Dark Times II: Rising Son - Released!

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

AgentSmith_#27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Projects I am ready to unveil
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-MW2-Madden 08
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Dark Times II: Rising Son - Released!

Post by AgentSmith_#27 »

I actually did get to that part of the readme, I just thought that would only take effect in the case that I used the installer.
I posted in FragMe!'s fix topic that I didn't think it worked).

Bad! Bad Maveritchell, Bad! :lol: Good to know though, especially considering the Mod I'm working on right now.

One thought I have to say is that the "balance" seems more like every class being really bad than every class being balanced (though this is probably just due to me not being able to stand 3 inches from an ai without getting killed)
fasty
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Server modding
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by fasty »

Dang I missed everything :x . Gonna have another server again anytime?
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

I finished the campaign! It was really good and well-made. Congrats Mav!
DarthHamster
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by DarthHamster »

I just played through all the maps on all the modes and it was I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E. I loved everything and man those maps were well done. When some of those maps are in the sunset sky dome it looks like I'm in some kind of paradise. The Control Mode and V.I.P. mode were brilliant editions and in my opinion very clever ideas. Now I'm off to play the campaign which I'm sure will be stupendous as well. :thumbs:
Null_1138
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Null_1138 »

Mav, you have just made my return to normality that much better. :bowdown:
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

It won't download for me. I've tried it on three seperate computers; two of them can't get onto the download page and the one I'm using now (probably the slowest one of the three) gets to the page where it says 'Download Now', I click it, and it takes ages to load then redirects to the filefront homepage.

I've got a fourth and final computer left to try, but is there any chance you could upload it to Gametoast or something as well?

This is happening with Marvel4's Geonosis Spire conversion too, so Filefront itself seems to be the source of the problem rather than the Dark Times II mod.

EDIT: Fourth computer died at Filefront with the words 'Website cannot be opened, operation aborted'. Rebooting the Internet connection also did not work.
fasty
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by fasty »

<3
Hidden/Spoiler:

@Lagomorphia

I would think it's probably just FileFront failing again. Try later.
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

You're right, it's probably a combination of my computer being slow and Filefront failing working together to ruin my day.

Or at least they would if not for the fact that Dark Times II is downloading now. :D Geonosis Spire still won't however. I'll just busy myself playing what is likely the equivalent of Battlefronts 3, 4, 5 and 7 put together. (Don't ask about Battlefront 6. Nobody speaks about Battlefront 6. Such a terrible game. :D ).
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

^Good joke about the never made 'BF6"

Is the server going to be up again? I really enjoyed guner assault on Nar Shaddaa, even though I kept falling off the catwalks when I spawned or when a mortar blast happened. But I loved it all the same. And I fell off when I spawned because I use a controller instead of a keyboard and my character moves by itself sometimes unless its crouched.
lucasfart
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by lucasfart »

Its so hard to choose a favourite map out of all these. I like them all so much! I would have to say though, that I probably like Nar Shaada and Fest the best.....not that the rest are bad or anything :wink:

I also encountered one or two guys bumping into objects, but apart from that, everything was perfect!
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

fasty wrote:I would think it's probably just FileFront failing again. Try later.
If anyone has a problem with the Filefront link, a link to a ModDB mirror has been added to the first post.

Re: Server - I'll try and put up a server again later today. I had lots of fun playing with you guys yesterday, and I did enjoy whenever we made it back to Nar Shaddaa hero assault. :)
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

If I can, I'll try to join sooner than the last minute of the last map this time. :yes:
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

Fantastic work mav! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Great work on all the units, and maps. And i really like the campaign :music: :eek:
Maveritchell wrote:
fasty wrote:I would think it's probably just FileFront failing again. Try later.
If anyone has a problem with the Filefront link, a link to a ModDB mirror has been added to the first post.

Re: Server - I'll try and put up a server again later today. I had lots of fun playing with you guys yesterday, and I did enjoy whenever we made it back to Nar Shaddaa hero assault. :)
:D I'll try to be at the server! :thumbs:
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

Grrrr... I missed you guys! I was too busy replaying the campaign!
In any case, I think you have out done your self Mav! My mind is going nuts though on how you'll might top this! I haven't played any instant action yet, but, as I said already, played the campaign twice and it was very fun! The only downside to this mod that I can think of is that it is so mission heavy... but other then that, this mod is fun! :thumbs:
fasty
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by fasty »

I must say some of the parts of the campaign do get a little difficult when you fight fields upon, fields of bots. I've gone through it three, and a half times and done them all on instant action, and I must say Dantooine is most definitely my favorite of the maps.
skelltor
Sith
Sith
Projects :: BFSM
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: skelltor95

Post by skelltor »

i have been playing it all morning and i love it. The campaign rocks :thumbs: i will try to get on the server today.
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

Got one minor bug:

-The plasma torch icon just displays the head instead of the whole plasma torch now (intentional?)

Before I play the rest. Thnx for fixing the *sinking autoturret* bridges on Sullust :thumbs:
TML
Private Second Class

Post by TML »

Maveritchell wrote: Re: Server - I'll try and put up a server again later today. I had lots of fun playing with you guys yesterday, and I did enjoy whenever we made it back to Nar Shaddaa hero assault. :)
Great! I'll definitely join! I had a lot of fun last time :D

Also, I was playing as the Empire and was fighting Han Solo when one of the Stormtroopers said "Look out, it's Solo, and he's shooting first this time! Not fair!", was this an easter egg you added? If so, it's great! :thumbs:
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

TML wrote:
Maveritchell wrote: Re: Server - I'll try and put up a server again later today. I had lots of fun playing with you guys yesterday, and I did enjoy whenever we made it back to Nar Shaddaa hero assault. :)
Great! I'll definitely join! I had a lot of fun last time :D

Also, I was playing as the Empire and was fighting Han Solo when one of the Stormtroopers said "Look out, it's Solo, and he's shooting first this time! Not fair!", was this an easter egg you added? If so, it's great! :thumbs:
That's an ingame Easter Egg by the developers. Putting in voiced dialogue by modders is ridiculously difficult.
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

I noticed on Nar Shaddaa that there was a stormtrooper transport from you're Rebel Ops Mission 2: The Big "L". Easter Egg? Oh, and on Kashyyk, there were some buildings that disappeared when you moved away from them, and reappeared when you moved closer. It sometimes got frusterating when you shot and hit sometinhg invisible then moved closer and saw that it was a building.

Jabba's Palace-Wave: I did it, but I can't find the secret objective you do to unlock the last wave. Hint?

^Has anyone ever tried in-game modder dialogue?