Raxus Prime: Junk Canyon

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Raxus Prime: Junk Canyon

Post by Eggman »

My little contribution to The Dark Times. :wink:
Hidden/Spoiler:

For those of you who are familiar with it from the SWBFFiles contest, it's exactly the same, with the exception of a slight change in the lighting color. Mav might be making a few adjustments or additions of his own once I send him all the files.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Re: Raxus Prime: Junk Canyon

Post by Nova Hawk »

I knew this map was going to be added. How can you play the Dark Times and not have a Raxus Prime map?
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

I think you should find a new ground texture. One that looks more.... trashy. Some reskinned rock foliage would also make the map look better.
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Sky_216 »

Some more smog and possibly random on/off rain would be nice too. :)
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

That 3rd pic SCREAMS TFU. Great work!
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Eggman »

To be honest, I agree that the ground texture should be changed. But I'll let that be Mav's call. :)
darthtyren
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: RotS [Media section for details]
Games I'm Playing :: Lego Harry Potter

Post by darthtyren »

Nova Hawk wrote:I knew this map was going to be added. How can you play the Dark Times and not have a Raxus Prime map?
What about Cloud City? You can't play it without Cloud City either.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

darthtyren wrote:
Nova Hawk wrote:I knew this map was going to be added. How can you play the Dark Times and not have a Raxus Prime map?
What about Cloud City? You can't play it without Cloud City either.
As I've said before this mod is not about recreating The Force Unleashed. I chose this map not because it was in The Force Unleashed, but because it was a good map and will make a good fit with the mod. I have no intention of making any maps that are direct copies of a map from any other game - that's not to say I wouldn't accept maps that were, but my goal is a well-polished, original mod and not a recreation of anything.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Dang, that shoots my entry. I was going to submit a Raxus Prime map. No matter, this one rocks. :thumbs:
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Junk Canyon was actually my favorite map in the contest, so... yeah, I guess I don't have to say anything. It's nice of you to keep working on your contest maps, even after the contest is over.
Teancum wrote:Dang, that shoots my entry. I was going to submit a Raxus Prime map. No matter, this one rocks. :thumbs:
I obviously don't know how your map looks like, but perhaps with a few changes to the visual style and a different name, you could still submit it as something else.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Nihillo wrote:
Teancum wrote:Dang, that shoots my entry. I was going to submit a Raxus Prime map. No matter, this one rocks. :thumbs:
I obviously don't know how your map looks like, but perhaps with a few changes to the visual style and a different name, you could still submit it as something else.
I know this mod is not a TFU remake, but using it as an example, Starkiller went to Raxus twice in the game, both times being a completely different experience. 100% agreeing with Nihilo on this one.

Back on topic: Looks great, Eggman! It does remind me alot of the game, but then, it's so dissimilar as well, so it doesn't (which is a good thing, lol). If I could make a suggestion? Floating ship chunks (again, using the game as an example) that are the asteroids from Space Tatooine would add a nice effect to the atmosphere, if it's at all possible.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Eggman »

I figure you still have a pretty large stake in this one, considering that you made the assets from The Clone Wars available to everyone here. I love the Raxus Prime assets; this entire map is based around a single object from them. :)

As for objects floating through the sky: even before the contest came around, I had been bouncing around ideas for a Raxus Prime map, and one thing I really wanted to do was the junk floating through the sky. I eventually scrapped the idea when this became a canyon map because you wouldn't really be able to see it.
bobfinkl
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Lots of unreleased stuff
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by bobfinkl »

Very nice job, I agree with everyone else about the new ground texture it should be far more... trashy for lack of a better term. Oh and you may want to add some larger bits of trash that stand out more and give each area a bit of a landmark object to help know where you are and just look better overall.
CaptainOrdo
Private Second Class

Post by CaptainOrdo »

I like the ground texture, honestly, it reminds me of the Clone Wars game speeder bike sequence. Great job im looking forward to playing
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

It has been a bit since I've shown any progress - I have spent a lot of time catching up on retrofitting maps for Control mode as well as touching maps up that were submitted. I've had a veritable flood of people showing me maps to be added - so thanks!

In any case, here is some of the progress I can show:
Hidden/Spoiler:
What I've done in the past week has been this:
1) Set up two new vehicles for the new maps
2) Add in Raxus Prime
3) Set up control modes for Taris, Sullust, Korriban, and Raxus Prime

I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but each new map coming in needs to be set up with new skies and lighting, and control mode is... not easy to balance. Fortunately for me, Raxus Prime was a particularly easy map to add in thanks to the great work Eggman already put into it (I had no real tweaking of barriers, props, pathing, etc. to do). Now that I am caught up with control modes it should be pretty easy for me to get the next few maps done and in.
sampip
General
General
Projects :: Something big. And exciting.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3
xbox live or psn: masowner66

Post by sampip »

Sounds good! Did you add the pillars to Raxus Prime? I don't think they should be sinking into the crashed ship like that, more balancing on it. I can't see it properly because of the view but its the only thing I can spot. The rain looks nice. Looking forward to it :D
Blade117
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Blade117 »

Maveritchell wrote:What I've done in the past week has been this:
1) Set up two new vehicles for the new maps
2) Add in Raxus Prime
3) Set up control modes for Taris, Sullust, Korriban, and Raxus Prime

I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but each new map coming in needs to be set up with new skies and lighting, and control mode is... not easy to balance. Fortunately for me, Raxus Prime was a particularly easy map to add in thanks to the great work Eggman already put into it (I had no real tweaking of barriers, props, pathing, etc. to do). Now that I am caught up with control modes it should be pretty easy for me to get the next few maps done and in.
And after that... :faint: potential release I hope.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Blade117 wrote:And after that... :faint: potential release I hope.
Far from it. I have more maps I want to add in, and more modes.
Blade117
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Blade117 »

Shame, at least there is progress. How many maps are you planning to add anyways?
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

All I can say is that this mod is gonna pwn.