Moderator: Moderators

Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Alaris Prime: Colony

Post by Eggman »

Guess who's making maps for BF0 now? :P

I bring you the planet (well, moon) Alaris Prime, as seen in the Clone Wars video game by Pandemic.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Will feature BF0's phase I clones, a variety of droids, and of course, Wookiee locals.
B.I.G_Cookie
High General
High General
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 4

Re: Alaris Prime: Colony

Post by B.I.G_Cookie »

Lol one more awesome map for bf0? :P

Looks great! :)
Just a little bit flat at the moment.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Don't mean to sound mean, but it looks a bit bland so far, nothing compared to your other works. I'd suggest ambience-ing it up a bit.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by MandeRek »

Looks like a great beginning! I'm sure it will turn out great since Eggman is making it, hehe. If you need anything, from new Wookiee houses/bases to vehicles.. Let me know ;)

Great to have you on the team! The era of good maps started with YaNk, and I'm so happy you're in it as well!
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Eggman »

Grev wrote:Don't mean to sound mean, but it looks a bit bland so far, nothing compared to your other works. I'd suggest ambience-ing it up a bit.
No offense taken. It's still in the very early stages, and part of the reason for posting now was to get a bit of feedback on it.

For the flatness, it's probably just an illusion from the angle of the screenshots. The terrain is gently rolling hills, which I suppose could be considered flat, but most of the combat takes place in the village where flat-ness isn't an issue with all the buildings.

The village itself still needs work. I'll be playing around with the size and layout until I find the right match. And of course I'll be adding more props to it, since it's only buildings at the moment.
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

i'd add maybe some rock valley like in Clone Wars where there are spider walkers and etc it looks pretty good at the moment but could use improvement maybe adding some more vertical objects such as rocks and ridges (possibly tat) but overall i like it good work
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Grev wrote:Don't mean to sound mean, but it looks a bit bland so far, nothing compared to your other works. I'd suggest ambience-ing it up a bit.
True, but so far he's nailed what Alaris Prime looks like if you look at it in SW: Clone Wars.
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

I definitely agree however converting a map perfectly from Clone Wars from BF2 will ruin the map for BF2 just because of the gameplay of Clone Wars (mainly vehicle based) in order to make a good conversion you must add detailing that was lacking in Clone Wars in order to make it more SP friendly instead of just vehicle with a little bit of detailing this map could really be a fun map
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Eggman »

YaNkFaN wrote:I definitely agree however converting a map perfectly from Clone Wars from BF2 will ruin the map for BF2 just because of the gameplay of Clone Wars (mainly vehicle based) in order to make a good conversion you must add detailing that was lacking in Clone Wars in order to make it more SP friendly instead of just vehicle with a little bit of detailing this map could really be a fun map
What I'm basically trying to do is keep the look and feel of the Clone Wars version but make the gameplay more suitable to BF2. I have rock cliffs on either side, but I might move those in a bit closer still, and I'm going to make sure I have in plenty of smaller details. So you can run around as a normal unit and not feel as though you're in a vast empty space, but you can also jump in a tank and have room to move around.

EDIT: @Teancum: good to know I'm doing well at recreating the world. I haven't played that game in ages, so my only reference points are fragments of memory and the two or three screenshots I've been able to find. :)
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Wow, another map?? Well, it does look pretty good, but it does look like the one that YankFan is working on for Sky...
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Sky_216 »

Nova Hawk wrote:Wow, another map?? Well, it does look pretty good, but it does look like the one that YankFan is working on for Sky...
Unless there is some map YaNkFaN is making for Sky that Sky hasn't seen then no it doesn't.
B-1Burt
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by B-1Burt »

Heh, I never knew the moon was Alaris Prime, I just knew it as "that moon of Kashyyk." You have the look down, but I think a rock canyon would do nicely. Or maybe a destroyable Harbinger CP vehicle!
Private Second Class

Post by 0001111000 »

if you made the harbinger it would have to have the hanger interiors where the tanks launch out of it.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Eggman »

0001111000 wrote:if you made the harbinger it would have to have the hanger interiors where the tanks launch out of it.
I can tell everyone right now that I'm not making the Harbinger for this.

There's really not a huge amount of work left to do. I just need to add Wookiee locals, work on tiny details to "ambience it up" as Grev put it :) , and incorporate BF0 sides. Not too time-consuming, I just need to find a few free hours to do all that.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

It's nice to hear that it will in fact be "ambienced-up". Seems like a simple enough map, we'll have to see.
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

0001111000 wrote:if you made the harbinger it would have to have the hanger interiors where the tanks launch out of it.
If he wanted something like that, he would just use the C-9979 that's already in the assets (though slightly under scale).