Discuss the new Battlefront Zer0 mod.

Moderator: Moderators

MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront Zero - Version 1.9 (Download and Bugs)

Post by MandeRek »

CodaRez wrote:OOO A few wks more to the 2.0, time seems to work for you man :mrgreen:

EDIT: Btw:

KASHYYKK(sp?)

-ATRT mute

-Wookiees mute

-DC15 CArbine reload sound missing

Mos Gamo:

-The ithorian jedi, DOESN'T BREATH LIKE DARTH VADER. lol darth vader breathing sound :vader2: a light sided ithorian jedi LOL doesn't fit..... :funny2: ...... :runaway:

Ithorians seriously don't naturally breath like that if thats what ur aiming for...
He's a heavy breather, and I'll keep the sounds.. hehe.. Besides i lost sources for this so can't even fix it!
Weapon sounds.. working on it!
Broken_box
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Broken_box »

MandeRek wrote: I totally agree that i need to fix those with top-priority.. You fix them by these lines right:
ScoreMe... = 1
..Med........= 1
are we meant to add those in?
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Alright, just played the last few maps.

Mygeeto
I enjoyed this one. No lag, no disappearing objects, nothing like that. The gameplay was solid. I didn't really understand the cp layout. On the map it looks fine, but in reality they're kind of scattered. The one in the middle of the bridge seems kind of unnecessary and could probably be removed. The other neutral cp that the Republic can capture at the beginning of the map is just out of the way. The location would be fine if a smaller bridge connected it to the rest of the battle, maybe 2/3 of the way down the main bridge or to the platform where the CIS cps are. Despite the strange location of a few command posts, the main battle was fun. The small size suits the map well (although I don't know how you're going to cram the tri-droid in there).

Rhen Var
Another fun map. Gameplay was great with the mix of open areas and smaller areas with lots of cover. The only strange thing I noticed in terms of command posts was that the spawn points for the one near the middle of the map seemed kind of scattered around, so I never knew quite where I was going to end up when spawning. There were a few ever-so-slight height differences between some objects, such as the bridge between the outer cps and the main fortress area. It didn't affect the movement of units at all, it just made a slightly visible line between the two objects. Another small detail mapping-wise might be to smooth out the snowdrift areas in the terrain, since they look just a little too jagged.

The only bugs I found were sound-related. Kit Fisto was missing sounds for his lightsaber, and Cydon Prax was missing sounds for his blaster.

Last, the variety of objects out in the plains just looks odd because of the texture differences.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Saleucami
I loved this map. It looks really good and has great gameplay. The only problems I saw were a floating object in one of the snailtank wrecks:
Hidden/Spoiler:
and some missing barriers (or units ignoring barriers):
Hidden/Spoiler:
Other than that, I just have a few suggestions for improvement. First, slow down the smoke plume effect. It looks like it's moving a little too fast in my opinion. Second, raise some objects just slightly so units can fit under them to reach command posts without going around:
Hidden/Spoiler:

Mos Gamos
I found this map to be a little bland. Gameplay is good and the sides are good (although the Republic fightertank is missing its sounds), I just didn't like the map. It seems too open in a lot of areas without much to add interest. I believe you said you lost the files for this map, so I suppose there's not much to do about it, though. This could also be personal preference for what I like in maps - after all, there are some shipped maps that I never play because I don't find them interesting.

Last comment about the mod in general, you should fix up the tips on the loading screen. The grammar in some of them has a few errors or is just strange (for example, referring to droids/vehicles as "him"). Most people probably wouldn't be bothered by it, I'm just a stickler when it comes to grammar. :wink:

So overall, you and everyone else on the team has done a great job. The bugs are either small details on each map or consistent errors throughout the mod you're already trying to fix. Nice work. :thumbs:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks Eggman! You really have a professional view looking at lay-out and gameplay, it's kindoff the thing i lack most :P

Most maps will not be changed in terms of objects, or textures. Mygeeto and Tatooine can, indeed, not be fixed. All other maps are basicly made by other teammembers (RepSharpshooter's Rhen Var, YaNkFaN's Saleucami) If they want to fix the map I'm fine with it, I only fix bugs like missing textures, model impurities etc.

Good to see I got most big bugs covered, now I'm fixing missing sounds and award weapon glitch (the 2 things really bugging me) I hope we can start expanding again! Also, does someone have a review on the sides/heroes? Like, do you like the Force Icons? Do you like the new Force Powers? Is the team setup better this way?

Thanks a lot Eggman, I'll pm you :)
andrija
Private First Class

Post by andrija »

i extract it i merge it i play the gamethen shows some null i press ok then i go in instant action there aren't any maps can you help me
Devastator77
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Location: Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Post by Devastator77 »

Hero Review:
First off, all the models were of high quality and most had good animations and combos.
That being said, I think the force icons made this mod feel more polished, and I suggest making more of them for the other force powers. The heroes and semi-heroes were pretty much balanced out in most maps (except Muunilist, but that's more because of the AT-ATs)

As another bug, whenever I try to play Illum Hero Assault, I get a CTD, and I'm not sure why.

In general, all of the gunner heroes seem balanced, and the icons work as well.
For the Jedi/Sith heroes, I recommend replacing the force push and pull stock icons with custom icons. (the hand with the blue arrow doesn't really fit with the other icons)

Individual Heroes:
Echuu-Shenn: the shield is a little overpowered, but still extremely fun, I think you should add the droideka shield icon in place of the hand with the arrow
Kit Fisto: The Water Orb icon was a nice touch, and worked effectively. Although, as mentioned earlier, his kick is a little weak
Foul: For the Force Stregth icon, just add a stock defense or rage icon instead of that hand w/the arrow. Foul's combos worked perfectly, and the model is excellent.
Roron Corrob: I like the little "twitch" you gave to the model whenever he's standing still, and Force Bellow is awesome, it just should have a new icon. Might I suggest using this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[attachment=0]z.jpg[/attachment]
Also, his Force Wave icon is the hand and arrow, but it should be the same Force Wave icon as Sora Bulq (the one with the cartoon Yoda.)
Agen Kolar: Again, nice model, and Mace's combos fit him well. But he should also have the new force Wave icon (the one with Yoda)
Plo Koon: The BEST model for this mod, tied with Cad Bane. One of the best custom models ever made, his combos, his force powers, and the electric judgement icon were perfect.
Luminara: The animations rock, and the force heal icon does as well.
Trenox: Force inferno should have an icon, just use the fire icon from the B3 Ultradroid.
Artel Darc: Force Scream, lol, now that's one hilariously awesome power!
Sev'rence Tann: Love the model, and force sonic, but the icon is the hand/arrow again.
Sora Bulq: Force Spark was good, nice icon, and it worked well against those poor clone troopers :D And Force Wave had an awesome Yoda icon, which should be added to the other heroes.

These are all mostly ideas, and if you don't like them, then it's ok, it is your project, so do as you wish. Good Luck on fixing the bugs!
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks man, great suggestions! The older heroes (Roron, Foul, Trenox, Tann etc.) can't have new icons because the side got lost in a crash.. I only have the munged level. I'll try to make new icons with some scripting work.. but i encountered a problem. Whenever I add icons to one side, and a req, and use this line in the lua:

SetClassProperty("rep_weap_inf_force_wave", "HUDTag", "hud_wave")

It still doesn't work :? Any script-experts got an idea? Or is the above line correct, but setup wrong?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

MandeRek wrote:Thanks man, great suggestions! The older heroes (Roron, Foul, Trenox, Tann etc.) can't have new icons because the side got lost in a crash.. I only have the munged level. I'll try to make new icons with some scripting work.. but i encountered a problem. Whenever I add icons to one side, and a req, and use this line in the lua:

SetClassProperty("rep_weap_inf_force_wave", "HUDTag", "hud_wave")

It still doesn't work :? Any script-experts got an idea? Or is the above line correct, but setup wrong?
Give them a "different weapon" that is really just the same thing loaded in a different side. Don't try and edit the weapon itself.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

So make a ...force_push2 in another side, but how do i load it? The line is clear (SetClassProperty blablabla), but how do i load this weapon in the lua?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

MandeRek wrote:So make a ...force_push2 in another side, but how do i load it? The line is clear (SetClassProperty blablabla), but how do i load this weapon in the lua?
It has to be loaded through a readdatafile of some kind; weapons can't be loaded as classes (through a .req directly), so you either need to load it through a unit that already uses it or create a dummy unit that has it as one of its weapons.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Maveritchell wrote:
MandeRek wrote:So make a ...force_push2 in another side, but how do i load it? The line is clear (SetClassProperty blablabla), but how do i load this weapon in the lua?
It has to be loaded through a readdatafile of some kind; weapons can't be loaded as classes (through a .req directly), so you either need to load it through a unit that already uses it or create a dummy unit that has it as one of its weapons.
Thanks Mav, trying it now :)
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by RogueKnight »

Am I the only one who noticed that Luminara won't stop swinging her saber?It may be intentional, but its distracting...

Ilum:
Alot of the props inside Ilum randomly disappear for me, and its extremely hard to find my way around in there, maybe a more varied texture, maybe better lighting, idk. The republic troops tend to get stuck outside the entrance to the caves, as was pointed out before, and the CIS seem to get stuck on the way out of the caves in a similar matter. The problem with that is that all the CIS units get stuck there, leaving the CP's undefended and making for a quick battle.

Geonosis:
Seemed too empty, and reminded me of a giant map, where i would walk from the center CP to one of the outer CP's to capture it, meeting barely and resistance, and when 2 deka's rolled up, i found myself instantly gunned down because of lack of cover. Also, it may jsut be me, but reienfocements don't seem to deplete on that map, because, after capturing all but one of the CIS CP's, I found myself at a Rep: 3 CIS: 120 situation reienforcement wise. Playing as the CIS, I found the single Republic CP insanely easy to capture, facing little resistance. My suggestion would be to add four republic CP's, or maybe a few spawnable gunships in the center to make it harder for a CIS victory. Also, adding destructable gates in front of the CIS CP's may provide some resistance against the republic onslaught.

Kashyyyk:
Seemed too dark and large, and for some reason the tree's made my life miserable in terms of sniping. My suggestion would be to add jetpacks to some troops, and maybe make the number of troops larger.

Mullinest(sp):
The Lance trooper's basepose seemed to be frozen, and the ARC commander (forget his name) at the very bottom didn't have an unlock limit, so upon selecting him to spawn the game crashed.

Bugs:
ARC Commander on Mullinest has no unlock limit and crashed upon trying to spawn as him
Lots of props on Ilum disappear or have no collision
I'll post em as i remember em.

EDIT: Phase 1 Clones use a EE-3 instead of a DC-15?

EDIT: Upon further review.... uh... :oops: game didn't crash, i accidentally minimized it. The commander, who's name is fordo, lol, His double pistol animations dont seem to be working correctly, when he shoots, it looks like he's trying to block something.
Last edited by RogueKnight on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devastator77
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Location: Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Post by Devastator77 »

DarthRogueKnight wrote:Am I the only one who noticed that Luminara won't stop swinging her saber?It may be intentional, but its distracting...

Geonosis:
Seemed too empty, and reminded me of a giant map, where i would walk from the center CP to one of the outer CP's to capture it, meeting barely and resistance, and when 2 deka's rolled up, i found myself instantly gunned down because of lack of cover. Also, it may jsut be me, but reienfocements don't seem to deplete on that map, because, after capturing all but one of the CIS CP's, I found myself at a Rep: 3 CIS: 120 situation reienforcement wise. Playing as the CIS, I found the single Republic CP insanely easy to capture, facing little resistance. My suggestion would be to add four republic CP's, or maybe a few spawnable gunships in the center to make it harder for a CIS victory. Also, adding destructable gates in front of the CIS CP's may provide some resistance against the republic onslaught.
She's just one of those "aggressive negotiations" Jedi: Swing first, talk later... :wink:

But those are valid points about Geonosis, especially the destructable gates and 1 or 2 crashed gunship spawn points wouldn't hurt.

EDIT: Just played the game with music off, and I heard Durge speak on Muunilist! The first time I heard it, I wasn't sure where it was coming from...but it's good nonetheless. I know you can't edit your old heroes, but do any of the old or new have custom voices in this version? I know you planned to, and it looks like at least one hero got it.
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

Devastator77 wrote: Luminara: The animations rock, and the force heal icon does as well.
Sev'rence Tann: Love the model, and force sonic, but the icon is the hand/arrow again.
Hehe, force heal icon courtesy of StarWarsGalaxies TCG :mrgreen: isn't it?

Force sonic, isn't that the same as Force scream? so might as well have the same name...

And Durge speaking :shock: LOL are you sure?
Devastator77
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by Devastator77 »

Yes, listen carefully. When you spawn as Durge on Muunilist, he says, :"hahaha Durge is here!" It's a little hard to hear, but focus on the voice.
deltaman
Private Recruit

Post by deltaman »

Alright, there's only a few other things I have to say, other than the bugs already mentioned.
The Bad
1. There was no Tri-Droid on Mygeeto. Are you planning on adding it in 2.0?
2. Muunilist, IMO (and no offense to you or the maker) is not an extremely fun map :( All the action is limited to the bridge, and I got blown to pieces within a matter of seconds. Also, the lance unit (which I thought would be powerful enough to clear a few enemies out and move my way up the battlefield) was incredibly underpowered. Slow, only one weapon, and well, almost useless (it's skin looks great though :thumbs: )
A suggestion would be to spread the battle over a few bridges that are side by side, but this would involve redoing the whole map, and honestly, I don't think it's worth the trouble.
3. Geonosis Arena should probably be shrunken down by, oh i dunno, maybe 25%. The arena in the movie was much more compact, and this seems to be just a bit too large, and action is lacking, especially because the reps only have 1 CP. Also, for a little variation, I think an Acklay spawn every now and then would be sweet, but, once again, it's totally up to you.
4. Ilum Hero Assault crashes when i try to load it.
The Good
1. Great improvement from 1.0... all the bug fixes, the improvements on the maps are all great.
2. IMO, you are probably the best Battlefront II skinner right now... all the skins look amazing.
3. The new force powers and combos with the jedi are astonishing.
Final Notes
This release is sooo much better than 1.0. It is definitely staying in my addon folder :)
If I were you, i would keep Ilum. It is a great map, even with the few collision problems around the crystals and the disappearing objects.
Great job Manderek and the rest of the BF:0 team for churning out this great map pack!
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks all for the reviews.

Again, most maps won't be changed.. Geonosis can't be changed. I can leave it out, if you guys want. The crashing hero assault is a real problem. About the Tri-Droid, i told you before he'll be on another Mygeeto map. This map is too small and has a too unstable terrain for this walker.

And yes.. Durge is speaking. He had a party yesterday and isn't very loud though.. No to be serious, i got all hero sounds ready to be used. But they're not very loud, I'm still trying to find a way to increase the volume, without editing the sound file. Help with this please?

That would mean most heroes have custom-voiceovers in the next release :)

Also, thanks about all your opinions on the maps. Again, I can't really improve these (except Ilum which is Sparky's deal), but new maps will have a public beta, so you can all give your opinion on the map before it's on the big release (=
lucasfart
Sith
Sith

Post by lucasfart »

i know this may sound really stupid but my internet provider blocks megaupload......
would it be possible to put a direct link on this site that doesn't involve mega upload without re-uploading the whole thing??
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

that cant work
you cant put the file on a non-megaupload server without reuploading it
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

Re-upload it in another site would be usefull for me too, i downloaded Mega Menager but it always give to me an error. I still haven't BF0 1.9. :x