Moderator: Moderators

MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Space - Boarding Action
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Space: Centax-2

Post by MercuryNoodles »

This thread is here so any questions, comments, etc, can be dealt with here, rather than the screenshot thread. :P If a mod wants to merge those posts from that thread with this, feel free. Thanks.

So far, this is the tentative name for the map that for months has had no name. For now, it's CW Assault only.

Remember, this is very early on in the map's development, so: 1) Sides are still being thought out. 2) New models are in progress. 3) If it looks wrong, it may not stay that way. 4) I'm a slow worker, for many reasons. Feel free to comment or remind me something is off, but keep those things in mind.

If you haven't seen the screenshot thread:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Edit:

Just to cover a few ideas I have currently:

- There's a possible new model for the bomber, courtesy of Manderek.

- The V-wing is probably going to be the interceptor, with the grey look as it seems to be in the ending sequence of RotS.

- Life Support may wind up removed as an external system.

- I'm working on a new model, or two. If it works out as planned, I'll probably model a new set of halls (maybe some rooms, and maybe a surprise or two) for this. It won't be perfect, but I'm paying attention to detail where I can.

- Frigates will probably be animated..at least, I'll give it a shot.
Last edited by MercuryNoodles on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
(RAPTOR)BENSTWO{SGT}
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Re: Space: Centax-2

Post by (RAPTOR)BENSTWO{SGT} »

Looks like the capital ships have new better-looking textures. :P
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MercuryNoodles »

I only touched the Venator, and those were all very simple edits, plus one accident. :D I take some pride in what I've been able to do with this ship, even though it's not nearly perfect.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

Very nice, as said before.. Bomber will be done, you decide if to use it ;)
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

It's a shame that the life support is there. That's the only thing I don't like about this model.

Great model, thou!!
(RAPTOR)BENSTWO{SGT}
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by (RAPTOR)BENSTWO{SGT} »

What other cool features are there to this map? Fighters, Turrets, Characters, Weapons ect.... :)
Darth_Maleval
Private

Post by Darth_Maleval »

My only suggestion (other than the ones I just posted in the Alpha glamour shots thread) is that you reskin the front end of the bridge to have windows on it.
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MercuryNoodles »

The life support issue is so simple that it's just a matter of removing the model and taking it out of the lua.

Features are being sort of made up as I go along. :P It's a boarding map, and if I can make some decent models, I may be able to make some turret rooms like in RotS, though they wouldn't be visible outside unless I make a new Venator, too. The Theta shuttle might make an appearance. Beyond that, I'm still thinking it all through.

New destroyed geometry may be doable, depending on how my modeling turns out. If I leave the comms or sensor array as is, I'll probably move them between the Venator's bridge towers. As for the windows, they are there, but the deletion of the alpha channel made the windows lighter, so they appear a little blurred. I'm still trying to think up a solution on that.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

And let's not forget Train made a new venator.. Which is STRONGLY recommened to use Noodles ;)
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MercuryNoodles »

So, it's actually done? :P I'd love to use it, but there's no point when the files are nowhere to be found. Plus, I'll need to redo the reskinning. :P
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Are you gonna have Coruscant somewhere in the background? 'Cuz Centax2 IS one of its moons, right?
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MercuryNoodles »

That's the plan. I'm not sure of exactly how I'm going to pull it off, but I'm going to try to find a way to get it in.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

MercuryNoodles wrote:That's the plan. I'm not sure of exactly how I'm going to pull it off, but I'm going to try to find a way to get it in.
Just use the Yavin (planet) sky object - it's what I did for Space Rakata Prime (since the "planet" you were fighting over was actually a sun):
Hidden/Spoiler:
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Sky_216 »

Off-topic:
Maveritchell wrote:
MercuryNoodles wrote:That's the plan. I'm not sure of exactly how I'm going to pull it off, but I'm going to try to find a way to get it in.
Just use the Yavin (planet) sky object - it's what I did for Space Rakata Prime (since the "planet" you were fighting over was actually a sun):
Hidden/Spoiler:
Thanks a heap Mav, couldn't figure out how to get two planets in a map and make the top one smaller....

On topic: looks good.....I'm assuming its meant to be after CW (right after)?
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MercuryNoodles »

I think my real worry is getting the placement right, since I don't really edit the sky file very often.

I was thinking of going for setting it during the Battle of Coruscant. Since Centax-2 was a major base, I was thinking the Seps would have to send a force to divert elements of the Home Fleet from the real objective, and prevent clone reinforcements from getting to Coruscant.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

MercuryNoodles wrote:I think my real worry is getting the placement right, since I don't really edit the sky file very often.

I was thinking of going for setting it during the Battle of Coruscant. Since Centax-2 was a major base, I was thinking the Seps would have to send a force to divert elements of the Home Fleet from the real objective, and prevent clone reinforcements from getting to Coruscant.
Moving stuff in the sky is pretty much a no-win proposition; the way they're positioned as models determines where they are. Just use the exact lines from the Yavin .sky file and hope for the best.
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MercuryNoodles »

Ah. I was hoping there was a set of parameters I could use to move it around. I see what you mean now, and that's good enough for what I'm doing here.
Super_Clone
High General
High General

Post by Super_Clone »

Might i suggest, if you dont replace the Eta 2 Jedi Starfighter that you reskin it black where the blue once was for it to look like a Sith Starfighter, ill see if i can find info on it, ill edit the post when i do. Edit:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote]The transformation of Galactic Republic into Empire was not as violent or sudden as Anakin Skywalker's rebirth as Darth Vader. Many of the adornments and accessories of the Republic remained largely unchanged, from the uniform ranks of the clone troopers to their arsenal of combat hardware tested on the battlefields of the Clone Wars. When Darth Vader emerged from the Imperial rehabilitation center in a new body, his first conveyance was a modified Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor. Its former name of "Jedi starfighter" woefully outdated, the Dark Lord's new ship was simply dubbed a Sith starfighter. Vader, still possessing Anakin's sharp mechanical skills, saw only the technical shortcomings of the black-hued craft. These limitations were further compounded by the fact that Vader could not comfortably fit into the confines of the cramped cockpit. This caused Vader to demand a craft better suited to his needs, a development program that would eventually produced the TIE Advanced x1.[/quote]
There you go! This hasnt been seen ingame yet and i belive it would be a great addition to BF0, heres a pic too:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[attachment=1]eu_sm.jpg[/attachment]
EDIT: More info:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote]Painted to disappear against the black background of deep space, the color of this Sith starfighter reflected the rage and grief felt by the young Darth Vader. As the reputation of Darth Vader became known across the galaxy, the black silhouette of this ship in a world's sky came to mean one thing—the Emperor's enforcer is here to crush those who would resist him.[/quote]
And Another pic with better details and lighting:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[attachment=0]TACsithfighterboxlt.jpg[/attachment]
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

That looks nice. But I think this mod is based around the Clone Wars series and they don't have that type of version of the Jedi Starfighter in there. At least, not yet at any rate.
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MercuryNoodles »

I think I'll stick to the Imperial stlye V-wing, since it's already underway. Besides, that doesn't fit the time period, since I'm settling on this happening during the Battle of Coruscant.