Dark Times II: Rising Son - Released!

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Dark Times II: Rising Son - Released!

Post by Maveritchell »

Here you go! This is the full release for Dark Times II: Rising Son.

The download is a .zip file, and included in that .zip file is a readme.txt, which should be read before installing. Also included is a folder with documentation, which can be read while the installer is working.

Thanks for giving it a try, and enjoy!

(I'll be hosting a server later on in the day, so if you're interested, take some time to get acquainted with the new maps, modes, units, etc., and when we're online I can add maps or modes by request.)

Download "Rising Son" (361 MB)
ModDB download mirror
SWBFFiles download mirror
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Re: Dark Times II: Rising Son - Released!

Post by Eaol »

This is fun

On a scale of one to NOICE, thats pretty [diet dr pepper] NOICE!
Last edited by Eaol on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blade117
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by Blade117 »

*insert hallelujah chorus here*
Thanks for all the work on this Mav, I'm sure it will be great.
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Post by acryptozoo »

OMG this is one of the best mods ever thx lot mav :runaway:
chubber
Private
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by chubber »

YAAAY! If there wasn't a no spam rule I would :spam: this message with so many yays! Downloading now!!! :faint:

I am over my mission count though :shock: . Is there a way to remove missions manually? For example, I never play capture the flag, can I remove all the CTF missions??
Last edited by chubber on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
TML
Private Second Class

Post by TML »

Maveritchell wrote: (I'll be hosting a server later on in the day, so if you're interested, take some time to get acquainted with the new maps, modes, units, etc., and when we're online I can add maps or modes by request.)
Sounds fun! I usually don't play online, but I'll definately try to find some time today get on the server!
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

Downloading now! And do you have a specific time range that you're going to host the server in?
AgentSmith_#27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Projects I am ready to unveil
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-MW2-Madden 08

Post by AgentSmith_#27 »

I'll probably join... If the download finishes today... 1 hour, 42 minutes remaining (and my internet is at top speed too)
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Just an fyi for those of you downloading...

Despite the ReadMe saying to install to the ...\BattlefrontII folder, don't, install to gamedata like the installer says to. Had to move some files around afterward. >.>
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

Hey, I extracted the downloaded files (4 total) to my desktop. I double-clicked the installer, pressed "Run", and waited. I went to lunch, then came back and there was still no installer going on. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Went to Task Manager and selected the properties of "Rising Son.exe. I noticed that at the bottom it said "This file came from another computer and might be blocked" or something like that. There was an "unblock" option. I selected it, and a few moments later the installer started.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Fusion wrote:Despite the ReadMe saying to install to the ...\BattlefrontII folder, don't, install to gamedata like the installer says to. Had to move some files around afterward. >.>
You need to make sure to pay attention to where the installer is directing you to. It creates a GameData folder in its default directory location, and if you select a different location, the installer appends \GameData to the install path. As long as you let it be automated and just select your "Star Wars Battlefront II" folder, then it will work. If you're manually typing it in or if you remove the "\GameData" from the install path after it has been automatically added for you, then you will see the abovementioned.
TML
Private Second Class

Post by TML »

I've been playing it and Mav, you've really out done yourself! This has to be one of the best Battlefront mods out there! When do you think you'll have the server up? :thumbs:
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

^What he said. I've been playing the campaign, and that outshines whatever Pandemic gave us.
If you wanted to, you could slap a Star Wars Battlefront 3 logo on this mod and be able to pass it off as a real one.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

I believe I am going to faint. :faint: I can't believe the day has finally come!! I downloading this as soon as I get home tomorrow. You always go way beyond the call of duty, Mav.

Three cheers for Maveritchell!
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

If you're online, look for a server called "Rising Son." It'll be up and down today, so if you don't see it, don't worry - but make sure to search all regions.
AgentSmith_#27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by AgentSmith_#27 »

inky wrote:^What he said. I've been playing the campaign, and that outshines whatever Pandemic gave us.
If you wanted to, you could slap a Star Wars Battlefront 3 logo on this mod and be able to pass it off as a real one.

That's what I saw people saying for the conversion pack, and tbh I was very disappointed in the end.

I've only played a few levels, and so far I'm really liking the maps and sides, but don't see why control mode is a necessary addition, it seems really so similar to conquest that IMO it's not worth the extra space and missions it takes up. But so far my biggest gripe is this: When my download finished, I deleted the 1.3 r129 installer because I thought: I've already been through this, and it is now set up the way I like, good thing I don't have to deal with it again. Well, I was wrong. I started up my game and BLAMMO, I was greeted with a lovely changed HUD.

It is pretty distracting, instead of finding myself in awe of how great this mod is, I keep thinking: Gee, I hope that this doesn't happen with every mod I download from now on.

Edit: I've been playing the campaign and just finished the 3rd (i think) mission, pretty good so far, I noticed that the electrostaff has a HUD icon other than the typical saber icon, I was wondering how you did that, because I had read that the floating icons fix didn't work with melee weapons.
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

There's a new HUD?
AgentSmith_#27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by AgentSmith_#27 »

The same one that the 1.3 patch adds, I prefer the original because for one thing your field of view is diminished with the new, more "realistic" HUD. Also I prefer black lettering or numbers as opposed to white, for some reason mine is still white, even when removing the HUD changes.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

AgentSmith_#27 wrote:because I had read that the floating icons fix didn't work with melee weapons.
You read that where? It doesn't matter whether it is a melee weapon or not, the fix will work for all weapons.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

AgentSmith_#27 wrote:When my download finished, I deleted the 1.3 r129 installer because I thought: I've already been through this, and it is now set up the way I like, good thing I don't have to deal with it again. Well, I was wrong. I started up my game and BLAMMO, I was greeted with a lovely changed HUD.
In my defense, the readme.txt covers this, and it explains exactly what settings the 1.3 patch has. As always "read me."

The melee weapon HUDs work fine; I don't know where you got this idea (okay I do, I posted in FragMe!'s fix topic that I didn't think it worked). :wink: