LD Prologue - Golbah: Outskirts

Work-in-progress and discussion for the "Last Days" map pack.

Moderator: Moderators

Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: LD Prologue - Golbah: Outskirts

Post by Anakin »

that's awesome

i like this neon green
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Unlucky13 wrote:Can't wait for release!

Btw, will you make a Geonosian Beam Weapon, like in RC.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Geonosia ... eam_Weapon

That thing would be a beast.

I made the model if he still wants a Beam weapon, just drop me a pm.

Sky_216 wrote:@Wulfman: thanks, and thanks for your own contribution ;)
@Unlucky13: decided against it, beam weapons for infantry are kind-of messy in BF2 and I've got something else that uses beams anyway.....

Update:

Psawgen Assault Craft

(Needed a 'gunship' like aircraft for the geos. Inspired by CIS gunships, horshoe crabs, the letter Omega...)

The 'story' section of the first post mentions Assault Craft. These are them. Big, bad, heavily armed, more effective at attacking ground forces than the standard Geonosian starfighters. Their main weapons are "Splinter Beams", although they can also be outfitted with a variety of powerful bombs.

Chances are you'll learn to hate these things in campaign mode. ;)

They may also make an appearance in TDM mode, in which case they'll be fly-able.
A modified and modernised version will also likely appear in Last Days proper...

Screens:
Hidden/Spoiler:

Awesome cakes. :lol:

Remember what I said about the beam cannon. :wink:
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

That's one amazing assault craft you've created Sky. Just superb :thumbs:
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

I like it better than the stock CIS lander. Great job with it!
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

What, exactly, is the green goo? It's nagging at me for an explanation.

By the way, will the lighting outside be dark? It looks way too bright for nighttime right now. Just my opinion. There is light coming from an undefined source all over the place, not just green from the green goo.
sim-al2
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: Mapping on occasion
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII + MW4 + SC4

Post by sim-al2 »

Eaol wrote:What, exactly, is the green goo? It's nagging at me for an explanation.

Try here and here for a reasonable explanation. :wink:
Eaol
Major
Major

Post by Eaol »

Er...

Let's just say that there are microscopic bioluminescent cells within what is essentially water, which gives the liquid a glow in the dark. They glow and are also photosynthetic, transferring energy taken directly from sunlight via electrical impulses to the branches of an aquatic plant-like colonial organism. The organism reproduces with large pollen pods expelled from organs that grow above the surface of the water. These pollen pods flow with the wind, the planet having a slightly denser atmosphere than Earth does. They have an optical sensor located at the bottom of the pod. The optical sensor uses visible green light emitted from the plant to home in on potential targets. Once the pollen pod homes in on a target, it begins its gentle descent, and dissolves in the water. The organism is then pollinated. Another type of organ that pokes out above the water like a branchless tree then develops seed pods all over it, resembling a woolly coat of dandelions. A gust of wind blows these seedlings far and wide, dropping them into new water sources to grow into new colonies.

idk lol...the other explanation is this:

Plot device.

Occam's Razor states that the simpler theory is usually correct. So which is the simpler theory?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Eaol wrote:Er...

Let's just say that there are microscopic bioluminescent cells within what is essentially water, which gives the liquid a glow in the dark. They glow and are also photosynthetic, transferring energy taken directly from sunlight via electrical impulses to the branches of an aquatic plant-like colonial organism. The organism reproduces with large pollen pods expelled from organs that grow above the surface of the water. These pollen pods flow with the wind, the planet having a slightly denser atmosphere than Earth does. They have an optical sensor located at the bottom of the pod. The optical sensor uses visible green light emitted from the plant to home in on potential targets. Once the pollen pod homes in on a target, it begins its gentle descent, and dissolves in the water. The organism is then pollinated. Another type of organ that pokes out above the water like a branchless tree then develops seed pods all over it, resembling a woolly coat of dandelions. A gust of wind blows these seedlings far and wide, dropping them into new water sources to grow into new colonies.

idk lol...the other explanation is this:

Plot device.

Occam's Razor states that the simpler theory is usually correct. So which is the simpler theory?

From the Glamour Shots thread:
Sky_216 wrote:
Darth_Spiderpig wrote:Looks very cool, what's that green fog though?
Hazardous chemical sludge/fires. Fires in the corridor are from burst containers, in the sludge river are from stuff below the surface melting.
Soooo its radioactive. Therefore light-emitting
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Sky_216 »

Err...well guys, thats some interesting analyses of something thats mainly there for gameplay and looking good.
But my explanation is....
Chemical sludge from the destroyed chemical weapons factories mentioned in the OP, combined with water, fuel, etc. Its not meant to be radioactive either.

Sorry about the lack of updates/release delay guys, but RL (mainly assignments) are making modding time a bit sparse atm. In the mean time, here's a little something...

THEWULFMAN kindly sent me his geonosian beam weapon model, so i messed around with the model/texture a bit, and gave it a weapon (not an actual beam weapon incidentally).....
It's used by the "Elite Captains", who are mini-bosses in camapign mode. Haven't decided whether to make it pick-upable, but it is seriously fun to use....
Hidden/Spoiler:
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

WOW nice weapon
Eaol
Major
Major

Post by Eaol »

So it at least partially consists of radium and copper-doped zinc sulfide. And one of the reasons it is hazardous is because of the possibility of radiation sickness.
The weapons facilities used radium and zinc sulfide? Glow-in-the-dark materials?

lol...anyway.... Nice gun. Don't know exactly what it's shooting, but it looks cool. :P
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Sky_216 »

Eaol wrote:So it at least partially consists of radium and copper-doped zinc sulfide. And one of the reasons it is hazardous is because of the possibility of radiation sickness.
The weapons facilities used radium and zinc sulfide? Glow-in-the-dark materials?

I think you're putting waaaaay to much real world chemistry into this, no its not radioactive. If you want to make up complex explanations by all means do, but keep them to yourself.
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

Eaol wrote:So it at least partially consists of radium and copper-doped zinc sulfide. And one of the reasons it is hazardous is because of the possibility of radiation sickness.

lol...anyway.... Nice gun. Don't know exactly what it's shooting, but it looks cool. :P
sulfide
Grrr...sulphide.... :D
Haven't decided whether to make it pick-upable
Yes. Definately yes. I want that gun. :D
Is there anything appearance wise differentiating the rebels and loyalists?
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Sky_216 »

Rebel warriors have red 'paint' markings (like the one in the previous picture) to distinguish themselves, Royalists don't and include elites (black and yellow armour plates ) and elite captains (red skin, blue and black armour plates).
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

Royalists? There's a Geonosian monarchy? (Unless you're counting that obscene abomination from TCW, something I'd rather purge from my memory)
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

They have a caste system, think of it as the poor working class fighting the rich upper class, who has been bossing them around for generations.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Lagomorphia wrote:Royalists? There's a Geonosian monarchy? (Unless you're counting that obscene abomination from TCW, something I'd rather purge from my memory)

You got a problem with TCW geonosians?

*Pulls out shotgun*

Say it again, didnt quite hear you. :vader2:
Hidden/Spoiler:
dont be so serious folks :roll: this is most likely a joke :P
Eaol
Major
Major

Post by Eaol »

"Most likely"?