Star Wars Blu Ray

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Star Wars Blu Ray

Post by minilogoguy18 »

It's to respect to the original actor as well as it being better for the story as the lines were totally different. Anyone who doesn't know anything about SW could watch just that scene and figure out who darth vader is and his relation to luke, its just retarded, it took away from the suprise of hearing vader say "No, I am your father!". The old scene also helped with the mysteriousness of the emperor at the time as before watching the originals he was never seen and rarely talked about and having a barely visible hologram made him even more mysterious.

Sorry, you can't do like what the prequels attempted (as well as TFU) and replace good story telling with pretty CGI. I'm sure anyone who was at a mature age and was a fan before the prequels would agree.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Star Wars Blu Ray

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Well the Blu-Rays are selling nicely, 510,000 in North America, and 1 million worldwide in the first week of release.

Fans claimed they were going to boycott the Blu-Rays, but in secret they probably bought some. When an Ewok blinks, they may complain online, but it is still Star Wars in the end.