Political Themes?

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Political Themes?

Post by yuke5 »

I was rewatching some episodes of TCW, and I began to see some political themes that apply pretty well to modern events. For example, there was that one episode with the droid suicide bombers and the call to war. There was also the episode with the two bands of bounty hunters and the villagers. These are the two episodes I can think of off the top of my head. I don't want to argue about the events themselves that the episodes parallel, but whether or not they actually parallel the episodes. For example, were the droid bombers a good example of 911? Did the farmers on Felucia paint a good picture of civilians in Afghanistan and the Taliban? I know all these issues are sensitive and very complex. I'm just wondering of TCW episodes seem to actively try to create parallels between their episodes and current events. If discussion of this starts to get emotional and/or biased I will delete the topic. I myself believe that the episodes try to establish connections with modern events.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Re: Political Themes?

Post by Nova Hawk »

I don't think they apply to recent events. Although, I was puzzled about one too. I forget which season, I think Season 2 with Rise of the Bounty Hunters with Padme & Bail Organa. They were fighting on whether or not to add more Clone Troops into the battle that would further the Republic into more debt and at the end of the episode, the Palpatine's bill got passed. I remember it being not too far away from when the first stimulus bill was getting passed in Congress and there was a lot of opposition against it but sadly, it got passed in the end.

Now, that's only my theory.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Post by yuke5 »

It might have also applied to the surge in Iraq. But yeah, this is what I'm talking about.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

I think you're going a little too deep with "Bounty Hunters," but basically all of the storylines involving the Senate mirror current events.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

EraOfDesann wrote:I think you're going a little too deep with "Bounty Hunters," but basically all of the storylines involving the Senate mirror current events.

I concur. :plokoon:

I couldn't have said it better. :lol:

I don't want to say a anything political, so I won't.
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

I was also thinking the same thing (though I feel that the September 11 reference is only vague at best). Heroes on Both Sides got me re-interested in the show.