Discuss the new Battlefront Zer0 mod.

Moderator: Moderators

Commander_Keller
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: ZERO Squad

Post by Commander_Keller »

nice job guys!
i like the idea of putting a clone skin on a dark trooper model. i wish i could hex edit since i have no idea how to get rid of things like e.g. jetpacks.
keep it up zero team!
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by MandeRek »

Updated first post with a bit more info about the different maps. Also added what the protectors are (AI running around the map), the Target (kill him/her and win) and the General (unlockable after 6 points/1 life)
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

You really need to up the length or complexity of these, somewhat. I see that you have unlockable units in there, but honestly, each of these lasts maybe a minute - it's just "survive to find the target" and then "walk backwards and shoot." Maybe if you did something like having the target show up three times interspersed among waves of more-difficult enemies, or the target only shows up after a certain amount of enemy kills, or the target teleports somewhere else after it's taken a certain amount of damage - it's your call, of course, but right now the difficulty level and play-time is at a minimum.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Maveritchell wrote:You really need to up the length or complexity of these, somewhat. I see that you have unlockable units in there, but honestly, each of these lasts maybe a minute - it's just "survive to find the target" and then "walk backwards and shoot." Maybe if you did something like having the target show up three times interspersed among waves of more-difficult enemies, or the target only shows up after a certain amount of enemy kills, or the target teleports somewhere else after it's taken a certain amount of damage - it's your call, of course, but right now the difficulty level and play-time is at a minimum.
Totally true. I tried to add things before, but when I added an Objective of destroying other person, or object, or whatever, it didn't work anymore. Scripting is just too complicated for me I guess..
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Sky_216 »

MandeRek wrote:
Maveritchell wrote:You really need to up the length or complexity of these, somewhat. I see that you have unlockable units in there, but honestly, each of these lasts maybe a minute - it's just "survive to find the target" and then "walk backwards and shoot." Maybe if you did something like having the target show up three times interspersed among waves of more-difficult enemies, or the target only shows up after a certain amount of enemy kills, or the target teleports somewhere else after it's taken a certain amount of damage - it's your call, of course, but right now the difficulty level and play-time is at a minimum.
Totally true. I tried to add things before, but when I added an Objective of destroying other person, or object, or whatever, it didn't work anymore. Scripting is just too complicated for me I guess..

Well Mande, I've made a lot of short campaign/mission/wave things for DS, so if you send me the scripts, a list of side/unit names and what you'd like to happen in each mission I can probably make some more complicated stuff for you.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

While a more challenging and less popular idea, I think giving the target unit infinite stealth would be a nice idea.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Grev wrote:While a more challenging and less popular idea, I think giving the target unit infinite stealth would be a nice idea.
I'm not sure that would be good for every mission, but that could be a great idea for one of the missions - it could be the target's special ability or something like that.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

I took a break into life today, and really did some scripting-experimenting.. It worked out! It actually made sense now! Tantive IV is done, with some simple objectives. First post will be updated with the objectives
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Can't wait to play the new Tantive IV!