Dark Times II: Rising Son - Released!

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Re: Dark Times II: Rising Son - Released!

Post by Nihillo »

Darth_Squoobus wrote:Well, I felt the side mission involving holocrons wasn't worth losing my fleet over after a while. My patience wore thin after I regained the landing zone only to realize there were only 9 units left.
Taris is the hardest part of that side-quest, but it isn't impossible; you must gather all holocrons as quickly as you can to win, try buying bonuses...
You should have no problems completing the journey, once you have cleared Taris.
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Sky_216 »

Nihillo wrote:
Darth_Squoobus wrote:Well, I felt the side mission involving holocrons wasn't worth losing my fleet over after a while. My patience wore thin after I regained the landing zone only to realize there were only 9 units left.
Taris is the hardest part of that side-quest, but it isn't impossible; you must gather all holocrons as quickly as you can to win, try buying bonuses...
You should have no problems completing the journey, once you have cleared Taris.
Found the Rogue Repulsor Trooper was a huge help on that one actually...
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

only to realize there were only 9 units left.
Well, if it really starts to annoy you there's always Set Team Reinforcements... :P

Finished the campaign yesterday. Tibrin and Taris lagged quite badly, even when I turned the graphics down, but that's just my slow computer. Otherwise it was really fun and a good use of a day.

It was a nice suprise to see Lord Starkiller (Sith Stalker) appear. The first time I saw him was Kashyyyk V.I.P in the middle of my sniper scope. I also liked seeing the AI landing transports, but it only seemed to work on Mon Calamari. On every other map I played they just fly around and crash into frigates as usual.

Are certain heros always paired? I've only ever fought Thermill when Fett is my hero, when Vader has appeared so has Bail Organa, and Marek and Jade seem to always end up together,as do Space Fett and Space Darklighter. Also, are certain heros more common than others. Vader turns up alot.

I've come across some bugs too. I can't switch teams or unlock the hero unit anymore (I could on the first two maps I played after downloading and on Space Mon Calamari which I played just after finishing the campaign) unless I use the Fake Console. This is happening in space maps and land maps. Also, on the Endor mission when you have to lead the rebel army to the bunker they just head south and wander off into the forest instead of following me.

Finally, is there a trick to the lightsaber combat? I've read the guide and can do force finishes (it took me a while to work out that Marek needs to do four heavy attacks rather than three to perform a force finish), but blocking is difficult and it's very hard to defeat Jedi without alot of charged lightning.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Lagomorphia wrote:I also liked seeing the AI landing transports, but it only seemed to work on Mon Calamari. On every other map I played they just fly around and crash into frigates as usual.
They only land in hangars in Space Mon Calamari.
Lagomorphia wrote:Are certain heros always paired?
As far as I know, no, they aren't.
Lagomorphia wrote:Also, are certain heros more common than others. Vader turns up alot.
That depends; refer to Mav's Day 1 countdown post for more info.
Lagomorphia wrote:Finally, is there a trick to the lightsaber combat? I've read the guide and can do force finishes (it took me a while to work out that Marek needs to do four heavy attacks rather than three to perform a force finish), but blocking is difficult and it's very hard to defeat Jedi without alot of charged lightning.
Marek's Force Finisher is on the third heavy attack, just like everyone else's. I used to have some difficulty with blocking/light attacks too, but then I assigned the right mouse button as my "block" key, took me a while to get used to the new controls but it worked great from then on. You should try that.

Edit: Mav, do you have plans for a Rebel Ops update that adds in the Dark Times II content?
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

Nihillo wrote:
Lagomorphia wrote:I also liked seeing the AI landing transports, but it only seemed to work on Mon Calamari. On every other map I played they just fly around and crash into frigates as usual.
They only land in hangars in Space Mon Calamari.

Was that a bug or was it on purpose?

Oh, and can someoone tell me if the stormtrooper transport in Nar Shaddaa is an easter egg?
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

Stormtrooper transport? Where's that?

Can you do anything with it? Mavertichell's easter eggs tend to be things you do rather than see, such as fixing the Rebel Espionage Transmitter on Space Endor. If it's jsut a prop it's probably scenery. You see TIE fighters flying through the sky too.

Is there going to be an updated/amalgamated Sullust: Jedi Conclave? I've got two copies at the moment, the KotOR assault one and Dark Times II one, and I wondered if they might be released as one map, maybe with the KotOR Jedi/Sith units switched to the Dark Times dueling system.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Aw man... now I wish I had BF2 installed again...
skelltor
Sith
Sith
Projects :: BFSM
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: skelltor95

Post by skelltor »

is there any chance of someone making a dedicated server for this? (i woulde but my pcs rather slow for one) or will the server but up again today?
RED51
Jedi
Jedi

Post by RED51 »

Grr... I hope its on during the evening, cause I won't be able online before that...
fasty
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Server modding
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by fasty »

I noticed while I was doing the first mission, it wouldn't let me quit. I clicked quit and, it just restarted the battle :| . Don't think that's normal.
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

The tow cables do nothing.

EDIT: oops, missed the boat again.
Last edited by Darth_Squoobus on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

Darth_Squoobus wrote:The tow cables do nothing.
They do work, they do exactly what they're supposed to do
and you missed Maveritchell announcement on Vace where he says that the tow cable will be a weapon, not a gadget.
skelltor
Sith
Sith
Projects :: BFSM
xbox live or psn: skelltor95

Post by skelltor »

When you shoot one into someone they pull the unit towards you.
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

How do you use the Force Grip power? All it does for me is make a unit hover in the air with its falling action for a second, then drop down nigh unharmed.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Force Grip is mainly to paralyze a unit for a moment to get in a few slashes. Then, when they get up again, you use it again and repeat until dead.

This works the best when you have host online. :roll:
RC-1192
Private Second Class

Post by RC-1192 »

It's Here... :faint: :faint:
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Fusion wrote:Force Grip is mainly to paralyze a unit for a moment to get in a few slashes. Then, when they get up again, you use it again and repeat until dead.
It is also an unblockable combo breaker that doesn't kick your opponent far away like the Force Finisher might. Its real use is against other heroes in setting up an initial saber attack.
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

Do any of the powers use the choking animation? I thought Force Crush might (is that meaned to be Force Crush as in KotOR II?) but it just makes them drop dead.
MrCrayon
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Projects :: Coruscant map Want to help PM me
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 3

Post by MrCrayon »

HEY! I have an idea!!!! How about when the new force unleashed comes out, somebody (meaning the usual guys who do this) releases a map that mimics the first level (Kamino)

with a movie intro!!! That would be a dark times add on or something. The first dark times kind of did it, but imagine!
fasty
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Server modding
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by fasty »

@MrCrayon

This goes in the idea thread :P.

http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 25&t=17425