Dark Times II: Rising Son

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

FragMe!
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Not sure keep changing my mind.
Games I'm Playing :: F1 and SWBF
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Dark Times II: Rising Son

Post by FragMe! »

RED51 wrote:Nice Logo! Although the Death Star should be an explosion, it is nerveless very nice!
Except Luke hasn't blown it up yet :D

Very nice I like the fighter 2 symbol part.
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Hebes24 »

Nice one, Mav'! Excellent idea for the "II"
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

I know this is kinda breaking the rules, Mav, but I just wanted to ask... any estimation of when this'll be done and released? I'm guessing sometime during the summer like mid-summer perhaps?
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

I'm sure the answer is, as always, "when it's done." And you should know that modders don't like being asked for release dates. If they haven't said, they probably don't know themselves yet.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Nova Hawk wrote:I know this is kinda breaking the rules, Mav, but I just wanted to ask... any estimation of when this'll be done and released? I'm guessing sometime during the summer like mid-summer perhaps?
Why do you always ask when something is going to be released? Have you no patience?
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Ping wrote:
Nova Hawk wrote:I know this is kinda breaking the rules, Mav, but I just wanted to ask... any estimation of when this'll be done and released? I'm guessing sometime during the summer like mid-summer perhaps?
Why do you always ask when something is going to be released? Have you no patience?
Hey, I got great patience I was just asking politely of any estimation of when it'll be released. And second, I've rarely asked for a release date on any mod/map.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

I don't care about being asked the question. I would rather prefer not having to re-answer things I've already addressed in this thread, though:
http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 69#p369869
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Ok sorry, Mav. I thought since after adding all these maps and units that you might be nearing to a release.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Nova Hawk wrote:I thought since after adding all these maps and units that you might be nearing to a release.
I presume he is still going to change/update the other Support Classes, add the other game modes to the newer maps and work on Space Assault, that's a few months worth of work... however, Mav is capable of creating new content in an astonishingly short amount of time (Phase I Dark Trooper was done in, like, a day!), so I have no clue of what I'm talking about.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

You know I just realized something. With all this random loading stuff going about, testing must be a Pain in the [Ipad] for you! :P
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

He probably disables the random to test a single unittype.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

kinetosimpetus wrote:He probably disables the random to test a single unittype.
I do all my testing on a test map and load in unit classes directly. The randomization is only part of the actual mod.

In any case, here is a small update:
I went ahead and redid the head (and the corresponding texture) for the Mara Jade model since it could look a bit better:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I also added a pair of new heroes and hero support units for each side. I hadn't planned on adding any more, but I knew that one of the modes I was working on later would require some extra units anyway, and since I could turn two of those into heroes, I figured I'd just go the whole way and make them heroes and then balance it out for both teams.

Chewbacca
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons: Chewbacca's Bowcaster (charge), Fusion Cutter, Inspire Confidence, Thermal Detonators, Haywire Detonators
Chewbacca had been a back-up hero I'd had planned but never had any reason to include (since the heroes were already even enough for both sides). Since I had the opportunity here, it only made sense to not exclude one of the main characters from the movie. He's very similar to Han, equipment-wise. He has the same "hero" fusion cutter Han has, and his bowcaster can be charged up to fire a devastating spread of bolts in rapid succession.

Rebel Technician
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons: EI-11 Ion Mortar, Blaster Pistol, Fusion Cutter, Orbital Strike Beacon, Cryoban Detonators
The "Technician" hero support is one that shows up for both teams. It's different in that it represents a hero support that is a much more supporting role than an offensive one - in this case the Technician is primarily optimized for attacking vehicles. His Orbital Strike Beacon is a precision orbital strike that targets only a small area.

Leia Organa
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons: Leia's Sporting Blaster, Blaster Rifle, Leia's Resolve, Thermal Detonators
Leia's pretty well under-represented in Battlefront. Few mods use her extensively, probably because she's wearing that clumsy Episode-IV-dress on the stock model. She has several outfits that end up being much more practical - her Hoth, Bespin, and Endor garb. I thought the Bespin version was boring, and of the remaining two I liked her Endor-wear the best (sans poncho). Her buff - Leia's Resolve - is a dual-purpose buff/debuff. It'll both strengthen the defense of your allies and weaken the health of nearby enemies.

Rebel Field Medic
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons: Bacta Injector, Blaster Pistol, Bacta Mist Detonators, Melee Attack
Like the Technician hero supports, this is a hero support class that is also functionally a "support" class. His Bacta Injector heals units (including yourself), and his Bacta Mist Detonators turn a small area into a temporary continual health region for your allies. He's not very offensively powerful, but he can "turtle" like no one else.

IG-88
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons: IG-88's Blaster Rifle, IG-88's Pulse Cannon, Poison Gas Emitter
Like Chewbacca, IG-88 was a backup hero I'd kept in the wings if necessary (since it uses a stock model). I had planned on adding in IG-88 as a "flavor" local unit, but not as a hero unit, in some modes later on (like Kento Marek in the original version of Dark Times), but since I was going ahead and adding a couple bounty hunters as heroes, it would have been irresponsible to overlook IG-88 for someone less well-known.

Imperial Technician
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons: EI-11 Ion Mortar, Blaster Pistol, Fusion Cutter, Orbital Strike Beacon, Incinerator Detonators
You can see that this Technician is a virtual copy of the Rebel Technician above. This is the only hero support class that does this, and it's only because of the highly specialized nature of this particular class. The only notable difference is that the Imperial version has the more offensively-minded Incinerator Detonators to the Rebel's defensively-minded Cryoban Detonators.

Bossk
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons: Bossk's Mortar Gun, Concussion Detonators, Cluster Detonators
Bossk is what I blame for this whole set of heroes being added. As I mentioned above, I knew I was going to need a couple bounty hunters for later modes, and I wanted to use Bossk but I didn't want to use the JK2 model. Since I had to go ahead and model (kitbash) Bossk anyway, I went ahead and did the rest of the above heroes.

Rad Trooper
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons: Stouker Concussion Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Radiation Detonators
The Rad(iation) Trooper uses the same texture I used several times in Rebel Ops. Here he's presented as sort've a hybrid between JKA's "Hazard Troopers" (in Aquilaris these units were mislabeled as hazard troopers) and the "canonical" Rad Troopers. His Radiation Grenades are similar to normal grenades except that they also have a very long (but slight) health drain attached to them.
H_BOMB
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Location: That little box. You know, kinda toward the left side of the screen...

Post by H_BOMB »

Whoa! That was spontaneous... Anyways, it's looking great, especially the new Leia. My only complaint is... I can't see enough of Bossk because of his silly rifle!

Anyway, keep up the great work! It looks like it's coming along well.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Cool update Mav! :thumbs:
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

H_BOMB wrote:My only complaint is... I can't see enough of Bossk because of his silly rifle!
Less gun, more Bossk:
Hidden/Spoiler:
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

Reminds me of a Redead for some reason... I think that can be used as an insult to him... :P
impspy
Captain
Captain

Post by impspy »

Wow, nice update Mav :thumbs:
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Ha, so much for a small update. Every looks and sounds great, Mav. I'm really looking forward to this (as I've stated numerous times before). :)
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Post by acryptozoo »

wow Mav great update i hope to have more in the future :thumbs:
Null_1138
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Null_1138 »

All of those units look great! Can't wait for more.