Star Wars Blu Ray

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Star Wars Blu Ray

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Comes out September 16th.
Changelog includes (but is not limited to):
- Fixed wampa arm
Hidden/Spoiler:
In a scene early in the movie, Luke Skywalker is out patrolling on the ice planet Hoth when he's attacked by a giant monster called a Wampa. In one shot, the monster's arm sweeps in and hits Luke, but the puppeteer working the arm pushed it too far into frame. The fake arm was attached to a pole which managed to sneak into the picture, and it's been visible in the movie for 30 years. Digital effects artists at ILM extended the Wampa's arm, and on the Blu-ray the pole is no longer visible.
- Fixed lightsaber cores
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Blu-rays also correct some issues from when the movies were converted to DVD. Fans were upset at the time that colors and brightness on the lightsabers were duller than they were in the theatrical releases. On Blu-ray, the saber blades have been restored to their vibrant colors with bright, white-hot cores.

FUN FACT: It's also always irked me that Luke's saber was underneath Vader's. I'm glad they fixed that.
- CGI Yoda in Episode I
- Restored scene of Luke building his green lightsaber in Episode VI

Plus tons and tons of bonus documentaries, interviews, and special features (but only a small percentage of hardcore fans really care about those).

Who's interested?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Star Wars Blu Ray

Post by Marth8880 »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Image
I swear, that face... :faint:

but4srs, this Blu-Ray version actually looks interesting! (Although I don't have a Blu-Ray player...)
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I am trying to convince my dad to get a Blu-Ray player so I can get these sometime soon because I have to have them.

Yay for fixed lightsabers (those who know me know that those always really bugged me)

Yay for deleted scenes! I am glad they are restoring them and putting them back in.
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

I don't have Blu-ray.
Hidden/Spoiler:
:(
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

I thankfully have Blu-ray and will probably be getting these sometime in the near future. I'm excited for the fixed lightsabers and deleted scenes.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

i bet it looks great, if you like handy cams and day time soap operas, i dont know anyone that owns a blu ray, one girl i knew bought one and we watched dark crystal and avatard on it, they both looked like handy cam movies , (like how clear of a shot with no filters do i need of old haggy lady from alien(s)...no thanks...those filters are on movies for a reason...we watched those movies but it was a struggle...she took it back the next day. Im gonna say blu ray is obsolete in 5 years if not sooner, they sell the players here for next to nothing now and the movies are almost the same price as normal movies...not that I know anyone who actually pays for movies or music or any media actually lulz. let me know how these looks, im ok seeing the pole on the arm of the wampa for now :)
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

You're really right on that Guru, some movies do look like "Handy cam" On Blu-ray. With that effect, movies are just not the same imo.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Why is this needed? Why would anyone allow someone to add this? Why did anyone think this was a good line reading? Why have I just not given up on new Star Wars releases and recorded my old VHS releases to DVD?

Someone else really needs to get control of this series.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Fusion wrote:Someone else really needs to get control of this series.

Well...

While I don't think it was needed, but I don't mind the change. I kinda agree with it in some ways.

It's George's movie(s), I feel he has the right to do what he wants, whether for better or worse.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

I really hope that isn't actually being added. Yeah, Lucas can do whatever he wants with his films, but that doesn't mean his decisions will always be good. Vader's "nos" just sound way out of place in that scene, especially the first one. While we may not be able to see Vader's facial expressions, the body language still doesn't match the yelling at all.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Eggman wrote:Vader's "nos" just sound way out of place in that scene, especially the first one. While we may not be able to see Vader's facial expressions, the body language still doesn't match the yelling at all.
Noooo? Nooooooo.
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Fusion wrote:[Video]

Why is this needed? Why would anyone allow someone to add this? Why did anyone think this was a good line reading? Why have I just not given up on new Star Wars releases and recorded my old VHS releases to DVD?

Someone else really needs to get control of this series.
It's symbolic. Think of Luke as the Star Wars saga, The Emperor as George Lucas & Co., and Vader as the fans.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I did feel his ROTS "Nooooooooo!", was wrong, but I'm ok with this.

Neil Peart wrote:Constant change is here to stay.
DarthEste01
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2 KotF

Post by DarthEste01 »

if you listen carefully,when palpatine screams it sounds like he's saying "anakin nooooo"
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

DarthEste01 wrote:if you listen carefully,when palpatine screams it sounds like he's saying "anakin nooooo"

I hear after listening to it 12 times,
"Aaaaaaahhhhoooooooooo".
DarthEste01
Banned

Post by DarthEste01 »

not when he's falling to the death star's core,when anakin catchs him
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

He's yelling in frustration and surprise. It's the same sound as the original there, nothing was added.
DarthEste01
Banned

Post by DarthEste01 »

i know,and i know he doesn't say anything,but it sounds like.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

http://deathstarpr.blogspot.com/2011/08 ... anges.html
It's actually a lot easier to read if you go to the site, but for those of you who just don't want to leave GT...
Hidden/Spoiler:
We all knew there were going to be some adjustments, or "embetterments", to the Star Wars films with their Blu-Ray release on September 16th. In his infinite wisdom the great creator, George Lucas, has constantly refined his original releases over the years in an effort to create the definitive version of the Star Wars universe. In his quest for perfection, Mr. Lucas will not stop until every character has been replaced with CGI, every line re-dubbed and every special effect re-rendered in jaw-dropping 5D.

io9 has revealed that one of the biggest changes in the Blu-Ray version is that Darth Vader will now scream, "NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!" when he throws the Emperor down the shaft in Return of the Jedi.

The fact is, that's only the beginning. The Death Star PR team can now exclusively reveal the ten biggest Star Wars Blu-Ray embetterments:

LOADS more crazy crap in every scene!
Because everyone knows that the absolute BEST way to improve a movie isn't about the script, acting or directing, it's how much CRAZY CGI stuff you can totally unnecessarily cram into the background of Every. Single. Scene. of your films.

Chewbetter

In an effort to improve the realism of the original trilogy, Chewbacca will now be replaced with ChewbaccARGH - an actual, genetically engineered, giant carnivorous killer bear with crossbow paws and a taste for human flesh. Unrelated: Han Solo has a cyborg leg now! How COOL is that, maybe?!

Ewoks blink now.

Ewoks have always been scary. They may look cute from a distance but up close they have the cold, soulless, dead eyes of a homicidal sociopath who just stabbed somebody to death because they didn't stir the sugar into their coffee clockwise three times before drinking it. But now they blink. Oh, you don't think that's pants-wettingly terrifying, Mr. Big Man? Then just imagine sitting in a kid's room filled with teddy bears when all of a sudden you realise they're all blinking at you.
Wait for it.
Wait for it.
There you go.

R2-2D-M4X!

The true hero of both Star Wars trilogies, R2-D2, will receive some big time upgrades in the new old trilogy. The plucky astromech droid will now save the crew of the Millenium Falcon from certain death in Death Star Hangar Bay 327 by flying around shooting rockets at the Stormtroopers before transforming into a giant warrior robot with a flaming sword and a jive talkin' "edgy" African-American voice.

Catchphrases for EVERYONE!
In keeping with the addition of Vader's trademark "NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!" to the Emperor's death scene, all of the main characters will now have a catchphrase which they say incessantly. Luke will respond, "But I was going in to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!" (Classic!) every time somebody asks him to do anything. Leia will now address everyone as a "Scruffy looking Nerf Herder" (ZING!), and Obi-Wan will constantly remind everyone that what he's saying is right, "From a certain point of view".

Anakin Begin Again

One of the bigger changes in Return of the Jedi's Special Edition was the change of Anakin Skywalker's Force ghost to Hayden Christensen. To really tie in the prequel and original trilogies, Hayden will also replace Sebastian Shaw in Darth Vader's unmasking scene. And, because YOU demanded it, Jake Lloyd will now play the role of Force ghost Anakin. He will smile cutely, wave and inexplicably shout, "Now THIS is pod racing!" before winking at the audience as we star wipe to black.

New, improved fight scenes

There's nothing quite as thrilling that audiences can totally emotionally invest in as watching completely computer generated characters fight, race, or make sweet blue alien love to, one another for extended periods of time. To that end, Darth Vader's lightsaber duels with Obi-Wan and Luke will now be entirely CGI and involve lots of crazy flips and Diet Dr. Pepper because hey, it worked for Yoda, right?

Ultra-cool post-credits sequence!
You thought Return of the Jedi ended with Rebels smiling and Ewoks happily drumming on Stormtrooper helmets while they feast on Darth Vader's chargrilled corpse, didn't you? Oh, you. A new post-credits sequence shows the ghost of Emperor Palpatine laughing maniacally before flying up the reactor shaft towards the camera whilst shooting lightning from his hands. Did somebody say... TRIquels?!!

Newer, betterer actors

The original films were released a long, long time ago. So long ago that younger generations of viewers have absolutely no idea who, or what, a Carrie Fisher or a Mark Hamill is. In his infinite wisdom, the great creator has digitally altered the original trilogy so that the main characters are now played by the best, hippest, culturally relevant, totally actors of the modern era. Robert Pattinson as Luke Skywalker! Matthew McConaughey as Han Solo! Megan Fox as Princess Leia! And Will Smith as Lando Calrissian!

Han doesn't shoot at all

The famous Mos Eisley Cantina scene has been through quite a few revisions. In the original, Han Solo shot Greedo before the Rodian Bounty Hunter could shoot him, thus immediately and beautifully establishing Han as an anti-hero. In the Special Edition, Han shoots a fraction of a second after Greedo, thus immediately establishing Han as... a kind of anti-hero ... with great reflexes? In the Blu-Ray version, the scene reaches its inevitable conclusion: Han doesn't shoot at all. Rather, he delivers a devastatingly rakish smile and Greedo simply dies of a tragic, completely unconnected heart attack.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

All I can say is: :funny2:

I won't be getting this BluRay release because I have no interest in it. I don't have a BluRay player either. I'll just stick to my VHS box set.