Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

Post by AQT »

So the revamped Star Tours opened a few weeks ago at Disney World, and it will open in two days at Disneyland.

Links:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/ ... tar-tours/
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/star-tours/

The spoilers I read on Wookiepedia sounded pretty awesome. This may be a long shot, but anyone plan on going? :o I'm thinking about it considering I live approximately 11 minutes away from Disneyland. Not sure if it's worth the near one hundred dollars admission price, though.

The original Star Tours ride was a classic. I enjoyed the last two out of three times I've been on it. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new one in person! Discuss.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Ah Diet Dr. Pepper, they look awesome. :cry: I cant go :cry: :cry:
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

We were going to, but we decided to take a 5 day Disney Cruise instead of a 3 day Cruise with 4 days in the parks...
I was kind of disappointed, but I do plan on going to see it sometime. The original Star Tours was awesome, and this is probably going to be much better.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Lol, dude that's epic! Star Tours was like my favorite ride in Disney Land when I was a kid. Haven't been there in ages...
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Went to the old Star Tours last summer, and hopefully will get to see the new and improved one this summer.
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

They copied Star Wars: Revisited in so many ways with the Hoth parts. (Specifically the Ion Cannon)
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Eaol wrote:They copied Star Wars: Revisited in so many ways with the Hoth parts. (Specifically the Ion Cannon)
Star Wars: Revisited being?
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress
Extended Trailer

That. Adywan, the creator, was complaining about how they copied his ideas, but he doesn't really care.
Hidden/Spoiler:
They're filming some new battle shots by the way, so:
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Eaol wrote:That. Adywan, the creator, was complaining about how they copied his ideas, but he doesn't really care.
Well, shucks. Copying his ideas? Why even bring this into the thread? All this is is a fan color-correction project. Kudos to him for having the know-how to be able to perform restoration/enhancement on video, but if he's complaining about "his" ideas being copied when all he's doing is doing another re-edit of Star Wars (tiny extra bits nonwithstanding), then he's got his head stuck somewhere the sun don't shine.

Let's keep the focus on the ride - if you think that someone's fan project merits attention, make a thread about it for itself.