Clone Wars "A Crisis on Utapau" arc

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Clone Wars "A Crisis on Utapau" arc

Post by Maveritchell »

Just recently, a set of four episodes - in what are essentially glorified animatics - have been put up on the Star Wars site (see here). It's pretty watchable - it sounds like the sound work is mostly done, and the episodes appear to all have early animation in them (as opposed to just storyboards).
jojo3450
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: starwarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Clone Wars "A Crisis on Utapau" arc

Post by jojo3450 »

I saw it yesterday and aren't two episodes the same?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Nope - the episodes are "A Death on Utapau," "In Search of the Crystal," "Crystal Crisis," and "The Big Bang."
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

This is pretty interesting, thanks.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Thanks for posting this! I don't check starwars.com much, so I would have had no idea these videos were out there. I've watched the first two so far, and you're right, they are very watchable.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

jojo3450 wrote:I saw it yesterday and aren't two episodes the same?
They uploaded the fourth episode twice. I had to watch the third one on my phone. I don't know if they've fixed it yet -- I watched them on Thursday.

Really enjoyable story arc aside from a couple things that didn't make much sense...
Hidden/Spoiler:
Why'd the inspector involve the Jedi if she was in on the conspiracy? Seems like they could've waited until after the deal had gone down.
Some really fun action sequences and some great interaction between Anakin and Obi-Wan, especially that campfire scene! For animatics they looked great -- it's a shame we couldn't see it fully animated as I'm sure it would have looked gorgeous. Very cool setup for...
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Death Star super laser. It's neat when the show ties into the movies like that.
Hopefully there are more arcs that have reached this level of completion; the Ventress/Quinlan Vos arc in particular looks potentially great. I know they're turning it into a novel but I'd really love to see those animatics (hopefully with sound). I appreciate how diligently Lucasfilm has worked to get some of these stories out to the fans. I still don't understand the decision to cancel the show, especially when there was so much work that had already been done for future seasons. Seems like running Clone Wars and Rebels concurrently would've been a golden opportunity but I suppose that would've stretched their resources thin.

Did anyone else read Son of Dathomir? I found it to be really underwhelming.
jojo3450
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: starwarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by jojo3450 »

Isn't the Crystal the one that comes out on Battlefront 2 for the super laser? Its cool they mention it
okay they did fix it cause I saw it when it first came out and two episode were the same