Clone Wars Season 3

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Something cool...
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CoDBO BFBC2
xbox live or psn: Has no xbox....Yup

Re: Clone Wars Season 3

Post by Darth_Spiderpig »

kinetosimpetus wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
For a second I thought, whoah, why is that Trando using a Stouker Concussion Rifle in the cockpit? Then I got a better look and it looked a lot more like an ACP Array Gun.
Hidden/Spoiler:
It was, it even had the right firesound :thumbs:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Darth_Spiderpig wrote:
kinetosimpetus wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
For a second I thought, whoah, why is that Trando using a Stouker Concussion Rifle in the cockpit? Then I got a better look and it looked a lot more like an ACP Array Gun.
Hidden/Spoiler:
It was, it even had the right firesound :thumbs:

I saw that too, I was excited and pointed it out to my dad. :o :lol:
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

I thought the final two episodes were very well-done. The cinematics are getting better all the time.
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

Yesterday was the first time that a seaon 3 episode was payed on latin america... pretty annoying to live here and being delayed on this series :| that was the first time i watched a season 3 episode...
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

I've only just got season two on blu ray, so I'm even further behind. Can't wait to watch it this weekend :P
CalvaryCptMike
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Nothing--absolutely nothing

Post by CalvaryCptMike »

I just watched the season finale.

SPOILERS
Hidden/Spoiler:
I have to say it was pretty good but there were a few things that I was a bit disappointed about:

1. I was kinda hoping Ahsoka would die. I thought it would be really good if she went out fighting to save her friends and chewbacca and sacrificed herself for them. Then with season 4 we could see a new apprentice for anakin(after all she isn't in ROTS) but oh well.

2. When I saw that chewbacca was going to be in this episode I thought maybe they would finally redeem his boring ROTS character, but not really. I was expecting to see him kick lizard butt... but instead he killed a couple of them and then got pinned.

( the next few reasons are more nitpicky so don't attack me for these because i'm not saying these ruined the episode, I'm just commenting )

3.HOW LONG DO THEY THINK THAT WE ARE GOING TO BE FOOLED BY THEIR RIDICULOUS STUNTS!? Okay, not that I have a problem with disreality(the force for one) but sometimes they go too far. There were at least five scenes where the jedi kids leap in the air, fly forward and smash kick the trandos in the face, to almost no avail... but then we see chewie punch them in the face and they die. WUT!? Wait, getting kicked in the face by a 125 pound jedi, flying at you at 30 miles per hour just makes you shake your head but when chewbacca hits you then you just slump over dead!? That really annoyed me.

4. WAIT!!! HOLD EVERYTHING!!! THE WOOKIES HAVE PARATROOPERS!?!?!? Okay I thought that it was cool to see clones disembarking from gunships with rapelling cables but WOOKIES DO IT TOO!? I thought that was over kill. I know that they hung from insect like planes in ROTS but the whole approach was different here, instead of bringing some fresh ideas in it looked as if the animators just took the clone paratrooper skeltons and stuck a wookie model on it for the sake of time.

5. How many times can you get thrown across a room and smash your face in the wall berfore you just pass out in agonizing pain? oh yeah... jedi's strentgh flows from the force... invalid point sorry about that.

5. ( for real ) A: the jedi kids, ahsoka, and chewie start beating up lizards.
B: chewies transmitter starts working and the wookies somehow know he's in trouble
C: 5-20 REAL TIME MINUTES pass and the wookies show up to save the day...

HOLD EVERYTHING!!! It took the wookie task force 5-20 minutes to get on their ship, load their weapons, TRAVEL ACROSS THE GALAXY, find the transmitter that was sending the signal, THEN SOMEHOW KNOW WHERE CHEWIE WENT. Seriouslu real life police can take that long to respond to emergencys and they don't have to travel around the galaxy, I mean we're talking interplanetary travel in 10 minutes. Also when the wookies showed up I'm assuming that they located the transmitter by following it's signal and thus landed near it. But when they got there wouldn't they have just found a deserted hide-out? How did they know where to go next? Do wookies have a sixth sense for knowing where chewie was? I dunno just it seems like they would've found the transmitter, roared around, then abandonded the search because they didn't know where to go next.

Anyways this is just my opinion and all in all I thought it was pretty good.
Don't jump all over most of this stuff though, it's just my thoughts in print, not some anti-lucas hate mail or anything :wink:
Last edited by CalvaryCptMike on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Who says the task force wasn't already in space when they received the distress signal?
CalvaryCptMike
Captain
Captain

Post by CalvaryCptMike »

Me. :funny2:

I know, as I said the last four are just nitpicks that I noticed, they didn't take away from the finale as it was pretty cool. Just like the continuity errors in the original trilogy don't ruin it either. :wink:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

CalvaryCptMike wrote:I just watched the season finale.

SPOILERS
Hidden/Spoiler:
I have to say I was a bit more than disappointed, several reasons:

1. I was kinda hoping Ahsoka would die. I thought it would be really good if she went out fighting to save her friends and chewbacca and sacrificed herself for them. Then with season 4 we could see a new apprentice for anakin(after all she isn't in ROTS) but oh well.

2. When I saw that chewbacca was going to be in this episode I thought maybe they would finally redeem his boring ROTS character, but not really. I was expecting to see him kick lizard butt... but instead he killed a couple of them and then got pinned.

( the next few reasons are more nitpicky so don't attack me for these because i'm not saying these ruined the episode, I'm just commenting )

3.HOW LONG DO THEY THINK THAT WE ARE GOING TO BE FOOLED BY THEIR RIDICULOUS STUNTS!? Okay, not that I have a problem with disreality(the force for one) but sometimes they go too far. There were at least five scenes where the jedi kids leap in the air, fly forward and smash kick the trandos in the face, to almost no avail... but then we see chewie punch them in the face and they die. WUT!? Wait, getting kicked in the face by a 125 pound jedi, flying at you at 30 miles per hour just makes you shake your head but when chewbacca hits you then you just slump over dead!? That really annoyed me.

4. WAIT!!! HOLD EVERYTHING!!! THE WOOKIES HAVE PARATROOPERS!?!?!? Okay I thought that it was cool to see clones disembarking from gunships with rapelling cables but WOOKIES DO IT TOO!? I thought that was over kill. I know that they hung from insect like planes in ROTS but the whole approach was different here, instead of bringing some fresh ideas in it looked as if the animators just took the clone paratrooper skeltons and stuck a wookie model on it for the sake of time.

5. How many times can you get thrown across a room and smash your face in the wall berfore you just pass out in agonizing pain? oh yeah... jedi's strentgh flows from the force... invalid point sorry about that.

5. ( for real ) A: the jedi kids, ahsoka, and chewie start beating up lizards.
B: chewies transmitter starts working and the wookies somehow know he's in trouble
C: 5-20 REAL TIME MINUTES pass and the wookies show up to save the day...

HOLD EVERYTHING!!! It took the wookie task force 5-20 minutes to get on their ship, load their weapons, TRAVEL ACROSS THE GALAXY, find the transmitter that was sending the signal, THEN SOMEHOW KNOW WHERE CHEWIE WENT. Seriouslu real life police can take that long to respond to emergencys and they don't have to travel around the galaxy, I mean we're talking interplanetary travel in 10 minutes. Also when the wookies showed up I'm assuming that they located the transmitter by following it's signal and thus landed near it. But when they got there wouldn't they have just found a deserted hide-out? How did they know where to go next? Do wookies have a sixth sense for knowing where chewie was? I dunno just it seems like they would've found the transmitter, roared around, then abandonded the search because they didn't know where to go next.

Anyways this is just my opinion and all in all I thought it was pretty good.
Don't jump all over most of this stuff though, it's just my thoughts in print, not some anti-lucas hate mail or anything :wink:

Sorry, your sadly mistaken if you think I am going to let this go untouched.
Hidden/Spoiler:
1. Wow, not only was your comment dark, but your point doesn't make much sense. I know she is going to die most likely,and I am never going to like that. I like her character, and ewoks and Jar-Jar. Got a problem with that? I will me you in the back alley behind comic-con. Why would they kill her off for some meaningless characters just introduced into the show? And why, in the frikken galaxy, would they give anakin ANOTHER padawan! That makes so little sense, and, why would they kill her....argh your first statement really upset me.

2. What more did you want from him, me and my dad thought he kicked some butt, you have to make him seem a little vulnerable to make the scene tense.

3. You don't know much about star wars at this point do you? Trandoshans are very strong, and hate wookies. Wookies and trandodosons have been fighting for ever. And they both are strong. It is star wars, and it is a cartoon.

4. How can this even be a complaint. You are arguing that wookies couldn't have paratroopers. Oh, and btw, they are not paratrooper, they are repelling down from a gunship. I have never know why people called that being a paratrooper.

5. (for real) You didn't pay much attention to that episode now did you. It is hinted, that this planet is on the same system as Kashyyyk. The trandoshan home-world is in the same system as well. It would take 15 minutes tops, for a team of the wookie planetary defense force to hop in the ship and make a short hyperspace jump. By short, I mean a minute long jump tops. And why would they not have any wookies on stand by for emergencies? And why couldn't they have not SCANNED THE AREA and saw THE LARGE ship floating 1000 meters int he air?

I understood these were just your feelings, but to me, they were based upon misconception, lack of SW knowledge, and etc.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
5. (for real) You didn't pay much attention to that episode now did you. It is hinted, that this planet is on the same system as Kashyyyk. The trandoshan home-world is in the same system as well. It would take 15 minutes tops, for a team of the wookie planetary defense force to hop in the ship and make a short hyperspace jump. By short, I mean a minute long jump tops. And why would they not have any wookies on stand by for emergencies? And why couldn't they have not SCANNED THE AREA and saw THE LARGE ship floating 1000 meters int he air?
Ah, well now I know where to go when I want real world numbers on unexplained fictional phenomenon such as hyperspace travel. Unless you know how fast hyperspace travel is and how far apart these planets actually are I doubt you could make such an assumption.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Teancum wrote:
THEWULFMAN wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Ah, well now I know where to go when I want real world numbers on unexplained fictional phenomenon such as hyperspace travel. Unless you know how fast hyperspace travel is and how far apart these planets actually are I doubt you could make such an assumption.
I am assuming this for the following reasons.
Distance vs Speed, The exact speed isn't important. If they were far enough apart, where the hyperspace jump (Which, btw, consists of going into another dimension(Hyperspace)), would only last a minute, it would serve to easily explain away any mystery. It was made clear that Kashyyyk wasn't far. When I think of, not far, I think inter system.

Darth Maul took approximately seven hours to travel from Coruscant to Tatooine. That is halfway across the galaxy.

So am I an expert, no, do I have an idea as to what I am talking about, yes.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
Teancum wrote:
THEWULFMAN wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I am assuming this for the following reasons.
Distance vs Speed, The exact speed isn't important. If they were far enough apart, where the hyperspace jump (Which, btw, consists of going into another dimension(Hyperspace)), would only last a minute, it would serve to easily explain away any mystery. It was made clear that Kashyyyk wasn't far. When I think of, not far, I think inter system.

Darth Maul took approximately seven hours to travel from Coruscant to Tatooine. That is halfway across the galaxy.

So am I an expert, no, do I have an idea as to what I am talking about, yes.
I think Tean's point was less, "you're crazy," and more, "you're arguing over the legitimacy of a children's science fiction TV show. Reality goes out the window, just enjoy the dang show." It's a kids show. It's fiction. The protagonists are going to win /somehow/ even if they are surrounded by depose on all sides in some desolate arena and Count Dooku is about to order their deaths. (U C wut I did thar?)
Lephenix

Post by Lephenix »

Yay , i can finally see episode 1,2,3 and 4 :runaway: . And in french :P .
CalvaryCptMike
Captain
Captain

Post by CalvaryCptMike »

Hurray! Now you can rot your brain watching too much tv!!! :funny2:
No, seriously good for you...
Hidden/Spoiler:
BUT NOT YOUR BRAIN
CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: BF4 SWBF2 Skyrim
xbox live or psn: UBERMEISTER32

Post by CommanderFixer »

Oh my gosh! I missed well over half of season 3. And just when I was getting optimistic, too. :cry: How does S4 look?
Lephenix

Post by Lephenix »

Oh yeah , episode 5 and 6 available now in FR :P . Watching 8) . I loved the 1,2,3,4 :thumbs: .
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

I want to argue!

1) HOLD EVERYTHING!!!
...Ok?

2) It took the wookie task force 5-20 minutes to get on their ship, load their weapons, TRAVEL ACROSS THE GALAXY, find the transmitter that was sending the signal, THEN SOMEHOW KNOW WHERE CHEWIE WENT.
You're not taking into account the possibility that they weren't all the way at Kashyyyk then. Besides, given Kashyyyk is almost next door anyway, the only logical issue I had with that whole part was how, exactly, the transmitter was working at superluminal speed, but then I realized that they took parts from a starship, so it made some (a little) sense. We're talking interstellar travel, by the way. And the huge floating structure would be pretty easy to spot, and seeing a fight going on there would hopefully hint at something. You would easily be able to find the position on the planet, yes. There are GPS-type systems in Star Wars.

3) Do wookies have a sixth sense for knowing where chewie was?
I...laughed out loud...

4) The exact speed isn't important. If they were far enough apart, where the hyperspace jump (Which, btw, consists of going into another dimension(Hyperspace)), would only last a minute, it would serve to easily explain away any mystery. It was made clear that Kashyyyk wasn't far. When I think of, not far, I think inter system.
Basing off of real-world physics, which is all I can base it off of while being consistent, you'd be making a lot of assumptions. With real-world physics, going into "hyperspace" or "light speed" is simply travelling faster than the speed light waves travel through the neutrino aether. Kashyyyk wasn't far, correct. If the jump from one side of the galaxy to the other was achieved in a few hours, then given the proximity the jump from Kashyyyk to Trandosha would be much shorter, perhaps only a few minutes. You have to take into account obstacles and the distance, of course, and even then, two solar systems in close proximity to each other might be like our solar system and, say, Proxima Centauri - little to no obstacles aside from electrical interactions, which this civilization would have solved already, or they wouldn't be spacefaring. I think what hits the believability factor for most people is the fact that they can't comprehend the distance and are under the impression that the speed of light is supposed to be some kind of invisible limit.

Now that that's over with, I sortof enjoyed the last episode but something still bothers me about it. I don't know what, exactly.
CalvaryCptMike
Captain
Captain

Post by CalvaryCptMike »

Eaol wrote:Now that that's over with, I sortof enjoyed the last episode but something still bothers me about it. I don't know what, exactly.
I kinda got a similar feeling :? Too short maybe?
Actually now that you guys have properly educated me in StarWarsGeekiIshNess I realize that the planets are next to each other andddd... during nasa's mars rover project they were transmitting signals from mars to earth at the speed of light and it took:
Hidden/Spoiler:
10 MINUTES
what this means is that chewies transmitter would've taken about 10 minutes (signal traveling at lightspeed) to reach kashyyyk and then 10 minutes for the wookie task force (traveling at lightspeed) to reach the planet where they were. So yes, this is basically scientifically possible gathering from real-world science.
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

Well I would like to point out is that the communication could have been in real time. You're assuming the use of radio signals, which won't get very far in the urgent time frame. Not all real-world signals and the like are limited to the speed of light.

Purely electrical communication, for instance ^-^.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Eaol wrote:Well I would like to point out is that the communication could have been in real time. You're assuming the use of radio signals, which won't get very far in the urgent time frame. Not all real-world signals and the like are limited to the speed of light. false.

Purely electrical communication, for instance ^-^.
Well, you're right about the fact that electricity doesn't travel at the speed of light (aside from electromagnetic waves in a vacuum, which do, in fact, travel at the speed of light). Electricity is slower than the speed of light if moving through a medium. :|
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_electricity

Either way, you're still overlooking the fact that protagonists have the uncanny ability to overcome any obstacle no matter how many laws of physics it defies. Chewie + Ahsoka = protagonists in a kid's TV show (young adult's TV Show, if you must argue that point, too). That means that even if the odds were totally stacked against them in a way that it wouldn't be physically possible to escape/survive at all, the writers would find a way. Even if it means they both die and then wake up only to find it was all a dream, which quite frankly, seems like a pretty crap ending compared to a squadron of wookies flying in to save the day.

Bottom line, you people are looking WAAAAAYYY too far into this. Enjoy the dang show for what it is: fiction.