Kathleen Kennedy to succeed George Lucas atop Lucasfilm

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Kathleen Kennedy to succeed George Lucas atop Lucasfilm

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/en ... 8763.story

Kathleen Kennedy has been named co-chair of Lucasfilm, positioning her to take over the legendary San Francisco studio, home of the "Star Wars" movies, as its founder George Lucas prepares to retire.

Lucas plans to remain chief executive and will become co-chairman, working alongside veteran producer Kennedy as she assumes her new role as Lucas' replacement.

"I've spent my life building Lucasfilm and as I shift my focus into other directions I wanted to make sure it was in the hands of someone equipped to carry my vision into the future," Lucas said in a statement. "It was important that my successor not only be someone with great creative passion and proven leadership abilities, but also someone who loves movies."
Kennedy is a seven-time Academy Award nominee who is best known for her many partnerships with Lucas' close friend and collaborator Steven Spielberg.

Along with producing partner Frank Marshall, she produced the "Indiana Jones," "Jurassic Park" and "Bourne" series, as well as Spieberg's recent film "War Horse" and upcoming biopic "Lincoln."

"George and I have talked about the opportunities that lie ahead for the company and as George moves toward retirement I am honored that he trusts me with taking care of the beloved film franchises,'' Kennedy said in a statement. "I feel fortunate to have George working by my side for the next year or two as I take on this role -- it is nice to have Yoda by your side."
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Re: Kathleen Kennedy to succeed George Lucas atop Lucasfilm

Post by Eaol »

I suppose we'll find out where it goes from here. I don't expect any drastic change, but what do I know?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Very interesting. I'm guessing George will stick around for a couple more years, at least until The Clone Wars' sixth and final season is done.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

It seems George has finally realized that he has lost his touch with filmmaking, as evident by the not-so-good general reception of his latest film, Red Tails. I haven't seen it myself yet, but I was expecting it to be at least decent due to the Glory-esque story.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I saw Red Tails. It's not a great film by any means, but I enjoyed it. I didn't see anything horribly wrong with it. I mean sure, facts have been twisted for the sake of a story. There are some historical inaccuracies. Although not in the places people might think. They did sink a German destroyer, and they did shoot down three ME-262s over Berlin (I think it was four or five in the movie though).
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Exactly, why would anybody want to watch a boring movie where none of that happens?