Clone Wars Season 3

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Clone Wars Season 3

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Since it was never explained how they can talk in real time across the galaxy. I came up with my own theoretically possible solution, but that's for a different thread. :)
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

1) "Not all real-world signals and the like are limited to the speed of light. false."
Have you ever heard of gravity? Electrodynamic forces? Gravity operates at a speed near infinity on our scale. Planetary systems, barring electrodynamic forces, cannot maintain stability if gravity operated at the speed of light - Earth would be orbiting the spot Sol was in 8 minutes ago, and not the center of gravity. This would cause a torque which would fling the Earth out of the solar system pretty quickly. It is unfortunate that science in the 20th and early 21st centuries has become so dogmatic in replacing observation and scientific experiment with mathematics, conjecture based off of math, and pure assumptions with little evidence to back it up.

The speed of light. Well, light itself is an electromagnetic wave. It is essentially an "electric ripple". It is a wave through the neutrino aether. It exhibits as much "wave-particle duality" as sound waves in air or a ripple in a pool.

The neutrino aether. Neutrinos are composed of subtrons and form electric dipoles in an electric field. Each dipole rotates through 360 degrees per cycle, tying the speed of light in a vacuum to the moment of inertia of the neutrinos.

And when I said "electrical communication", I might have given off the false impression that I was referring to electrical currents. Although electrical currents do occur in space plasma, as is known, the electrical force is what I was referring to. The resonant structure of matter and "spooky action at a distance". Quantum interactions in matter are due to resonant electrical interactions between particles at a speed near infinity, once again to our scale. There is no such thing as disconnecting cause and effect or anything like that.

Anyway, yeah. Protagonists will always prevail (real spooky action at a distance? haha) in fiction. I am perfectly fine leaving this physics discussion as-is. Our walls of text are enough on the subject for now.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Speed of light

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Eaol wrote:1) "Not all real-world signals and the like are limited to the speed of light. false."
Have you ever heard of gravity? Electrodynamic forces? Gravity operates at a speed near infinity on our scale. Planetary systems, barring electrodynamic forces, cannot maintain stability if gravity operated at the speed of light - Earth would be orbiting the spot Sol was in 8 minutes ago, and not the center of gravity. This would cause a torque which would fling the Earth out of the solar system pretty quickly. It is unfortunate that science in the 20th and early 21st centuries has become so dogmatic in replacing observation and scientific experiment with mathematics, conjecture based off of math, and pure assumptions with little evidence to back it up.

The speed of light. Well, light itself is an electromagnetic wave. It is essentially an "electric ripple". It is a wave through the neutrino aether. It exhibits as much "wave-particle duality" as sound waves in air or a ripple in a pool.

The neutrino aether. Neutrinos are composed of subtrons and form electric dipoles in an electric field. Each dipole rotates through 360 degrees per cycle, tying the speed of light in a vacuum to the moment of inertia of the neutrinos.

And when I said "electrical communication", I might have given off the false impression that I was referring to electrical currents. Although electrical currents do occur in space plasma, as is known, the electrical force is what I was referring to. The resonant structure of matter and "spooky action at a distance". Quantum interactions in matter are due to resonant electrical interactions between particles at a speed near infinity, once again to our scale. There is no such thing as disconnecting cause and effect or anything like that.

Anyway, yeah. Protagonists will always prevail (real spooky action at a distance? haha) in fiction. I am perfectly fine leaving this physics discussion as-is. Our walls of text are enough on the subject for now.
By "limited by the speed of light," I assumed you meant "at less than or equal to the speed of light." Which, unless you can give me some pretty resounding evidnece, all "signals and the like" ARE, in fact, travelling at less than or equal to the speed of light. Because, by definition, "signals and the like" are transmittable waves that can be sent, received, and deciphered for meaning. Waves = light. Light has a limited speed. You gave the example of gravity, but since when is gravity "signals and the like"?
Eaol
Major
Major

Post by Eaol »

1) By "limited by the speed of light," I assumed you meant "at less than or equal to the speed of light." Which, unless you can give me some pretty resounding evidnece, all "signals and the like" ARE, in fact, travelling at less than or equal to the speed of light. Because, by definition, "signals and the like" are transmittable waves that can be sent, received, and deciphered for meaning. Waves = light. Light has a limited speed. You gave the example of gravity, but since when is gravity "signals and the like"?
True, true. You got me there.

You wouldn't consider "spooky action at a distance" usable in technology for real time communication, would you?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Tachyons.
:google:
Theoretically possible :yes:

Nuff' said.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Eaol
Major
Major

Post by Eaol »

Well, we were referring to real-world science, but whatever. Back on subject, Season 4 looks like it might be good.
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

Just finished watching Season Two. This whole series is much better than I thought it would be, and adds so much back story detail to the saga. I can't wait for season 3 to be released on DVD, as I think I'm getting withdrawls. :faint:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Season 3 on Blu-Ray and DVD Commercial

I always get the DVDs, as I have no Blu-Ray player. I espcially love the documentries and deleted scenes. Wait, what, the Deleted and Extended scenes are only on the Blu-Ray version...
Hidden/Spoiler:
I call bullcrap :cry:
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

THEWULFMAN wrote:Season 3 on Blu-Ray and DVD Commercial

I always get the DVDs, as I have no Blu-Ray player. I espcially love the documentries and deleted scenes. Wait, what, the Deleted and Extended scenes are only on the Blu-Ray version...
Hidden/Spoiler:
I call bullcrap :cry:
Bullcrap indeed. It sucks when companys put out the, 'Good stuff' (Deleted and Extended scenes)
on Blu-Ray just so we have to pay more money to buy a Blu-Ray player.
Offtopic
The same goes for video games I feel. How come all the really great games (Or better versions of those games) come out for Xbox and not PC?
DarthEste01
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2 KotF

Post by DarthEste01 »

offtopic:

how is the sound transmited in space without air? because we can hear the sounds of stars and galaxys,and the echos of the creation of the universe.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

What does that have to do with anything?
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Offtopic :P We hear music in the background, too. Where does that come from?!?

For some reason the people who make TV shows, games, and movies think that being able to hear music and sound effects makes it more enjoyable.
DarthEste01
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2 KotF

Post by DarthEste01 »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:What does that have to do with anything?
nothing realy,i just have that doubt.
kinetosimpetus wrote:Offtopic We hear music in the background, too. Where does that come from?!?
i wastalking of the real universe.