Clone Troopers: Humans or Mandalorians?

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Clone Troopers: Humans or Mandalorians?

Post by Nova Hawk »

I've been debating this over for a while. What species would the Clone Troopers of the Galactic Republic be labeled under? Would they be Human or Mandalorian? Cuz they were all cloned from a single infamous Mandalorian named Jango Fett and so once they cloned the troopers, they would still have the genes from the original DNA, no matter how many times it was transmitted they would still contain the same DNA molecules as Jango.

So my guess is they would all be Mandalorians at heart but their love is for the defense of the Republic to not let it fall into Separatists hands.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Clone Troopers: Humans or Mandalorians?

Post by AQT »

Human is a species, and Mandalorian is a cultural group. So clones of Jango Fett are definitely humans.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

AQT wrote:Human is a species, and Mandalorian is a cultural group. So clones of Jango Fett are definitely humans.

I concur :plokoon:

To be honest, if you knew (fixed)that Manalorians were human, I find it a little racist....

Just because they are clones from him means they will act like him?

If you cloned a person of African decent, would they like Rap music?
If you cloned a person of Chinese Decent, would they be good at math?
Etc.

If you thought they were different species, like you kinda mentioned, then ignore me entirely. Except the I concur part :P
Last edited by THEWULFMAN on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Reading a little too much into it, aren't you Wulf?
Lephenix

Post by Lephenix »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
AQT wrote:Human is a species, and Mandalorian is a cultural group. So clones of Jango Fett are definitely humans.

I concur :plokoon:

To be honest, if you didn't know that Manalorians were human, I find it a little racist....

Just because they are clones from him means they will act like him?

If you cloned a person of African decent, would they like Rap music?
If you cloned a person of Chinese Decent, would they be good at math?
Etc.

If you thought they were different species, like you kinda mentioned, then ignore me entirely. Except the I concur part :P
That was just a simple question and AQT answered it fine.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Teancum wrote:Reading a little too much into it, aren't you Wulf?

I find lots of things racist so probably I am.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Well, the main thing I was mainly asking is that since the troopers were cloned from a Mandalorian, would they still have Mandalorian in their blood or would they just be classified as Human?
commandoCC-9811
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: Games. Mostly games.

Post by commandoCC-9811 »

since that mandalorians are a group of humans taken off of the "real" mandalorians, that are at that time extinct, they are both mandalorians and humans in a sense. If you want it in a general view of species, they are humans, but if you want to narrow it down in the human field, they are cloned mandalorians.
(I think there is a "Way Of Passage" tradition that the mandalorians follow, so that anyone who tries to say their a "mandalorian" has to pass the test/tests to prove that they really are on. I'm not exactly sure about it though.)
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Nova Hawk wrote:Well, the main thing I was mainly asking is that since the troopers were cloned from a Mandalorian, would they still have Mandalorian in their blood or would they just be classified as Human?
Jango Fett has no "Mandalorian Blood." He was a (I think) Kuati boy who was orphaned in a battle and was adopted by a human male who followed the Mandalorian culture. The Mandalorians believed that adoptive families were no different from actual bloodlines, and not to mention one doesn't have to be a human to be Mandalorian.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

commandoCC-9811 wrote:since that mandalorians are a group of humans taken off of the "real" mandalorians, that are at that time extinct, they are both mandalorians and humans in a sense.
I think you just confused the Mandalorians with the Sith.

Anyway, in my mind, being a Mandalorian is closer in comparison to being an American. It's not really what's in your blood, it's where you're from and how you act based on your surrounding culture.

Consider this scenario: I have a friend (two, actually. Twins) who were born in Brazil. However, they were born on an American military base and raised by their two American parents. So are they Brazilian, American, or just human?
Hidden/Spoiler:
"But TW, there are already regulations about that saying that the base is US territory so that they are Americans."
Hush. Just go with it for now.
Similarly, the clone troopers were not born directly on Mandalore. As Fluffy pointed out, neither was Jango. But they were "raised" (read: "trained") by Mandalorians and therefore have the Mandalorian culture instilled in them (according to Karen Traviss. If you're going with TCW, they could have been "raised" by a whole assortment of different bounty hunters with different backgrounds).
commandoCC-9811
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Twilight_Warrior wrote:I think you just confused the Mandalorians with the Sith.
No, not really, the human mandalorian cult on mandalore took their ferocious ideals from the original mandalorian species. But, in a way, it is like the Sith species and the Sith that took their name.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

How about simply: Humans by blood, Mandolorian by nature?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Teancum wrote:How about simply: Humans by blood, Mandolorian by nature?

S..ss.s.s.SIMPLY, are you mad!?!?!?! :P
commandoCC-9811
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

I love indepth conversations about genetic relations and fundamentals and biological processes of living organisms in complex dialog.
I can't be sss...sss...simple! :runaway:
:funny2:
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Teancum wrote:How about simply: Humans by blood, Mandolorian by nature?
I like that, Tean. I might just have to go put that up on my facebook.
CalvaryCptMike
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Nothing--absolutely nothing

Post by CalvaryCptMike »

The answer to this question is so stupidly simple:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Clones are humans that are of mandolorian descent.
Done. :yes:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Wookiepedia wrote:During their development, Jango Fett made a point of instilling the Mandalorian ethos into each and every one of the clones, presumably as a way to carry on the Mandalorian legacy. This was particularly true of the army's upper echelon and special forces. This quickly spread to include Mando'a, the language of the Mandalorians, the use of which became widespread among the clones. The Mandalorian influence was particularly strong among the Republic Commandos, as nearly all of those who had trained them were once Mandalorian warriors.

Although the Mandalorian culture had a strong impact on the clone commandos, the more common-issued clones, who composed the majority of clones in the Grand Army, were nevertheless devoted to the Galactic Republic without question, thus placing their loyalty to the Republic over all other emotions or interests. When the Mandalorian Protectors, led by none other than the renegade clone Spar, emerged on the side of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, many clones began to reject their Mandalorian heritage due to the fact that the Mandalorians had become enemies of the Republic. It was a major blow to the clone army's "brothers all" affection for each other, as seen when the 2nd Airborne Company made no attempt to hide their dislike for Omega Squad and any other clone that placed their interests in the Mandalorian culture above their loyalty to the Republic