Post-RotJ Legends

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Sergeant Major
User avatar
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:44 am
Location: Glasgow, tumblr.
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post-RotJ Legends

Postby ARC1778 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:44 am

I'm interesting in reading the post movies stories of the galaxy, but I'm not sure where to start, I know there's thawn, and mara-jade, etc, but can someone like give me the essencal reading list? Thanks. XD

Field Commander
User avatar
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:58 pm
Location: The Universe
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Re: Post-RotJ Legends

Postby commanderawesome » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:18 pm

You should start with the Thrawn Trilogy.

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1105
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Re: Post-RotJ Legends

Postby Kingpin » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:34 pm

Thrawn Trilogy is phenomenal. Having read both the novels and the comics, I actually preferred the comics. Other classics:
Dark Empire
Crimson Empire
Shadows of the Empire
Star Wars: Legacy (takes place after all of the legends, pretty much.)

Field Commander
User avatar
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:58 pm
Location: The Universe
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Re: Post-RotJ Legends

Postby commanderawesome » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:58 pm

And let's not forget about the saga of Kyle Katarn, the Jedi Knight Games.

Sergeant Major
User avatar
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:44 am
Location: Glasgow, tumblr.
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Re: Post-RotJ Legends

Postby ARC1778 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:12 pm

Already Read Thawn. :P Although I was about 12, so Might give the comics a go, what about all this, Leia and Han's Kids stuff?

I get very lost in the legacy era, I love the Fel empire, but I gt utterly confused with what the time-lines are.

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1105
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Re: Post-RotJ Legends

Postby Kingpin » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:33 am

ARC1778 wrote:Already Read Thawn. :P Although I was about 12, so Might give the comics a go, what about all this, Leia and Han's Kids stuff?

I get very lost in the legacy era, I love the Fel empire, but I gt utterly confused with what the time-lines are.


Leia and Han have 3 kids: Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin. You'll want to look at stuff around the New Republic Era, centering around the Yuuzhan Vong war and those events.

Sergeant Major
User avatar
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:44 am
Location: Glasgow, tumblr.
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Re: Post-RotJ Legends

Postby ARC1778 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:40 am

Kingpin wrote:
ARC1778 wrote:Already Read Thawn. :P Although I was about 12, so Might give the comics a go, what about all this, Leia and Han's Kids stuff?

I get very lost in the legacy era, I love the Fel empire, but I gt utterly confused with what the time-lines are.


Leia and Han have 3 kids: Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin. You'll want to look at stuff around the New Republic Era, centering around the Yuuzhan Vong war and those events.



Yeah, like I've read 2/3 of the colliean trillogy, which are really cool, but I never had -I think it's showdown at centerpoint station? This was back in the days before amazon....

But yah, what's the conrology for that sort of thing?

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1105
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Re: Post-RotJ Legends

Postby Kingpin » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:36 pm

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Republic_era
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Jedi_Order_era
This has all novels/comics/other in chronological order. The majority of the New Republic focuses on Luke, Leia, Han, and the original crew, whereas the New Jedi Order begins the next generation.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Legacy_era
The Legacy Era starts with major events surrounding Jacen Solo, then, after a large time gap, the Star Wars: Legacy comics begin.

Sergeant Major
User avatar
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:44 am
Location: Glasgow, tumblr.
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Re: Post-RotJ Legends

Postby ARC1778 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:55 pm

Kingpin wrote:http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Republic_era
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Jedi_Order_era
This has all novels/comics/other in chronological order. The majority of the New Republic focuses on Luke, Leia, Han, and the original crew, whereas the New Jedi Order begins the next generation.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Legacy_era
The Legacy Era starts with major events surrounding Jacen Solo, then, after a large time gap, the Star Wars: Legacy comics begin.


You mean
Hidden/Spoiler:
When he turns to the darkside? TBH I always thought that would be Anakin from the little I read.


That's awesome. Thank you. ^.^

Any recommendations one what's worth experiencing, and what's best just reading Wookiepedia for?

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1105
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Re: Post-RotJ Legends

Postby Kingpin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:56 pm

ARC1778 wrote:Any recommendations one what's worth experiencing, and what's best just reading Wookiepedia for?


I would highly advice you read the graphic novel for the Thrawn Trilogy. It really defined the Star Wars EU, and with the excellent visuals it's even more spectacular.

Return to Star Wars General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests