Star Wars Reads Day

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Star Wars Reads Day

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Tomorrow, October 6th, is Star Wars Reads Day!

To celebrate, Barnes & Noble (Largest US book store chain, for you non-American GTers who might otherwise be unaware) is having a sale on Star Wars books! Super exciting. You can pre-order Timothy Zahn's new book "Scoundrels" for 40% off, pretty darn close to half off. The sale starts online today and in stores tomorrow. I'm not sure how many more books are on sale, it doesn't look like too many, mainly just some hardcover essential guides and a handful of newer releases, but the "official" sale starts tomorrow, so it might be that they just don't have the prices online yet.

The awesome part is, though, for those of you with smart phones and tablets, Apple or Android, you can download the B&N Nook app (the Nook is B&N's version of a Kindle) for free, and purchase eBooks to read anywhere. There's one in particular they've released for Star Wars Reads Day called "Star Wars: The Essential Novels". It's 4 novels: X-Wing: Rogue Squadron, Heir to the Empire, New Jedi Order: Vector Prime, and Legacy of the Force: Betrayal by Michael A. Stackpole, Timothy Zahn, R. A. Salvatore, and Aaron Allston, respectively, for $8. I know some of you have butted heads over a couple of these titles before, but you have to admit, for $2 a pop, that's not a bad deal at all for some nice gems in EU literature.

Anywho [/advertisement], I'm really not trying to promote anything for any corporations here, I just thought it was exciting that there's this awesome sale going on, and I figured my fellow GTers would appreciate the info.

Happy Star Wars Reads Day!
Ping
Sith
Sith

Re: Star Wars Reads Day

Post by Ping »

Thanks to your information, I went to my local Barnes & Noble and was finally able to track down a copy of The Last Command. I also got the new Revan novel, too. Probably would have gotten the Darth Plagueis novel too if it was still in stock. :D