Nar Shaddaa: Docks

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Nar Shaddaa: Docks

Post by Maveritchell »

sampip wrote:but how long do you usually spend on making these maps per day/week? You seem to be able to come up with brilliant maps like this in a short space of time. Do you have to set yourself a schedule or something like that?
If I work on something, I work on only that. I don't work consistently, map after map after map, but once I've decided on a map idea I can usually work it out pretty fast. Usually no more than a couple weeks for a map like this - but that's just a function of having lots of practice with the game and not having to test what works and/or how.

I know I could spend a lot more time making higher-quality art for the maps (especially when I model them), but new asset creation is the biggest time sink for me (all the sound design, map planning, ZE work, etc. was done in probably just a couple days), and what I enjoy most is putting a concept in-game - not making the assets. I'll usually only do good-enough models so that I can move on to the next concept. This is obviously not ideal, but it's what I enjoy most.
sampip
General
General
Projects :: Something big. And exciting.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3
xbox live or psn: masowner66

Post by sampip »

Oh, that's interesting to know. I can see what you mean about how putting something ingame is the best part, it must be very satisfying to see your own models and assets being there in front of you after a week and a half or so's work on the assets! Thanks for answering :)
RC-1207
Private Second Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RC-1207 »

Mav, your maps never cease to amaze me. This is an amazing map. How many more maps do you plan to make for this mod?
Master_Ben
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: Watching your PC over your shoulder. No, the other sholder....

Post by Master_Ben »

:shock: Looks great as usual, Mav'.
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Post by acryptozoo »

map looks really good :thumbs: great job :D