Dark Times II: Rising Son - Released!

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Re: Dark Times II: Rising Son - Released!

Post by Nihillo »

MrCrayon wrote:HEY! I have an idea!!!! How about when the new force unleashed comes out, somebody (meaning the usual guys who do this) releases a map that mimics the first level (Kamino)

with a movie intro!!! That would be a dark times add on or something. The first dark times kind of did it, but imagine!
Well, you know the sayin', if you want something done, do it yourself.
Lagomorphia wrote:Do any of the powers use the choking animation? I thought Force Crush might (is that meaned to be Force Crush as in KotOR II?) but it just makes them drop dead.
Yeah, Force Crush is not as visually impressive as, say, Force Lightning, but that makes sense; when a force user unleashes this power upon someone, the victim's bones and internal organs are instantly crushed into a messy pulp (think of what Mace Windu did to General Grievous, but with a living being), this is a very violent and gruesome act, but it still looks kind of subtle, since it is all happening inside the victim.
("realistically" speaking, you would still see the effects in said victim's broken body after his death, but Battlefront II does not seem to support such a function, and even if it did, I doubt Mav would add in such a gory mess to Battlefront II).
AgentSmith_#27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Projects I am ready to unveil
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-MW2-Madden 08
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by AgentSmith_#27 »

Unless you mind, as soon as I finish the campaign I'll post a full review here. (I feel something so big warrants my opinion) I do like the tow cable, I was considering how feasible it'd be to add a fibercord whip to Boba Fett's armament. The ordnance effect could be the same as the tow cable, the hit effect could be a variation of the original healing effect, and then the only problem would be if you could make it last. As far as I've seen, there's no "direct" way to freeze a unit like that.. I'm not saying you should add this in any future installments, I'm just wondering if it's possible.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Nice job on the campaign, Mav, I'm loving it so far. I just finished Mon Cal. All of these maps have been extremely well made. Congrats!
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

Though I have been unable to play it so far, I would like to congratulate you. I noticed this while on moddb.com
Hidden/Spoiler:
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Space Anoat was fun. :D
MetalcoreRancor
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Games I'm Playing :: swbf origin

Post by MetalcoreRancor »

Not sure if this was brought up before, but one thing I found as an inconsistancy, is Yoda's second light attack lacks deflection. Not sure if this is intended or not. But I thoroughly enjoyed playing Yoda :)
Private Second Class

Post by 0001111000 »

Hey Mav the mod is brilliant i've played every map and enjoyed every single one my only problem is with this mod is for some reason my other maps i've downloaded aren't showing up when they are in my addon folder and the same goes for the campaign you included. I have consulted the campaigns documentation you included and searched for the file on my computer to move it but its not there.
fiddler_on_the_roof
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by fiddler_on_the_roof »

:faint: x 10,000

awesome job. I love the cGC and all the new modes. the work is spectacular. 15/10
CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: BF4 SWBF2 Skyrim
xbox live or psn: UBERMEISTER32

Post by CommanderFixer »

I just got this yesterday, Mav.... I was beyond impressed. The maps were put together so well. I can't imagine the effort you put into it. :bowdown: By the way, Coronet Rail has become a favorite among Role Players. I was stumped on one thing about that map: Was the city moving, or was the rail moving? Very nice job.
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

im shure the city is moving because units cant move properly in moving objects in battlefront
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

http://www.xfire.com/video/31c25a/

Corellia Corenet Rail glitch. Might answer some questions about whether the city is moving or the train is...

EDIT: Credit goes to [TGOP]Fireskull for finding the glitch.
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

To be realistic, for a luxury vehicle the windows are far too opaque. Realistically, you should barely be able to tell panes of glass are actually there.
CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by CommanderFixer »

Interesting.... most interesting. Balmorra was fun. Why does a Correllian Corvette pull up to the Docking bay though? Does that simulate some sort of "Boarding Party"? It would be fun if you had disabled the shield, but I see why you didn't. Using free cam, I discovered Balmorra to look like the outside of Tantive IV interior, or Endar Spire...... Slightly disappointed, but point taken. :wink: It was surely worth deleting about half of the mod maps I had for this. :thumbs:
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

Eaol wrote:To be realistic, for a luxury vehicle the windows are far too opaque. Realistically, you should barely be able to tell panes of glass are actually there.
Well, they don't call it the "Dark Times" for nothing do they?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

MetalcoreRancor wrote:Not sure if this was brought up before, but one thing I found as an inconsistancy, is Yoda's second light attack lacks deflection.
No, it doesn't.
To be realistic, for a luxury vehicle the windows are far too opaque.
:roll:
To be realistic, it's a shaking wheeled train in a universe where maglev/hover trains exist. To be realistic, there aren't any visible bathrooms but there are staterooms. The windows are more opaque than they "should" be so that the player can actually see the windows. I could even justify the dirty windows vis a vis city pollution and the like, but why should I even have to? Is this really a criticism?
I have consulted the campaigns documentation you included and searched for the file on my computer to move it but its not there.
From the campaign documentation:
If you do not see the campaign here, as indicated in the picture above, you will need to browse to your "...Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\DATA\_LVL_PC" folder. The file called "custom_gc_11.lvl," which was included with your download, will need to be placed into this folder.
If it's not there, then reextract it with the installer. If it's not there and everything else is in the correct place, then you deleted this file at some point.
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

shaking wheeled train
Is it? I thought it was a maglev like in Jedi Academy.

Are the roof and floor textures on the Star Destroyer interior corridors on Space Mon Calamari the right way round? They're the other way around on Balmorra, which I thought looked
better.

Nice lava update on Sullust by the way. I've still got the old one for the KotOR missions though.
Why does a Corellian Corvette pull up to the Docking bay though?
Play the first mission of the campaign and all will be clear. :D
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Lagomorphia wrote:
shaking wheeled train
It's not really defined as anything, but it is shaking and making noises that a maglev or hover train wouldn't make. It's an inconsistency in-universe, but I did it to make the train "feel" more substantial to the player. If it were less shaky or just humming along, it might be more realistic, but it would be less interesting.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Maveritchell wrote:
Lagomorphia wrote:
shaking wheeled train
It's not really defined as anything, but it is shaking and making noises that a maglev or hover train wouldn't make. It's an inconsistency in-universe, but I did it to make the train "feel" more substantial to the player. If it were less shaky or just humming along, it might be more realistic, but it would be less interesting.
Besides, the train in Jedi Academy shakes just as much (if not more).
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by CommanderFixer »

Well, I did discover your tactic. The back part of the maps goes down beneath the map, and pops up in front of the train (I explained it bad)...... That must have taken a lot of work. It's hard enough for me to animate a tiny little ship on and off a landing pad. :faint: :wink: