Dark Times II: Rising Son - Released!

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

chubber
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Dark Times II: Rising Son - Released!

Post by chubber »

This is awesome. But sometimes, I don't get to choose sides. I start the map and I am automatically assigned to a side and I cannot switch. Is there anyway to turn this off, or is this some bug?
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

If this is the same problem I have then you won't be able to unlock the hero without aid of the Fake Console either. It happens after playing wave mode. Restart the game and it should be fixed.

As for the crazy rockets thing, it's probably a glitch related to multiplayer. I remember a glitch I had on BF1 where whenever I played as a Dark Trooper on my brother's screen the shotgun which the BF1 Darktrooper carried fired thermal detonators. They acted like thermals to. Ouch.
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

chubber wrote:This is awesome. But sometimes, I don't get to choose sides. I start the map and I am automatically assigned to a side and I cannot switch. Is there anyway to turn this off, or is this some bug?

Do you see the symbol of the side that you're on in the upper-middle of the unit-select screen?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

chubber wrote:This is awesome. But sometimes, I don't get to choose sides. I start the map and I am automatically assigned to a side and I cannot switch. Is there anyway to turn this off, or is this some bug?
Whenever you play any map that uses campaign settings in singleplayer (wave mode, campaign mode, etc.), the next map you play will force you onto team 1 (which is usually Imperials). Go back to the instant action screen and restart your map lineup.
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

How does the disguise kit work? I use it and the AI normally don't shoot me, but sometimes they do, even if I haven't fired a weapon.
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

Lagomorphia wrote:How does the disguise kit work? I use it and the AI normally don't shoot me, but sometimes they do, even if I haven't fired a weapon.
The disguise is probably about as see thru as a bothan cloaking device (no offense bothans)

Normally if u are in RL even close inspection can't crack ur disguise if u have the full armor set and all the soldiers are exactly the same is another flaw (no offense stormies)

But this is game mechanics.
Its meant to be unrealistic for the sake of game practicality (no offense games)

Besides, if u could be invisible, wouldnt be fun not being hit wouldnt it? takes away the game's edge (no offense :mrgreen: )
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Lagomorphia wrote:How does the disguise kit work? I use it and the AI normally don't shoot me, but sometimes they do, even if I haven't fired a weapon.
Generally, getting too close to them tends to make them start shooting you.
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

So it's like the Tusken Disguise in KotOR 1? They don't attack unless you get too close or attack them?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

If you put it on out of sight of enemies they won't attack you, but donning it where the enemy sees you will not help you.
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

^So after you put on the disguise outy of sight of enemies you can go into the sight of enemies and be okay?
K9Underdogg

Post by K9Underdogg »

inky wrote:^So after you put on the disguise outy of sight of enemies you can go into the sight of enemies and be okay?
I think they only shoot you if you attack them, but it's quite handy when you need to get to some strategic point and there's enemy troopers in your way.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Lagomorphia wrote:How does the disguise kit work?
1. Find a secluded spot and put on your disguise;
2. Walk into enemy territory;
3. Avoid eye contact and pretend you know where you are going;
4. Try to mantain some distance between you and enemies, don't stay in one spot for too long or they'll get suspicious;
5. Casually walk into a CP, pull out your sniper rifle, charge it and shoot at an Imperial trooper when he's not looking;
6. Remove your disguise and capture the CP;
7. Brag about your mad sneaking skillz.
MrCrayon
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Projects :: Coruscant map Want to help PM me
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 3

Post by MrCrayon »

hey. I like the Col Serra and the renegades. nice touch. However, he looked a little skinny to be Col Serra...or maybe that's just the PSP widescreen that makes him look fat. Also is there a level where Mara Jade shows up frequently? \i saw her on \sullust but I couldn't choose my team so...
CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: BF4 SWBF2 Skyrim
xbox live or psn: UBERMEISTER32

Post by CommanderFixer »

I like this mod, as I said about a trillion times, but I'm sort of disappointed that the post Battle of Yavin period occurs more often than the original on the maps now. That's just me, I guess. I've never really played singleplayer with DTII. I'm wondering if anyone who STILL has the first DT can play with people who have the second. I mean, only about twice or three times have I seen the pre-Battle of Yavin sides after installing this. It's not really that bad, but I just liked those sides. Oh well. It gets annoying that you featured the sticky mortars, people will misuse it and really mess up the server if you are roleplaying or AFK, speaking from experience. Otherwise, this is okay. Very well done. :bowdown: :stormie:
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

The ABY sides are only more prevalent on the new maps, and that is because they have more variety as far as hero and hero support units go. It's an even split on the stock maps. Since the BBY sides have fewer heroes than the ABY sides, statistically speaking, it should still work out that you get to play each individual hero/hero support about as much as any other (although units that are used in both time periods will obviously have a slightly better chance of appearing), and the basic units are almost irrelevant as there are very little in the way of differences (Duros Merc/Honor Guard and Heavy Trooper/Dark Trooper are the only notable changes).

I can't speak of course for how exactly each individual person's experience will be, since it is random, but over time the balance will be there. Online will be different, of course, since one can't have random sides online, but keep in mind that while most of the new maps use ABY sides online, all of the stock maps use BBY sides online.

And in regards to your compatibility question, the older Dark Times should be incompatible with the newer one, as changes were made to every script.
CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by CommanderFixer »

I never played the stock maps in a while. I noticed that but didn't think about it. You see, I was in a server, when we went to a stock map, we had the pre-BY sides. After that, however, the new maps had often used the ABY sides as you have stated. I think most people who had the Dark Times probably have obtained Rising Sons by now. Shame on myself for not playing the campaign yet. I'd guess that if somebody had a server of the now "outdated" Dark Times, and somebody with Rising Sons came along, they wouldn't be able to join at all. I completely forgot if the original Dark Times had Militia Elites. Did it? I know the Phase One Dark Troopers are new(And excellent). I'm suprised you kept the Jump Troopers in the ABY sides. But, then again... many people prefer the flame jets and a good, reliable T-21b, do they not? :stormie: :vader2: :stormie: Plus, I don't recall seeing a successor to the Jump Trooper in the ABY period, besides the near-useless Phase Zeros.
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

Plus, I don't recall seeing a successor to the Jump Trooper in the ABY period, besides the near-useless Phase Zeros.
Well, if you include Dark Troopers then you have the Phase 2 and 3.
CommanderFixer
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by CommanderFixer »

Hmm... I'm pretty sure only the Phase 1 is inlcuded. Although I did hear from someone that they saw a Phase 3 on DTII. They said that they saw 'em on Fest. Phase 2's are mainly on BFX. As I said, the Jumps have no successors, as far as my knowledge of the timeline goes. :angel: I'm pretty sure the purpose of the Dark Troopers was to be the next generation of Stormies, and act as new trooper armor, too. The Phase 3's were the "armor" type, but could operate independently. The Dark Troopers were equipped with Jump Packs, like their Phase Zero counterpart... Or did Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron lie to me? Whatever. Dark Troopers are cool. Overall, I don't understand what you said.... so I just stated the evolution of Dark Troopers and the Jump Trooper. Excuse me.... My mind is in shambles after being blown away after trying out Mav's campaign. :bowdown: That's somewhat relating back to the topic.... How awesome this mod is. :maulsaber:
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

CommanderFixer wrote:Plus, I don't recall seeing a successor to the Jump Trooper in the ABY period, besides the near-useless Phase Zeros.
Actually, it sort of makes sense to have Jump Troopers in Rising Son.

Long before The Force Unleashed came out, there were a couple articles describing Stormtroopers equipped with jetpacks in Wookiepedia, these early Jumptroopers only showed up in comic books from the 80's and very little was known about them, but the concept definitely existed.

I wish I could show you one of these articles, but I can't find it anymore, it looks like the Wookiepedia people replaced the old entries about flying Stormtroopers with the TFU Jumptrooper... I'm pretty sure I saw it, though.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

I think I know what you're talking about, Nihillo; I believe they were called Rocket Troopers. I remember reading about them a few years back when I was looking up Stormtrooper variants.