Multiplayer Issues

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Multiplayer Issues

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Okay, so my friends and I sometimes make Dark Times servers, but no matter who makes it, (even me on a dedicated server run off my comp, or just my own normal server) I crash within ten minutes. Sometimes its when the map starts, sometimes it's while im strafing at a stormtrooper, and sometimes its while im capturing a cp, just completely random. I've tried a clean reinstall of the mod, but not a reinstall of the game yet. Has anyone else had this issue? It works great on single player, just randomly crashes.

Trying a clean reinstall of the game, I'm just wondering if I'm the only one with the issue or if there's a fix.
lucasfart
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Multiplayer Issues

Post by lucasfart »

Do you have an older computer? because it might not be able to handle all the effects and stuff going on around. Apart from that I have no idea, except for maybe trying a redownload of the mod.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Yep, specs would be the first thing I'd check. Processor speed, RAM, Graphics card, internet connection speed, and whether all drivers are up-to-date. Best to eliminate the easiest things first. And there's a few other questions that should probably be asked as well -- Is this on any specific map/mode, or does it happen on every map, in any mode? Have you ever experienced any crashes with other mods online?
AgentSmith_#27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Projects I am ready to unveil
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-MW2-Madden 08

Post by AgentSmith_#27 »

It will crash for me it doesn't usually crash in the middle of the map though, unless it's Coruscant hero assault and someone is doing the shadow guard swing or stuff like that. For some reason for me, maps seem to crash when played after certain other maps, no idea why. But for you, try playing w/o bots and see if it crashes within 10.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

@Tean - Every map mode. BFX works like a dream.

@lucasfart - It's a brand new Alienware, so I dont think low-end specs would be a problem:

Code: Select all

Manufacturer: Alienware 
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.6GHz 
Memory: 4096MB RAM 
Hard Drive: 484 GB 
Video Card: (Vista) ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 
Sound Card: Speakers / Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC) 
Keyboard: USB Root Hub 
Mouse: USB Root Hub 
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909) 
And I don't think internet speed is an issue. I'm fine on other multiplayer servers, this only happens when I do the Dark Times era.

I'll let you guys know what a full game wipe and reinstall did, we haven't had another multiplayer session yet.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

At this point the only thing to do is log it as 'noted'. It's definitely not a PC specs issue, and so it may be an online-only flaw in the mod code. Who knows. We'll just have to watch for others who have the same issue.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

I don't know specifically what your problem is, and can't make any guess unless I know specifically what you're doing. If you're using Jedi-heavy modes (e.g. hero assault) then you may have issues. This is mentioned in the readme, and I would specifically recommend making sure not to play any Jedi hero assault modes online with any substantial amount of people and especially with any A.I.
lucasfart
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by lucasfart »

Could it be your internet speed? It's highly unlikely i know, but worth checking..
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:And I don't think internet speed is an issue. I'm fine on other multiplayer servers, this only happens when I do the Dark Times era.
FragMe!
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Not sure keep changing my mind.
Games I'm Playing :: F1 and SWBF

Post by FragMe! »

Does it make any difference if you use a new profile (one that does not have a lot of award weapons) some maps with custom sides can be fussy that way. Had to use a clean profile to help test DMI the other day otherwise would just CTD.
It is worth a try.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Mav- No, we've only been doing the stock maps on conquest with the Dark Times era. And it isn't connected to when the hero is unlocked, I've defeated Bail Organa, Bossk, the Shadow Guard, and Starkiller (just to name a few) when my friends have unlocked them on their team. I've tried pinpointing it to a specific cause, but it honestly appears to be totally random.

FragMe- It's multiplayer... the Legendary auto-award doesn't apply. But if you think it will help, I can just create a new profile and log on to my current Gamespy ID.

Next scheduled Dark Times server is either tomorrow or Saturday, depending on how many people we have on tomorrow. I'll update then.