Revenge of the Sith Article

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Revenge of the Sith Article

Post by Grev »

I've reposted this everywhere, because of how much I love this article, and I figured it'd be a good idea to post here. Enjoy - it really is an awesome article.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-capt ... from-grace
Ping
Sith
Sith

Re: Revenge of the Sith Article

Post by Ping »

Wow, that was...just wow. I can't think of any words to say other then "awesome."
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Wow, that is a fantastic article! It really brings me back to the experience of seeing the Star Wars films for the first time when I was a kid, when I never knew what would happen next. By the time Revenge of the Sith came out, I was old enough and had soaked up enough Star Wars lore to have a pretty good idea of what would happen, so it's interesting to get the kids' take on it. It sounds like the dad showed his kids the film in the order 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6. Interesting, but it seems like it definitely works - it makes Return of the Jedi all the more meaningful when seen for the first time.

Beyond the Star Wars stuff in the article, it sounds like this guy is just a great parent. :)
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

great article, the only thing the puzzles me is why he watches episode 3 with his sons only being 6 and 3. :?
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

I came out of reading that with a slightly higher opinion of Ep3. I guess I don't have that many problems with the plotline itself; more the execution bothers me.
DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:great article, the only thing the puzzles me is why he watches episode 3 with his sons only being 6 and 3. :?
Because
Eggman wrote:this guy is just a great parent. :)
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Eggman wrote:Wow, that is a fantastic article! It really brings me back to the experience of seeing the Star Wars films for the first time when I was a kid, when I never knew what would happen next. By the time Revenge of the Sith came out, I was old enough and had soaked up enough Star Wars lore to have a pretty good idea of what would happen, so it's interesting to get the kids' take on it. It sounds like the dad showed his kids the film in the order 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6. Interesting, but it seems like it definitely works - it makes Return of the Jedi all the more meaningful when seen for the first time.

Beyond the Star Wars stuff in the article, it sounds like this guy is just a great parent. :)
Yeah, I remember there was a thread a while back about which order to watch the movies in, and the general consensus was 4,5,6,1,2,3. Now I want to show my sister the movies in the 4,5,1,2,3,6 order. Seems more effective.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Grev wrote:Yeah, I remember there was a thread a while back about which order to watch the movies in, and the general consensus was 4,5,6,1,2,3. Now I want to show my sister the movies in the 4,5,1,2,3,6 order. Seems more effective.
I think you "connect" better with them. I watched them in that order because I wasn't allowed PG-13's for a while.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:great article, the only thing the puzzles me is why he watches episode 3 with his sons only being 6 and 3. :?
I was a little shocked by that as well, but I think he handled it pretty well by talking to them about what had happened and making sure that they were okay with it. I would wait a few years longer to show the films to the kids, since there are some intense scenes in all of them, but parental supervision can go a long way.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Eggman wrote:
I was a little shocked by that as well, but I think he handled it pretty well by talking to them about what had happened and making sure that they were okay with it. I would wait a few years longer to show the films to the kids, since there are some intense scenes in all of them, but parental supervision can go a long way.
Yeah, I guess as long there's a parent with them, it's okay, I guess. This guy reminds me of my parents; I'm still amazed at some of the stuff they let me watch and play as a kid....
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Grev wrote:
Eggman wrote:Wow, that is a fantastic article! It really brings me back to the experience of seeing the Star Wars films for the first time when I was a kid, when I never knew what would happen next. By the time Revenge of the Sith came out, I was old enough and had soaked up enough Star Wars lore to have a pretty good idea of what would happen, so it's interesting to get the kids' take on it. It sounds like the dad showed his kids the film in the order 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6. Interesting, but it seems like it definitely works - it makes Return of the Jedi all the more meaningful when seen for the first time.

Yeah, I remember there was a thread a while back about which order to watch the movies in, and the general consensus was 4,5,6,1,2,3. Now I want to show my sister the movies in the 4,5,1,2,3,6 order. Seems more effective.
What a great idea. :P

I think that honestly the big part of what made this order successful was the groundwork of the CW cartoon creating the interest for the universe, and then having the movies to put it in context - knowing who Anakin and Obi-Wan are ahead of time makes "Star Wars" more meaningful and it makes the twist in "Empire" more profound.