Alliance Shuttle Problem

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

AlaskaAce1996
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF II

Alliance Shuttle Problem

Post by AlaskaAce1996 »

This is a minor thing, but when I go up the ramp and into the small interior of the Alliance shuttle, I can't stay in because when the ship hits the hangar shield I fall out and stay in the hangar. After that I landed the shuttle so half of the ship was in space and the other half was in the ship, and instead of staying in the shuttle, I got ejected into space. This isn't a major issue so if you can't find a fix that's fine.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Alliance Shuttle Problem

Post by AQT »

It's not a bug because you're not supposed to do that; enter it as you would with any vehicle or starfighter.
Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Something cool...
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CoDBO BFBC2
xbox live or psn: Has no xbox....Yup

Post by Darth_Spiderpig »

You could "fix" the thing with the shield you could add a .msh.option file containing -nocollision

That assuming it's your map, but it appearantly isn't, so there's nothing you could do.
commander501stappo
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim BF4 KSP CIV V
xbox live or psn: DarthAppo

Post by commander501stappo »

Well, you can do something about it, but it will only last for one match and then you'll havev to do it again. You can use the Face Console and choose "Walk Through Hangar Shields"(or whatevevr it's called). :wink:
[Padawan]Helkaan
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Dunno. Maybe making something
Games I'm Playing :: Some.

Post by [Padawan]Helkaan »

@501stappo: ^Warning, no discussion about cheating/glitching any hosted mods on gametoast. It's a rule :runaway:

@Staff: Sorry, I don't want to junior moderate :oops: .
commander501stappo
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim BF4 KSP CIV V
xbox live or psn: DarthAppo

Post by commander501stappo »

I don't look at it as glitching cause it's in the fake console made by a staff member here on GT.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

[Padawan]Helkaan wrote:@501stappo: ^Warning, no discussion about cheating/glitching any hosted mods on gametoast. It's a rule :runaway:

@Staff: Sorry, I don't want to junior moderate :oops: .
Not to get off-topic, but is it a rule? I don't recall reading that one.
forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=21656
[Padawan]Helkaan
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Dunno. Maybe making something
Games I'm Playing :: Some.

Post by [Padawan]Helkaan »

I mean that:
Never, EVER, post anything about glitching/cheating in any games we mod
Hey, if you want to glitch or cheat on your own time, we're not going to stop you. But when you log into Gametoast you're considered a clean and fair player. First offense will result in a permanent ban with no hope of ever returning. This is non-negotiable. Nobody likes online cheaters.
But I'm appearently wrong, after what you say.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

From the above rule: Hey, if you want to glitch or cheat on your own time, we're not going to stop you.

The fake console isn't glitching or cheating in any case, since it effectively just acts as a customizable mod. The rule is there to prevent discussion of multiplayer cheating (or things that could enable it), because our concern is simply making sure that in your having fun, you do not get in the way of someone else fairly having fun.

And in any case, it's mostly ancillary to this topic (which was quickly resolved two weeks ago right after it was posted) - the original question simply reflected a misunderstanding of how the shuttle was supposed to work, and that question was answered. If something isn't pointed out by a staff member within two weeks, you can probably assume it's not an issue.