plains with chunky objects placed randomly everywhere..the heroes look OK

Just my two cents..though I don't play SWBF2, just number one
So you don't play swbf2.. hmm.. okay..

Anyhow, welcome to GT! :D

Second, those maps were bland ;) You're probably talking about Boz Pity? Objects enough for a battle.. Other maps have objects all over the world.. So i, personally, don't see your point, but maybe that's because I'm the only one who has seen all those maps completely? :quotes:
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Actually, I see what hes talking about. One of the stunning examples is Jabiim. The map itself looks well off, but the lack of atmosphere (in this case lighting) dulls it down and makes it less appealing.
wazmol
High General
High General
Projects :: Thinking...
Games I'm Playing :: Black Ops

Post by wazmol »

Grev wrote:Actually, I see what hes talking about. One of the stunning examples is Jabiim. The map itself looks well off, but the lack of atmosphere (in this case lighting) dulls it down and makes it less appealing.
Its supposed to be dull.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Grev wrote:Actually, I see what hes talking about. One of the stunning examples is Jabiim. The map itself looks well off, but the lack of atmosphere (in this case lighting) dulls it down and makes it less appealing.
My fault: i NEVER play with lighting on :P Especially the old loading screens/picture have no lighting on. In the new ones (f.e. Muun) i put lighting on, and then a pic, all in the same ESC :P

Just all wait with commenting before playing, ESPECIALLY on the maps..
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

wazmol wrote:
Its supposed to be dull.
The maps are supposed to me dull? That's news to me. And there are lots of way to make it looks "dull", but with interesting lighting.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Grev wrote:
wazmol wrote:
Its supposed to be dull.
The maps are supposed to me dull? That's news to me. And there are lots of way to make it looks "dull", but with interesting lighting.
I don't think he meant dull as in boring. I think it's more along the lines of "dreary," or something like that.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Eggman wrote:
Grev wrote:
wazmol wrote:
Its supposed to be dull.
I don't think he meant dull as in boring. I think it's more along the lines of "dreary," or something like that.
I understand. I was just playin' with that part. :P But dreary really can be aquired with good lighting, or perhaps some dampening/ fog .fx.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Grev wrote:I understand. I was just playin' with that part. But dreary really can be aquired with good lighting, or perhaps some dampening/ fog .fx.
Yes, probably, but as said before, the oldest map lost assets, and so we can't fix it, unless you have a way of bringing light in a world through a script.

Secondly, as i said:
MandeRek wrote:Just all wait with commenting before playing, ESPECIALLY on the maps..
I donnot mean with this you should shut up :P I just mean: so far 6 dudes has played, in this case, Jabiim, and although there was no lighting, the comments were really good, just because of the units, heroes and gameplay. Plus there are new objects as well!

So.. to stop this discussion i hope:

No, there is no lighting. BUT so far everyone playing this map thinks it's fun
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

I don't mind Boz Pity being dreary. I mean, it's a graveyard world, isn't it?
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Ping wrote:I don't mind Boz Pity being dreary. I mean, it's a graveyard world, isn't it?
Boz Pity does have lighting though :P
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

MandeRek wrote:Yes, probably, but as said before, the oldest map lost assets, and so we can't fix it, unless you have a way of bringing light in a world through a script.
If you still know thew names of the layers you called in the original map, you can just create a new map made of only a lighting layer and load all the other layers through its Lua script. This may require some annoying guessing and checking, but it'll work.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Frisbeetarian wrote:
MandeRek wrote:Yes, probably, but as said before, the oldest map lost assets, and so we can't fix it, unless you have a way of bringing light in a world through a script.
If you still know thew names of the layers you called in the original map, you can just create a new map made of only a lighting layer and load all the other layers through its Lua script. This may require some annoying guessing and checking, but it'll work.
Tried it already; almost impossible.. It must be possible, yes, but it was too buggy for me!
RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by RepSharpshooter »

Well if you have the Luas, then make a new layer in a default map and put a directional light in it. Save and munge, then mappack it in your addon folder and read the new layer in your LUA along with the layer from your old map. If it goes well, it should load your map and slap a light on top from the default map's layer.

I remember zerted doing something of the sort, I think it's worth a try.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

RepSharpshooter wrote:Well if you have the Luas, then make a new layer in a default map and put a directional light in it. Save and munge, then mappack it in your addon folder and read the new layer in your LUA along with the layer from your old map. If it goes well, it should load your map and slap a light on top from the default map's layer.

I remember zerted doing something of the sort, I think it's worth a try.
I tried exactly what you said! Didn't work.. Why? The base layer also showed up. Now I'll try again with a space map, no cps, no objects, and lighting
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Sorry to get a little off topic, but when you guys get the whole thing finished, will there be a separate topic with the link and different screenshots?